Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinebbbaaa
Stranger
Re: New Bin Laden Video [Re: Tao]
    #3295964 - 10/30/04 12:09 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

No one has a link to the video?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: New Bin Laden Video [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3296059 - 10/30/04 01:11 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Enough with the bullshit, it is a complete lie to say that Bush doesn't want to catch OBL. Do you really believe that?

So what has Bush done to "catch" him? Hell, OBL is still walking round with his fucking beard and turban he's that confident he's safe. I thought the least he'dve done is shave the beard off and change his appearance.

Tommy Franks has clearly stated

Hate to say this but don't you think it's kinda likely Tommy Franks WOULD say that?

and that the war in Iraq DID NOT divert troops and recources from finding him.

I see. So that 100 billion Bush pissed away in Iraq was just loose change? Do you think we'dve been more likely to catch Bin Laden at Tora Bora with 130,000 troops in the area or not?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: New Bin Laden Video [Re: bbbaaa]
    #3296079 - 10/30/04 01:20 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Here are some other salient parts of the tape:

Quote:

Bin Laden compared the Bush administration to repressive Arab regimes, "half of which are ruled by the military and the other half are ruled by the sons of kings and presidents."

He said the resemblance became clear when Bush's father was president and visited Arab countries.

"He wound up being impressed by the royal and military regimes and envied them for staying decades in their positions and embezzling the nation's money with no supervision," bin Laden said.

"He passed on tyranny and oppression to his son, and they called it the Patriot Act, under the pretext of fighting terror. Bush the father did well in placing his sons as governors and did not forget to pass on the expertise in fraud from the leaders of the (Mideast) region to Florida to use it in critical moments."

Now, here we have: Bin Laden laughs at Bush for the goat fiasco, Bin Laden says Bush is trying to take away freedoms with the Patriot Act, says Bush stole the election in Florida, criticizes Bush for his connections to capitalism (which in his previous appeal to Europe described as "big corporations" and cites Halliburton), says that Al Qaeda are freedom fighters.

Except for the last part all of that is in Fahrenheight 911, and his "don't mess with us, we won't mess with you" and freedom figher spiel is pure Noam Chomsky/Gore Vidal. This is CLEARLY aimed at winning sympathy from people like YOU to force the government into a weak and passive stance. OSB is trying to emulate the langauge and logic of those he thinks he can sway. He did the exact same thing after the Madrid attacks.
You agree with him because he wants you to.

Here is what he did not say: the reason Al Qaeda kills Americans is not because of Israel, or interventionist foreign policies, those are only issues Bin Laden tries to expolit for sympathy. Al Qaeda is based on the Islamic Fascist writings of Sayid Qubt who believed in a life or death struggle against everything but pure Islam. For Bin Laden this is not about politics, but religion. His brand of Islam teaches that all infidels and untrue Muslims must be destroyed. Bin Laden can fool a few people by wrapping himself in Michael Moore clothing, but this is only a ploy. Bin Laden will not be satisfied until all infidels are good Muslims or dead.

It's divide and conquer.
And I hate to say it, but Tao, you are being suckered. That is precisely the point of the video tape.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Edited by Divided_Sky (10/30/04 01:37 AM)

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Re: New Bin Laden Video [Re: Xlea321]
    #3296091 - 10/30/04 01:28 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:
Enough with the bullshit, it is a complete lie to say that Bush doesn't want to catch OBL. Do you really believe that?

So what has Bush done to "catch" him? Hell, OBL is still walking round with his fucking beard and turban he's that confident he's safe. I thought the least he'dve done is shave the beard off and change his appearance.

Tommy Franks has clearly stated

Hate to say this but don't you think it's kinda likely Tommy Franks WOULD say that?

and that the war in Iraq DID NOT divert troops and recources from finding him.

I see. So that 100 billion Bush pissed away in Iraq was just loose change? Do you think we'dve been more likely to catch Bin Laden at Tora Bora with 130,000 troops in the area or not?

You watch. If Kerry is elected, see how long it takes him. If Bush wins you can keep on believing catching one man in a cave in the Pakistani mountains is easy. What terrible logic, because Bin Laden hasn't been captured yet Bush must have decided not to get him. That is totally ridiculous. If things worked like that I would be a millionare just by deciding to be.
As for Tora Bora, we definately would have lost alot more troops had we followed the Kerry plan (who ironically supported Bush's strategy at the time). Pouring endless amounts of troops into unfamiliar mountain terrian accomplishes nothing except makes them siting ducks. You would be the first to complain of Bush leading them into a turkey shoot.

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #3296160 - 10/30/04 02:09 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Anyone who lets the words of Bin Laden sway them in any direction is a moron.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
Re: New Bin Laden Video [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #3296209 - 10/30/04 02:44 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Hehe, good quote. It can be used in so many contexts.  :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineAaronEvil
The GuitarVillain
Male

Loc: California
    #3296348 - 10/30/04 04:46 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Divided_Sky said:
He knows his target audience, Micheal Moore fans. That should make you nervous that he makes such direct appeals to the American left, just like he did last spring to the European left.

I think it is funny that Bin Laden has a political view at all on the US, let alone he influences people. What a crock of shit that is.

--------------------

There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #3296468 - 10/30/04 05:51 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

TaoTeChing writes:

he laid everything out in clear black & white: don't attack us and we won't attack you. plain and simple.

Uh huh. That worked out real well for Spain, didn't it? And Bali, Morocco, Turkey, Kenya...

If only those who attack get attacked, why did America get attacked on 9-11? Which Muslim nation had America attacked? The most recent American intervention in a Muslim country at that time was the saving of Albanian Muslims in Kosovo, wasn't it?

pinky

--------------------

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: New Bin Laden Video [Re: Phred]
    #3296484 - 10/30/04 06:01 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

OBL claims he decided to attack 'Amercian towers' after the Israeli invasion of Lebanon in 1988 ....

He's got a lot of catching up to do IMO...

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
Re: New Bin Laden Video [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #3296607 - 10/30/04 07:38 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

[edit: sorry, this is in reply to divided_sky]

you dont have a clue what youre talking about. have you even read the transcript???

Quote:

divided_sky said:
Here is what he did not say: the reason Al Qaeda kills Americans is not because of Israel, or interventionist foreign policies

Quote:

OBL said:
"God knows it did not cross our minds to attack the towers but after the situation became unbearable and we witnessed the injustice and tyranny of the American-Israeli alliance against our people in Palestine and Lebanon, I thought about it. And the events that affected me directly were that of 1982 and the events that followed -- when America allowed the Israelis to invade Lebanon, helped by the U.S. Sixth Fleet..."Your security is not in the hands of (Democratic presidential candidate John) Kerry or Bush or al Qaeda. Your security is in your own hands and each state which does not harm our security will remain safe.

Quote:

And I hate to say it, but Tao, you are being suckered. That is precisely the point of the video tape.

I don't hate to say that you are so completely wrapped up in and blinded by your conservative bias that you couldnt see the answer if it bit you in the ass.

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

Edited by TaoTeChing (10/30/04 07:53 AM)

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Re: New Bin Laden Video [Re: bbbaaa]
    #3296609 - 10/30/04 07:38 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

go to nytimes.com instead of getting selective quotes from the media and Divided_sky

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

OfflineTao
Village Genius

#3296616 - 10/30/04 07:41 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
Anyone who lets the words of Bin Laden sway them in any direction is a moron.

my god what an ignorant ass thing to say. never listen to your enemy when trying to come to peace with them?? thats exactly what the insurgents would say about bush and the americans. such a sentiment is only fueled by hatred of the enemy.

--------------------

OfflineTao
Village Genius

#3296622 - 10/30/04 07:44 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Al Qaeda is based on the Islamic Fascist writings of Sayid Qubt who believed in a life or death struggle against everything but pure Islam. For Bin Laden this is not about politics, but religion. His brand of Islam teaches that all infidels and untrue Muslims must be destroyed.

this is what im talking about. the answer is staring at you STRAIGHT IN THE FACE and you still can't see it. straight from the horses mouth he mentioned nothing of religion yet that is what you somehow 'see'. OBL has said before that the reason he turned against the U.S. in the 80s was when the U.S. refused to move out of their military out of their land in Saudi Arabia.

OfflineTao
Village Genius

#3296631 - 10/30/04 07:50 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Pinksharkmark said:
If only those who attack get attacked, why did America get attacked on 9-11? Which Muslim nation had America attacked?

well read the text of what we're talking about and he lists some, but all american troops occupying terrotory in other countries is an attack. how many troops does saudi arabia have stationed here?

Why do they hate us?

Edited by TaoTeChing (10/30/04 07:56 AM)

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3297175 - 10/30/04 11:31 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Oh, OK then.

OBL and you just pursueded me to vote for Bush.

Happy?

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineTao
Village Genius

#3297472 - 10/30/04 01:05 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

though i usually find your one-liners more entertaining than LDS's, they have a similar amount of comment, perhaps less lately.

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3297512 - 10/30/04 01:18 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

You obviously are unfamiliar with Osama Bin Laden and muslim terrorists.

Ignore what they say. Watch only what they do.

--------------------

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

#3297534 - 10/30/04 01:24 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Tao, seriously consider NOT accepting everything Bin Laden says at face value. He made a very similar tape last spring to the Europeans. Yet his track record is clear he does not care about Israel or US foreign policy, he cares about destroying the civilization and influence of infidels.
Al Qaeda has threatened to attack many nuetral countries including New Zealand.

And seriously Spain did everything Al Qaeda asked, they pulled troops from Iraq and rejected the US, and guess what? They are still targeted for attacks. That should demonstrate to you that Al Qaeda's goal is NOT just to be left alone. They want to destroy the infidels. That is what they believe.

In the past Bin Laden has said the only way to avoid another attack is for America to convert to Islam. That is what he wants. What you saw on that tape is just a way for him to try to weaken and divide American's by offering them a false truce in return for passivism. He doesn't want a truce, he wants victory.

--------------------

OfflineTao
Village Genius

#3297791 - 10/30/04 02:46 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

did they bomb spain or did they bomb france/germany/russia/china?

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: New Bin Laden Video [Re: Learyfan]
    #3297968 - 10/30/04 03:46 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Not only that, but Bush attacked someone else instead of trying to find Bin Laden.

the bush administration is not trying to find osama bin laden?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate