Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineel_malibu
Stranger
Unhappy with first trip :(
    #3298102 - 10/30/04 04:35 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Well about two weeks ago I was finnaly was able to get a half ounce of some white shrooms from a freind. I was with him the other day after he ate an eigth of the same shrooms I bought from him. He said he had about a level 4 trip. So the next night I dicide to finnaly try some. Iv'e always wanted to try shrooms so i was pretty excited. I eat an 1/8, and wait about 1 1/2 hours and nothing happens maybe just a mild body buzz kind of like pot. So I eat another 1/8 wait another hour with still about the same fealing no vizuals or nothing. Big disapointment, nothing. So I eat the rest of the bag. Within an 30 minutes im starting to get the full affects which wasn't quite what i was expecting. I ended up fealing sick for about 30 min, and when that went away I only had some mild visuals, but nothing impresive. I just really fealt really stoned. I probly only tripped hardcore for about 20 min max. I probly only made it to a level 3 after eating a 1/2 ounce. Is this all i should of fealt. I know the shrooms were good I saw my freind eat the same ones and trip balls. Was it because it was my first time or somthing? Or maybe it was the type of shrooms. They were white or grey(not shure because I am color blind), and about 3-5 inches tall. Can anyone give me advise on what went wrong, or is that a normal 1/2 ounce trip?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Unhappy with first trip :( [Re: el_malibu]
    #3298122 - 10/30/04 04:42 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Are you on any medications at all? Were they fresh or dried? Did you trip on anything within a week before this?

I find it hard to believe you ate a half ounce and only experienced minimal effects...

Maybe these were a different kind of shroom?

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineHeffy
BrauMeister
 User Gallery

Loc: International Traveller
    #3298126 - 10/30/04 04:43 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Classic bad idea. DON'T take more after you dose inititally. Just be patient.

--------------------
I am the king of Rome, and above grammar! - Emperor Sigismund

Offlineel_malibu
Stranger
    #3298221 - 10/30/04 05:08 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

This was my first trip and I had some pot probly 12 hours earlier(but I got a high tolerence for pot so i know that not the problem). The prolbem is is that I ate a 1/2ounce of shrooms with minimal affects. I will definatly try it agian, but can anyone give me a pointers of how to get a better trip?

InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: How the fuck should i kno...
Re: Unhappy with first trip :( [Re: dblaney]
    #3298267 - 10/30/04 05:24 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

dblaney18 said:
Are you on any medications at all? Were they fresh or dried? Did you trip on anything within a week before this?

I find it hard to believe you ate a half ounce and only experienced minimal effects...

Maybe these were a different kind of shroom?

Answers to these will really help.

--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

Offlineel_malibu
Stranger
Re: Unhappy with first trip :( [Re: ThirdEyeOpening]
    #3298317 - 10/30/04 05:43 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Well i guess i'd better tell some thngs about me to get my answer. First of all im 5ft 8in. and 146 pounds. I work out 3 times a week and I consider myself to be healthy. I am on no medications what so ever. I used to be somewhat of a pothead but not any more. It was just by some chance that earlier in the day that I smoked some chronic at my freinds house when I got the shrooms, but didn't eat them untill about 12 hours later so I know i wasnt stoned before hand. I ate a steak about 2 hours before I shroomed. Then overall I ate about 1/2 ounce of dried white-grey shrooms in about 2 1/2 3 hours time. I consider the trip to be about a low 3. But what bugs me is that I at an 1/2 and only got that. My freind ate an 1/8 the day before and had like a level 4/5 and he is the same size as me. Now can any one tell me what went wrong.

InvisibleMovingTarget

Loc: temporary
    #3298333 - 10/30/04 05:48 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I know someone who has to take 100 liberty caps to get tripping, and even then he doesnt really get many visuals, but then he IS on medication for back problems

--------------------

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #3298339 - 10/30/04 05:49 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Have you taken any other drugs recently? If you have, there could be some kind of cross tolerance.

