Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinepacopaco
Mad Hatter

Loc: Upstate New York
Religous Experience...
    #3295408 - 10/29/04 11:03 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Recently I hooked up a good friend, lets call him "B", with some dry mushies from a number of harvests, and later that night B and another one of his friends each ate an 8th .. and since then he has quit smoking pot (and this guy was definitely a head) because he promised God he would. *They had turned out the lights after having a good time till late into the night and were trying to sleep (but prolly just watching all the crazy colors in the darkness ..hehe.) and it just sorta happened. Wow.. I'm not even sure what to make of this.

**Edit: I was really f'in stoned when I wrote this - maybe thats a little more clear.

Edited by pacopaco (10/30/04 01:44 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePedM
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: Religous Experience... [Re: pacopaco]
    #3295695 - 10/30/04 12:44 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Try to make it the last possibility you'll entertain that your friend has gone crazy. It's not uncommon to feel a "holy presence" under the influence of mushrooms, and it's equally typical that the "holy presence" would have something to teach us about the mistakes we have made and are making. If your friend has decided to call it "God", then that's fine. As long as he's not getting carried away with that notion, it's probably a good thing for him that his mushroom experience may have opened his eyes to a problem he has with drugs.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Religous Experience... [Re: Ped]
    #3295811 - 10/30/04 01:16 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

The is it, it is the, and it is asleep? :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #3296514 - 10/30/04 08:18 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

All I can say is.. he may find himself doubting his own experience in less than a week. If he comes to you to talk to you about that, make sure you positively re-enforce the idea that it's for the best that he continue to entertain the concept, if only for the improved health he will see from not smoking anymore.

Offlinepacopaco
Mad Hatter

Loc: Upstate New York
Re: Religous Experience... [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3296910 - 10/30/04 12:02 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

For a while he and I have been talking about knowing we're gonna have to quit smoking pot - just being that point in our life. I'm almost there. Even if it turns into occasionally on the weekends sorta thing it would still be a good thing I'm sure - but I would support him to stick to what he feels to be the right decision. Right now he's in college and isn't doing bad but has expressed to me that he thinks he does better at school when he's not smoking - maybe he's just at a point in his life where he knows this is what he should do and the mushrooms brought it to the surface.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

#3296920 - 10/30/04 12:08 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Sounds about right.

Nothing wrong with cutting back to weekends either, that's a VERY good goal for a daily smoker.

That's actually what I've done, just this past month. I feel a LOT better all week, and when I DO smoke I SOAR, man. I fucking SOAR. I feel like i'm tripping balls half the time.

InvisibleLoosifa
none
 User Gallery

Loc: England (South) Flag
Re: Religous Experience... [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3297019 - 10/30/04 12:40 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

This is quite ironic to me. Before I started to do shrooms, I had religious beliefs. Nothing hectic, standard liberal Christian really. But the more shrooms I did, the less I could believe in the existence of "God"; you know, the one you got taught about at school.

--------------------
LURK

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Re: Religous Experience... [Re: Loosifa]
    #3297040 - 10/30/04 12:48 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Well, shrooms don't tend to reveal THAT god. There is no big guy living in the sky looking down on us. The "god" that most shroomers come to know is the god that is everything. Just literally all existance.

It's all a matter of how you label things. The things that you realized that disproved your previous idea of "god" are the same things that prove the very different idea of "god" for someone else.

I could never put much faith in the original concept of god as taught by my parents and the church because I failed to see how it could be logically grasped. It didn't make any sense to me.. so I was never able to develop a strong faith in this "god".

After some very life-shattering experiences on psychedelics I came to know a new force that I identify as "god".. but it is certainly not the same concept that was previously forced upon me.

Labels can make things confusing. Take your experiences for what they are, and don't try to apply other people's labels to them; or you'll just end up confused.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology