Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Perlite, pH Test Strips, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineinsanity_420
Beginner
time to patch casing Yay
    #3298713 - 10/30/04 09:51 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

ok so i finally have something goin. 3 days ago i took my quart jar and tried to clone the myc and i cased the rest of it. Jars are doing nothing im sad to say no cotams or anything mabye a small spot on one jar. anyways i peeked in at my casing and looky what i got
i apologize for the crappy pic i cant get a better one for the life of me but u can see its there.

Theres about 7 or 8 spots comin through already Now how heavy of a layer do i need to patch em and it should be moist correct?
i have a concern that i may have a hard time getting optimal temps in my terrarium tho. the temp is gunna b e needed to get dropped about 5 degrees. any ideas on how i can get it lower but not too low? there in a 10 gallon fish tank. Should i cold shock them because of this or is it too late now? the casing should get a light misting too right?
ill keep ya updated thanks for all help guys i couldnt of done it without ya
-insanity_420

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSCIOpenEyedDream
DillusionalDreamer

Loc: Western Europe
Re: time to patch casing Yay [Re: insanity_420]
    #3298737 - 10/30/04 09:58 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Not heavy at all and yes, moist. And I drop mine about 10 degrees when I switch from incubation to terrarium. Don't bother shocking them. Just put some bottles of frozen water in the terrarium to drop the temp. Also, mist until you see pins, then stop. Read any good casing teks and do a search or two... all this info has been covered hundreds of times.

--------------------
Everything I say on this board is a lie.

Eat more string cheese. It's good for you.

Offlineinsanity_420
Beginner
Re: time to patch casing Yay [Re: SCIOpenEyedDream]
    #3298754 - 10/30/04 10:02 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i know im doing the 60/40 coir verm casing ive read the teks im just lookin for other peoples opinions

OfflineSCIOpenEyedDream
DillusionalDreamer

Loc: Western Europe
Re: time to patch casing Yay [Re: insanity_420]
    #3298768 - 10/30/04 10:04 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

60/40 coir verm and you're worried about the ph? I used 50/50, 70/30, and 100/0 coir/verm and never had problems with the ph. Might be something else you're doing affecting your results. You only really worry about it with other casing materials... not really coir or verm.

--------------------
Everything I say on this board is a lie.

Eat more string cheese. It's good for you.

Offlineinsanity_420
Beginner
Re: time to patch casing Yay [Re: SCIOpenEyedDream]
    #3300618 - 10/31/04 10:38 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

who said anything about ph? there good so far why would i worry about that? im worried about keeping the temp about 5 degrees lower than room temp. Nuthin im doin effecting my results so far except for me not shakin the syringe (one time =) hopefully these ones do something i had a casing with potting soil and perlite on the bottom and straight potting soil on top. I thought it was doing something and i was seeing mycelim pokin through but it seems to have vanished over the past 2-3 days (o well Expriment failure eh?) i dont think thats gunna happen again.
when u guys use a karo solution or honey solution to put into your jars how much do you guys usually put in a jar? 1/2cc per hole or 1 cc per hole and 2 or 4 holes in the lids what do you guys usually do? i been makin 2 in each lid.
also ima be gettin sommore spores what do you guys think about GT and B+ ? good combo or what? what sites are reccommended around here?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Perlite, pH Test Strips, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation