Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineVon
Stranger

Loc: Canada
God and life
    #3296109 - 10/30/04 03:35 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I have two theories on life. Each seem plausible in my eyes. I tend to flip flop between the two, as far as my beliefs for the day. I am wondering which one you guys would be more familiar with. And if neither really suit you then post what does.

a) A god would have to know everything that is and everything that will be (since that is the definition of a god). If there is a true meaning to life then there has to be a meaning to individuality. If there is no free will then there is no true meaning to individuality. Thus if there is a God that knows all that is to be, then there is no free will. Free will would then just be an illusion, there would be no meaning to individuality, and thus no meaning to life. If God knew everything, then he would know that he couldn't know that everything that will be, and thus couldn't exist. Such knowledge would cause God to self-destruct. Then that would make us God's fragments. So then consciousness is God, and we are all God, trying to realize our full potential.

b) Unless God's knowledge is beyond that which humans can grasp. In order for God to know all that is to be, and for free will to truly exist then there would have to be another level of consciousness above ours. There would have to be a dimension beyond our world that is not bound by time. If this dimension exists then knowledge is an illusion, and all that we learn is futile. If there is such a level beyond our understanding then we would have to simply trust in this level and its God, and do as we think they would like, or else we would surely fall out of their favour.

--------------------
And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots! You see, Reverend Maynard, tomorrow is harvest day and to them it is the holocaust." And I sprang from my slumber drenched in sweat like the tears of one million terrified brothers and roared, "Hear me now, I have seen the light! They have a consciousness, they have a life, they have a soul! Damn you! Let the rabbits wear glasses! Save our brothers!" Can I get an amen? Can I get a hallelujah? Thank you Jesus.

Edited by Von (10/30/04 03:50 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
Re: God and life [Re: Von]
    #3296131 - 10/30/04 03:47 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

If one's concept of God does not bring pleasure to the heart, they are not putting foward the effort to know him.

--------------------

InvisibleTeragon
Noddy

Loc: Lost in the Patterns
Re: God and life [Re: Von]
    #3296176 - 10/30/04 04:23 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I kinda agree with the second one, but nix the first sentence.

Also not all that you learn is futile...in may be futile in the sense of it all, but it is applicable for your time in this world/dimension. So enjoy the fact that you can amass (word?) knowledge. :grin: Life truly is amazing my friend.

And yes...have faith in this dimension...you have free will, but I think your subconscious is leading you. Free will to make the "right" choices or not....and by right I mean coinciding with your subconscious will/"choices".

I think you and I have different interpretations of "God"....I like the word "everything" :smirk:

--------------------
need that cash to feed them jones.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology