Home | Community | Message Board

Fairy Ring Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, 10cc Syringe, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinekrazycure
Coastal TripTech

Loc: The edge of reason
PC'ing used syringes for Karo transfers...
    #3298461 - 10/30/04 08:27 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I am about to go full force into this tek, it's very promising.  :grin:

I was wondering if you could PC used 10cc syringes in a quart jar for use later in a Karo culture to grains transfer? If so, would you fill the syringes with water, the jars with water, or both beforehand?

Is the plastic of a good enough consistency to hold up to 20 mins or so of Pc'ing? I searched but didn't find anyone trying this. I figured it would be cheaper than ordering new ones, and seeing as it would come right out of the PC and into a Karo jar, and then right into a jar of WBS, it should work.  :cool:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: PC'ing used syringes for Karo transfers... [Re: krazycure]
    #3298849 - 10/30/04 10:25 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I've done this many times before...take a shotglass and with the syringes completlty empty just put them needle down into the glass and PC 'em that way for like 20 min. No water in syringe or shot glass. Done it many times for karo tek and to make spore syringes and never had any problems.

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

InvisibleGyromitra
Fungsmurf
 User Gallery

Re: PC'ing used syringes for Karo transfers... [Re: DirtMcgirt]
    #3303125 - 11/01/04 01:42 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I wrap them in foil and stick them in between jars, then put them in ziploc bags with the foil still on, when they're done. They are OK even after an hour at full heat.

I also spray the foil with bleach or alcohol before I unwrap them to use, but I'm kinda anal that way.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, 10cc Syringe, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation