Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Watch for subliminal messages people...
    #3296606 - 10/30/04 07:36 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I just rented the movie "Dawn of the Dead" and I was stunned to find that in the begining credits, when there are flash images of zombies, riots, attacking police and damaging buildings, there is also a one second flash image of muslims praying in a mosque, and then it continues with bloody confrontations of the zombies. This image had absolutely nothing to do with the rest. I was like WTF??????

Anyone else noticed this?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMovingTarget

Loc: temporary
Re: Watch for subliminal messages people... [Re: exclusive58]
    #3296611 - 10/30/04 07:39 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

no i havnt seen the film, but it doesnt surprise me  :rolleyes:

--------------------

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3296613 - 10/30/04 07:40 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

subliminal messages only work for a very short time span so it's probably to just scare people a little or something and not trying to convert them to be muslims :grin:

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
    #3296615 - 10/30/04 07:41 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

So do you think it was a pro-muslim, or an anti-muslim message?

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Watch for subliminal messages people... [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #3296621 - 10/30/04 07:44 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

if it was some kind of intended message I don't think it would be pro muslim because from what I read in the first post muslims would be associated with zombies, riots, attacking police and damaging buildings :smirk:

hah, this is my 3333th post :laugh:

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: Watch for subliminal messages people... [Re: stefan]
    #3296962 - 10/30/04 10:21 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

that's not really subliminal, if you noticed it it's just normal images.
the mosque is just archive footage, much as the rest of that sequence.  It was probably used because there is more movement in their prayers compared to sitting in a church and look and a preacher.
congrats on 3333 stefan! It only comes once :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleMovingTarget

Loc: temporary
Re: Watch for subliminal messages people... [Re: blink]
    #3296982 - 10/30/04 10:28 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

it seems strange to add that image in with riots and shit like that though

--------------------

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

Re: Watch for subliminal messages people... [Re: MovingTarget]
    #3297018 - 10/30/04 10:39 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

obviously they chose it for a reason, they just didn't pick footage at random. Could have been because of the prayer thing as blinkidiot said, or it could have been because a lot of people are someone afraid of islamic people because they don't understand them and have never been around them and associate them in several ways with terrorism, thus the shot of the muslims would add to the fearful images for somepeople while not being so blunt. Plus people laots of people praying adds an element of graveness to a situation. Who knows why they picked it, I haven't even seen the movie. But like stefan said subliminal messages only work for short amounts of time, so they would have only affected the way the viewer perceived the images following the shot of the muslims, not the way the viewer looks at life in general.

--------------------

Without love in the dream
It will never come true

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #3297100 - 10/30/04 11:12 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Ja.. there are millions of other subliminal messages in tons of other movies and programs that you have probably never noticed. Everything from Simpsons to Disney movies they slip them in everywhere in many different ways. crazy shit man.. I seem to notice them more when I am tripping on acid.. but then I can only take about 5 minutes of tv before my brain is about to explode.

--------------------

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Watch for subliminal messages people... [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #3297103 - 10/30/04 11:13 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

How can you associate horrifying images of zombies and shit with muslims praying? How could this be a pro-muslim message?
This image could be seen as an anti-muslim visual message, because it lasted enough time for it to be perceived by the eye and reach the visual cortex, but it was too short for our conscience to be informed of anything. These kind of subliminal messages have a goal: to manipulate the behavior of the spectator.

Its been used ever since the 1950's, when the first subliminal messages were broadcasted in movie theaters by Coca-cola. Ever since that, subliminal messages are used for marketing purposes. Its called neuromarketing. But it could very well be used by powerful politicans as well. Like for example, in Bush Jr's first electoral campaign, he had an ad going that said "The Gore prescription plan: Bureaucrats Decide". The word "Rats" was inserted right after the picture of Al Gore, it lasted about a third of a second. When people discovered this, he had to modify his ad.

What if this was a governmental strategy to feed even more the fear of muslims in americans?

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #3297109 - 10/30/04 11:15 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

it has been proven many times that subliminal messages have no effect on people.

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Watch for subliminal messages people... [Re: Shroomism]
    #3297118 - 10/30/04 11:17 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Ya man, i notice them too. I was actually going to title this thread something like "let's make a list of all the subliminal messages we see", but i wasn't sure if i was the only one seeing these things or if i was just crazy, so i just made the whole topic revolve around one particular subliminal message. I just hope people are more of aware of what they watch now...you gotta watch for this shit yall.

--------------------

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Watch for subliminal messages people... [Re: DoctorJ]
    #3297122 - 10/30/04 11:17 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

bullshit

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

#3297124 - 10/30/04 11:18 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

show me one scientific experiment in which subliminal messages have had an observable effect on their recipients.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #3297136 - 10/30/04 11:21 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I wouldn't be so sure about that.. subliminal messages can only be picked up subconsciously.. if they're done right.. are you saying that the information overload being blasted into our senses through the channel known as television media has NO effect on anyone? Subliminal messages are subliminal.. so how do you prove they have no effect in the first place? Most people aren't even consciously aware of them.

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

#3297146 - 10/30/04 11:24 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

OK, did you know there is a program you can get for your computer that will flash a message of your choosing at random intervals (not long enough for you to see, we're talking microseconds).

psychologists have done all kinds of experiments with programs like this and have found they have no observable effect on the subject. Look it up in your nearest Social Psychology textbook if you don't believe me.

I once wrote a whole paper on subliminal messages and in all my research I was unable to find ANY experimental evidence that they actually work.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #3297159 - 10/30/04 11:26 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

well I have in my brain classified them into two categories "good" subliminal messages and "bad" ones.. the bad ones you will see on things such as CNN, fascist news channels, and about a billion other places. The good ones, well you just have to look for them.. like once I was watching the simpons on acid and I saw this hypnotizing line pattern "vibration" going down the screen that was so obvious to me but so hidden at the same time.. it made me think damn they are genuises.. I had an epiphany about the way they put it all together but the words fail me... suffice it to say that everyone loves the simpsons, and they work it on multiple levels very intentionally.
What I've learned is that subliminal messages don't have to be one image inserted randomly for a split second into a stream of other images..though they often use that.. there are many different methods for delivery.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #3297171 - 10/30/04 11:30 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

yeah.. but that is assuming that a subliminal message is one word flashing in front of your face faster than the conscious mind can pick it up.. that's only one method of subliminal message delivery.. they have about a million other ones, some that are much more obvious than that.. and dont flash. Things the conscious mind CAN pick up. They are clever like that.

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

#3297181 - 10/30/04 11:33 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

If the conscious mind can pick them up, they arent subliminal messages.  They are just messages. 

dumbass

:lol:

Offlinerelativexistance
"beads, bees!?!?beads ....BEADS!!!"
 User Gallery

#3297193 - 10/30/04 11:35 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i dont thnk simply flashing an image as a subliminal message can work, however extended exposure to a common theme that you dont really notice can affect people. however i highly doubt that the image of the muslim praying has anything to do with anti or pro muslims, i think it was rather just an image to show people praying for an end to the chaos of said riots/zombies. Think about it they coulda put a christian praying at an alter, would that be anti or pro christian? I would say for it to have some meaning like anti muslim, it couldnt be supplanted with another group and still work in the movie because then its not truley done for a reason. I dunno im starting to ramble on now.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]