Offlineel_malibu
Stranger
    #3298358 - 10/30/04 05:56 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

No I had not taken any other drug beside pot for over a month before this. None no medication, x, or anything else.

InvisibleAhab McBathsalts
OTD Windmill Administrator
Other User Gallery Ultimate Champion: Blackjack

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Wind Turbine, AB Flag
    #3298372 - 10/30/04 05:59 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

are you sure it was a 1/2 ounce and not like a 1/2 gram or something?

your shrooms aren't active and your friend is lying?

thats pretty much the only things i can think of. A 1/2 oz your first time should send you to another world.

--------------------
"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's going to die."

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
    #3298375 - 10/30/04 06:00 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Then try again sometime. read the link in my sig
you should find some answers in there.

eat 50 grams fresh and then make a post about not getting the full 'affects'

your shrooms were old, left in open air if they had no potency

--------------------

Offlinesublime40oz
Traveler
Loc: Florida
Re: Unhappy with first trip :( [Re: blink]
    #3298481 - 10/30/04 06:32 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yea I have to say if your not on any meds, and you did indeed eat a 1/2 ounce, somethings up. Either your dealer is full of it, or you just got some really improperly dried shrooms that lost most of their potency, an 1/8th of decent shrooms, not even great ones will rock your world most times.

--------------------
Beyond the gray sky

Offlineel_malibu
Stranger
Re: Unhappy with first trip :( [Re: blink]
    #3298495 - 10/30/04 06:38 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah next time im getting it from a different person definatly. I just find it odd cuz all my freinds talk about this dude having some badass shrooms, and my freind had ate an 1/8 with him out of the same bag the day before i bought them from him. He told me they were good and he has triped lots of times. Maybe i just need to try a different kind. I just moved and i have like 3 shroom connections, so i will definatly try some one else.

Edited by el_malibu (10/30/04 06:41 PM)

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3298510 - 10/30/04 06:43 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

sounds like you might have gotten burned

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflinePoopShooter
Escape Artist

Loc: PNW
    #3298594 - 10/30/04 07:12 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

It's probably most likely that you got ripped off, but I have a friend who has run into the same problem as you. The answers I got here were pretty much the same, telling me that the mushrooms were bunk, but I can garuntee that wasn't the case. We never did find out what caused it

Offlinediablovt1125
Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Unhappy with first trip :( [Re: PoopShooter]
    #3299019 - 10/30/04 09:15 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Your mushrooms were probably no good...

--------------------
Know yourself, know your substance, and know your source

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Unhappy with first trip :( [Re: diablovt1125]
    #3299476 - 10/30/04 11:27 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

first thing I noticed about your post was that they were white mushrooms. while parts of them can be white(ish), I've never had any cubensis that I would describe as white.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

Re: Unhappy with first trip :( [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3299606 - 10/31/04 12:06 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

if the shrooms were dried in a dick headed way, like over 150 degrees or so, like in an oven, then that could do exactly what you have described,

or you could be a person who is not as " easy " as other people. and by this i mean my buddy will eat a half ounce and try to get all f'd up, but wont. and i out way him by 50 pounds and i can have a good trip off of a few grams. it seems to vary drastically from person to person.
but i wouldn't suggest eating a half ounce again that's a good way to have a bad night.

and next time try grinding them into a powder first, less work breaking down in your system.

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #3300064 - 10/31/04 02:28 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

dude its probably a good thing that thats all that happpened after you ate a half a fucking ounce...........

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

OfflinePsiledehysp
second mushroomto the left
 User Gallery

Loc: inside out
Re: Unhappy with first trip :( [Re: Help on the Way]
    #3300508 - 10/31/04 07:28 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Slipknot420 said:
dude its probably a good thing that thats all that happpened after you ate a half a fucking ounce...........

Hey, good point!

--------------------
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.
- Carl Gustav Jung

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies