Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Microscope

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineI2ancid
josh hartnett,movie star actor
 User Gallery

Loc: psycholand
Amanita ID needed please
    #3295108 - 10/29/04 09:37 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Found in pine needles under pines east cobb county Georgia near woodstock. I'm not looking for someone to tell me directly what it is as I know im missing certain guidelines for ID. I'm just asking for speculations so any advice given is not held against anyone but myself.

--------------------
I went to st thomas and camped out ontop of the island... Despite my entire family being poor all my life, the land is priceless.
I was chased by haitians in the main city charlotte amalie when my girlfriend and I got some cocaine for free in a bar and mixed it with alcohol, to form a stronger drug. With such confidence at 2am, we walked the 4-5 or so miles down to the beach where the african slaves lie like lions waiting on tourist prey.

The war isen't on drugs... the war is on the causes that influence people to abuse drugs. drug-abuse is a by-product of the system and much like radioactive waste occurs from utilizing nuclear power, drug addicts with drug-problems will need to be properly disposed of, like the decaying radioactive waste produced from nuclear energy. -i2ancid

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita ID needed please [Re: I2ancid]
    #3295118 - 10/29/04 09:39 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

The edges are very noticeably ridged by the way, the camera doesent seem to want to highlight that feature.

--------------------
I went to st thomas and camped out ontop of the island... Despite my entire family being poor all my life, the land is priceless.
I was chased by haitians in the main city charlotte amalie when my girlfriend and I got some cocaine for free in a bar and mixed it with alcohol, to form a stronger drug. With such confidence at 2am, we walked the 4-5 or so miles down to the beach where the african slaves lie like lions waiting on tourist prey.

The war isen't on drugs... the war is on the causes that influence people to abuse drugs. drug-abuse is a by-product of the system and much like radioactive waste occurs from utilizing nuclear power, drug addicts with drug-problems will need to be properly disposed of, like the decaying radioactive waste produced from nuclear energy. -i2ancid

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #3295250 - 10/29/04 10:18 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

It's an Amanita, all right. I can't see the volva well in those photos, so can't use that to try and identify them.

There are a bunch of very similar Amanita species with that same overall appearance. Most of them are unknown as far as what toxins are in them. For what should be obvious reasons, Amanita is one of the very worst genera to experiment with.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita ID needed please [Re: ToxicMan]
    #3295260 - 10/29/04 10:20 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I'm thinking a. muscaria fly agaric?

--------------------

InvisibleSuper_Blunt
Candyman
 User Gallery

#3295267 - 10/29/04 10:21 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah i have found tons of these 12ancid.

--------------------

OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

#3295269 - 10/29/04 10:21 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

btw its aged

--------------------

OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita ID needed please [Re: Super_Blunt]
    #3295272 - 10/29/04 10:22 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yea, but what are they

Quote:

Super_Blunt said:
Yeah i have found tons of these 12ancid.

--------------------

InvisibleSuper_Blunt
Candyman
 User Gallery

#3295296 - 10/29/04 10:28 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yellow fly agarics that have been lightened by the sun, and aged by rain.

--------------------

OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita ID needed please [Re: Super_Blunt]
    #3295354 - 10/29/04 10:44 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

thank you, thats what thought

--------------------

OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

#3295367 - 10/29/04 10:47 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

You ever consume them?

--------------------

OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

#3295392 - 10/29/04 10:57 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I've got about 10 of them, Ill do some more research and take some more opinions before I consume though

--------------------

InvisibleSuper_Blunt
Candyman
 User Gallery

#3295419 - 10/29/04 11:06 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yes i have consumed them, today i went to my patch to find all the formosas had been picked, i was quite pissed someone got there before me.

--------------------

Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

Loc: Omnipresent
    #3295426 - 10/29/04 11:10 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Looks too small for a amanita muscaria of any sort. And yes- the last thing your camera wanted to reveal was ANYTHING specific. So aside from its color (and I've picked hundreds of Amanita Musc. (yellow) and that color is not quite right, even if sundried- show us a distinctive close up of the base of the stem. Happy shrooming though you pine-tree lover, you. Just based on reluctancy and misunderstandoing I don't advise consumption BTW. I've gotta get down to GA sometime- I need local fine dining. Were the rest of these collected from the same place at the same time?

--------------------

Guts and danger, Airborne Ranger...

OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita ID needed please [Re: superblingtheory]
    #3295432 - 10/29/04 11:12 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

yes super

--------------------

OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita ID needed please [Re: superblingtheory]
    #3295438 - 10/29/04 11:15 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

it looks ALOT like FORMOSA actually according to this pic

http://www.erowid.org/plants/amanitas/images/archive/amanita_muscaria_formosa9.jpg

sorry, im just getting into amanita recently so bear with me, I don;t intend to consume until im beyond a doubt positive.

--------------------

Edited by I2ancid (10/29/04 11:16 PM)

OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

#3295440 - 10/29/04 11:17 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

they were there for a long time also, I know this as I noticed them on a job site then 3-4 days later they were still there so I decided to give muscaria a shot and bring them home.

--------------------

Edited by I2ancid (10/29/04 11:19 PM)

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #3295513 - 10/29/04 11:39 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

It also resembles the varieties of Amanita pantherina. As well as several other species. You'll need a microscope to make a definitive ID on that.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

InvisibleSuper_Blunt
Candyman
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita ID needed please [Re: ToxicMan]
    #3295705 - 10/30/04 12:46 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

i have seen tons of these, almost looks like a cross breed of pantherina and formosa, the baby pins are bright orange though and quite slimy.

--------------------

OfflineGumbyM
Fishnologist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BRICK CITY!
Trusted Identifier
    #3296106 - 10/30/04 03:34 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

To play things on the safe side... If you're desperate enough to try Amanita, don't eat any amanitas that have tinges of brown or green in them. Or pure white ones.

Probably the most dangerous genus to fuck around with. I wouldn't take my chances. Then again, I wouldn't be collecting muscarias for eating anyway  :crazy2:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Microscope

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification