Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Loc: dx/dt
ionic breeze
    #3296208 - 10/30/04 02:43 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

haha, theres one of those long ass half hour long infomercials on tv saying how much better the ionic breeze is over HEPA filters.......  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :laugh:

--------------------
better living through chemistry

OVERGROW the government!!

it's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, ok, thats what it is.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
Re: ionic breeze [Re: derx]
    #3296352 - 10/30/04 04:47 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

don't believe it

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: ionic breeze [Re: george castanza]
    #3296444 - 10/30/04 05:44 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I was watching it too..its actually not a bad little thing..no filters to replace all that good stuff. It is cheaper then a HEPA and quieter. They never say that it removes more or even the same amount of stuff (especially the smaller stuff like spores) as a FRESH HEPA though. Only that many people don't change the filter and prefilters every 6 and 12 months and after that the ionic breeze is better then the HEPA. They're right too..this is the problem with HEPA's. Ionic breezes are much more expensive but for the average person just trying to quietly make their family breathe easier (be it pollen, smoke, animal dander) these are better then HEPA's. Mushroom cultivation however is different. I have one they had on the show though (HEPA)..the one they said was one of the best on the market today :smile: It works great for airing out the closet cause of the directional blower..anyways..yeah..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

Re: ionic breeze [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3296897 - 10/30/04 09:58 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i have been trying out different hepas and ionizers for about four years or so and i have come to the following conclusions,

first, the sharper image ionic breeze is a negative ion machine, negative ions have been studied quite a bit and seem to do many of the things sharper image claims, neutralizes odors or dust, basically the idea is that all these particles that float around that bother people are positively charged and negative ions combining with these will neutralize them and make them drop to the ground, there is the problem, they drop to the ground, covering everything in a dust that sticks to everything like glue. the ionic breeze kinda keeps this under control buy having those collection grids, but with this kind of collection idea basically if the air doesn't pass through unit it doesn't get any cleaner, and since the ionic breeze has no moving parts, ie. fans, you need to circulate the air around the unit for it to do any good, unless you using it in a three foot Plexiglas cube, like in the commercial. also its crazy expensive 399 to 499, this is quite a bit considering that you still need another fan to push the air around. search the internet for negative ion machines and you will find lab units in that price range. there are some uses for ion generators, ive used a small ion device that was used to kill odor in a small enclosed grow chamber, the problem was the ions charged the mlyar up like a static chamber and anytime you touched the stuff you would receive a nice little shock, also the negative ions really seem to make people sleep better, i have a negative ion unit in my guest room and people say they think they slept better because of it, some didnt know it was in the room and marveled at the great sleep they got.

now  hepa filters rock, they actually filter the air and they circulate the air, but you need to research the one you are going to get, before you get it because there are so real bad ones out there. first you should check to see how much the replacement set of filters cost, some are crazy money. and you should check to see how many CFM's( cubic feet per minute ) its rated for, and see how many how many microns small it will filter down to. comparing these things you should be able pick a good one. ive messed with a few and one was a honeywell and the other was like the one on the sharper image commercial, the round one, cant think of the name my old gf has it and i think ive partially blocked it from my memory, but it was top of the line a couple years ago and it cost about 300 bucks, also the filters were cost prohibitive, and they got really dirty really fast, of course this would depend on the amount of junk in your air, and both of those units were loud and took a lot of power. so they worked but at a huge cost. now i found this one and for the money it cant be beat, the www.plasmapure.com, its a charcoal filter, a hepa filter, and a ion generator. blam. everything you need in a small, quiet, efficient unit, and the best part the filters are only 75 bucks for a charcoal and hepa filter and you only have to change it every five years. the unit has 2 different micron sensitive dust gages that work amazing, every time my heat comes on or when i take a tube, the unit knows there's dust in the air and it turns itself on to a higher or lower setting accordingly.
i know this is a little wordy, so sorry,  im going to try to post it some day in the future with some more links to fact pages and research pages. more data...
peace 00 :thumbup:

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Re: ionic breeze [Re: zerozero]
    #3297140 - 10/30/04 11:22 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

damn man, good write up. anyone searching for any info on hepas should read zero's post. I already have my hepa filter. It was $100 at best buy, it also is an ionizer at the same time with a press of a button. It works very well so far. I am pleased. The only time it's really on is when im doing my sterile work so i shouldnt have to worry about filters that often.

--------------------

InvisibleSearch59
Yet anotherhobby for me.

#3441806 - 12/03/04 10:58 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

This is what you want. It has a negative ion generator, and sucks air thru a hepa filter. Also oscilates.

h p://www.bionaire.com/support_files/bap825.aspx

I don't like to hot link.

--------------------
The only beneficiaries of Prohibition were bootleggers(drug makers), crime bosses(drug pushers), and the forces of big government(DEA).
(wheres the benefit for the consumer?)

