Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCrill
Stranger
What is this I've been hearing about "Free Tyvek" from the post office?
    #3291502 - 10/28/04 09:28 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Ok, so my buddy was looking for filter discs for the tops of 1pint jars. Ordering 50 is rather expensive, so someone suggested that he should just use the tyvek you can get for free from the post office on the Internet or somthing. What is this tyvek stuff, and how can he go about getting it sent to his house or where could he pick it up. Will it work as a substitute for the synthetic filter discs?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: What is this I've been hearing about "Free Tyvek" from the post office? [Re: Crill]
    #3291512 - 10/28/04 09:29 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

It's those Priority Mail envelopes they give away at the post office. It says Dupont Tyvek on it. Just go to the post office and grab a stack of them, or order some from the USPS or FedEx websites. It works just fine for filters.

OfflineJ4S0N
human
 User Gallery

Re: What is this I've been hearing about "Free Tyvek" from the post office? [Re: Crill]
    #3291526 - 10/28/04 09:33 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Tyvek is a house wrap, you can buy it at a lot of hardware stores. Usually it comes in large rolls, so its not very useful to buy it that way. I beleive the post office makes certain envelopes out of tyvek, so apparently you can order them. Perhaps someone else can explain exactly how to do it, since i havn't yet (i bought mine at the hardware store).

It allows for air exchange without moisture or contaminates getting through (still use a vermiculte layer though).

--------------------
"The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media." ~ William Colby, Former Director, CIA

OfflineCrill
Stranger
Re: What is this I've been hearing about "Free Tyvek" from the post office? [Re: J4S0N]
    #3291549 - 10/28/04 09:36 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Does anyone have any links to filter teks for jars?

OfflineZeroArmy27
I didn't go to work for a month.

Loc: Middle of nowhere
Re: What is this I've been hearing about "Free Tyvek" from the post office? [Re: J4S0N]
    #3291552 - 10/28/04 09:37 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

you can order them off of the usps website and they'll leave them in your mailbox... i just drive a mile down the road to the post office and pick some up.

express or priority mail envelopes work. don't worry if they say "post consumer content." some people seem to think it's paper, but it's just recycled plastics turned into tyvek... recycling ya'll.

god i hate living it tennessee. they have me saying ya'll now.

--------------------
"a monkey would fuck you up if you tried to put it in a autoclave" - Psychoslut

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

OfflineMcMushrooms420
Here but not really.....
 User Gallery

Re: What is this I've been hearing about "Free Tyvek" from the post office? [Re: ZeroArmy27]
    #3291857 - 10/28/04 10:49 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I would do a search and find the link for you but I'm lazy and you shouldn't be. Just go to search posts type in tyvek and I'm sure you will get 100's and 100's of results.

--------------------
You Can't Give It Up........

Offlinemyhtown
Stranger
Re: What is this I've been hearing about "Free Tyvek" from the post office? [Re: McMushrooms420]
    #3291963 - 10/28/04 11:18 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Tyvek is great ... you can't tear it at all ... You can easily order free evnelopes through USPS.com .... I have tons

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #3292502 - 10/29/04 02:12 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Heres a link to he page you order it on.
http://shop.usps.com/cgi-bin/vsbv/postal...jsp?OID=1003543

Have fun!!

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

OfflineCrill
Stranger
Re: What is this I've been hearing about "Free Tyvek" from the post office? [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #3294779 - 10/29/04 05:56 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I know how to order it, i just don't know how to apply it to the jars. Do i cut little circles and use it just as i would with filter patches? Can i innoc. through it, what about the whole the syringe leaves? can i pressure cook with the tyvek envelope cutting on the jar?

Edited by Crill (10/29/04 05:57 PM)

Offlinemushroomike
pot head

Loc: inside my head
    #3294907 - 10/29/04 06:30 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/26004

On the bottom of this page. Hope this helps

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What is this I've been hearing about "Free Tyvek" from the post office? [Re: mushroomike]
    #3297068 - 10/30/04 11:05 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

kramer likes to us fed-ex envelopes and encourages everyone else to do the same

http://www.fedex.com/us/?link=1
you can even call the 1-800 # and they will actually send some out with the envelopes that day or the very next day. 5-10 envelopes will do a lot of jars.......
:thumbup:

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

Re: What is this I've been hearing about "Free Tyvek" from the post office? [Re: george castanza]
    #3297086 - 10/30/04 11:08 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

why does kramer like fed ex better than usps, are they the same?

and everyone should order sensible amounts, dont order 10000 or they wont be free much longer.

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What is this I've been hearing about "Free Tyvek" from the post office? [Re: zerozero]
    #3297173 - 10/30/04 11:30 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zerozero said:
why does kramer like fed ex better than usps, are they the same?

and everyone should order sensible amounts, don't order 10000 or they wont be free much longer.

1) he has his reasons
2)yes they are pretty much the same
3)agreed, just get what you need, a little goes a long way...and there is always more
4)helpful hint: tell the fed-x peeps you want to schedule a pick-up and need supplies...when the dude shows up get the supplies and tell him you will call back to reschedule the pick-up because you're not quite ready yet...document you're shipping need revisions ...etc(it is always good to have a cover story....sometimes kramer and myself really have some fun with the cover stories and just run with them....)
:peace:

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

Re: What is this I've been hearing about "Free Tyvek" from the post office? [Re: george castanza]
    #3297201 - 10/30/04 11:37 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

"remember its not a lie if you believe it" George Costanza, episode that Jerry has to take the lie detector test of watching melrose place. lol. and thanks Georgie boy!

InvisibleKyKid
Stranger
Re: What is this I've been hearing about "Free Tyvek" from the post office? [Re: zerozero]
    #3297425 - 10/30/04 12:50 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Man i didnt even put any thought into having a reason for ordering the envolopes, i ordered 100 to my house about a week ago for the first time. you guys got my nervous now. oh well, i wont even think about it after i eat the gt's my buddy just harvested. Its great having friends that grow to. when im out or my shit gets contamed i can just pick up the phone. Hahaha.

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

Re: What is this I've been hearing about "Free Tyvek" from the post office? [Re: KyKid]
    #3297443 - 10/30/04 12:56 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

nervous over what, fedex isnt going to come get you, tell them you just wanted to send one thing and you dont know how it ended up being a hundred,, lol, no just kidding it doesnt matter kramer just likes to lie to the dudes, its kinda fun. tell them you are starting a small in home business and you need those for product mailing or something, tell him its for your new dildo company and if would like to see them come on in..

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3298471 - 10/30/04 06:30 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

When they deliver it, they don't know what it is. They just say, here, you say thanks! -shrug-

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order