You gotta check this out.
http://www.di.fm/mp3/chillout96k.pls

Ride the wave of the mellow fractal rainbow!

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #3441836 - 12/03/04 11:06 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I for one as an HVAC person ...
Do not see how one of those things can truly clean the air in a standard sized bed room (10x12x8). They have no means of drawing air into them (no fan) and recerculating back into the room . Perhaps in a closet sized area they could , but anything bigger than a 4x4x8 I thinks not . Using high quality air filter in central air system would do just as good if not better IMHO .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

InvisibleSearch59
Yet anotherhobby for me.

Re: ionic breeze [Re: tripndicular]
    #3441915 - 12/03/04 11:25 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I hear the HVAC idea, but installing it into your cental air? Aren't those things $$$$? . The bionaire does draw air into it. Via two circular fans. The bionaire retails for 150$ i think.

--------------------
The only beneficiaries of Prohibition were bootleggers(drug makers), crime bosses(drug pushers), and the forces of big government(DEA).
(wheres the benefit for the consumer?)

You gotta check this out.
http://www.di.fm/mp3/chillout96k.pls

Ride the wave of the mellow fractal rainbow!

Invisibletripndicular

Re: ionic breeze [Re: Search59]
    #3442053 - 12/03/04 11:51 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I wasn't talking about the hepa systems that can be installed in central air sys. Theose cost about 650$ us , depending on sqft of house , plus installation . Never done one yet , but those seem to do the job , but pain in the ass in most cases to maintenance , depending on where they got installed by contractor , or planned in by architect .
I was refering to high quality filters for the home system , pleated filters .
Would do just as well as the Sharper Image scam machine .
No not as effective as a portable hepa set up .

Now the ideal , rich mans setup hmmmmm.......
Hermetically sealed , positive air flow , air curtens at door , hepa installed in line , negative ion collection centers with cleanable grids to , fully temp and humidity controled via cpu, room that would be soooooo sweet ~

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
Loc: Casing layer of hell
Re: ionic breeze [Re: tripndicular]
    #3442071 - 12/03/04 11:55 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Jesus christ mad scientist  :eek:

InvisiblePeterthinks
(Caulking) gun for hire

Re: ionic breeze [Re: spliffmasta]
    #3442121 - 12/03/04 12:10 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I thought I was the mad scientist!...gotta go I got stuff in the lab to look after.:jester:

--------------------
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for the rest of the night.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
NEWB NEWBIE NEWCOMER IGNORANT? QUESTIONS?
Click HERE HERE HERE HERE For detailed instructions with pictures on how to grow mushrooms. There is a lot of info on the Shroomery and this is what you need to know.

Invisibletripndicular

Re: ionic breeze [Re: Peterthinks]
    #3442140 - 12/03/04 12:17 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Peterthinks said:
I thought I was the mad scientist!...gotta go I got stuff in the lab to look after.:jester:

The StayPuff Marshmello Man !!!!!!!!!

Mad scientist ...... shit that was just a fantasy , the ideal grow room  :crazy2:

Where did you get the jester guy ?

--------------------

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Re: ionic breeze [Re: Search59]
    #3442496 - 12/03/04 02:22 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

that is the exact model of HEPA I have. I bought it from Best buy monthes ago. I was just post whoring about ionic breeze and how they say it's so great, which it is, just not good enough for what we would use it for.

--------------------

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: ionic breeze [Re: zerozero]
    #3442521 - 12/03/04 02:29 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Fully agreed. I went with the Oreck. It is pretty much just a ionic breeze with a fan and I have to admit I love the fucking thing. Now is it as good as a hepa fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck no. Ionic breeze and the Oreck get about 95% of the shit that passes through them.
For the main work area (where syringes are made and g2g stuff, agar work) go with a hepa for the rest of the house I use orecks to keep the contam count down.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

Re: ionic breeze [Re: Magash]
    #3442827 - 12/03/04 03:39 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

if anyone is shopping around for a filter check this out, its the shit!!!...... www.plasmapure.com

I've had one for a few months and it is amazing,

it knows when there are dust particles in the air, and can turn itself up or down accordingly, and it doesn't put out so many negative ions that it turn your room into a dust collector ( like some other negative ion machines that don't turn themselves down when not needed)

and it really kills smell with its charcoal filter and negative ion generator ( hits go in, nothing comes out!!!)

and the true hepa filter must be doing good.

plus 5 years until the hepa and charcoal filter need to be replaced( unless i keep blowing my hits into the thing)

i found out that asthma clinics in the alt. use plasmapures in their offices and waiting rooms, and people enjoy the quality of the air so much in the offices, that they try to buy them from the place and they don't even sell them. its a Mitsubishi product.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds