Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
FAQ 43. What are flashbacks?
    #3291938 - 10/28/04 11:10 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinevc77
incarnate
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW US
Re: FAQ 51.What are flashbacks? [Re: Rose]
    #3291965 - 10/28/04 11:20 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Flashbacks are a point of feeling like your tripping when your not. Most common with acid, but happens with mushrooms.

It has happened twice to me, both when I was very high.

One of them I was standing in the mall waiting for my gf to get out of the restroom when the floor started to "expand" suddenly. I immediately got the "fucked up" feeling like I was on shrooms (Where it feels like your looking out of a fisheye camera lense). I walked around the corner to get a grip on myself and it didnt go away. The tiles were growing and my mind was fucked (took my weed high to a new level). I sat down and closed my eyes and it was gone immediately.

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#3291975 - 10/28/04 11:22 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Flashbacks are recurrences of traumatizing events, whether it's an earth shattering hallucinogenic trip, a rape, watching your parents get murdered, or being a soldier in a bloody war.

Offlinejent
enchanted wizardof rhythm
Re: FAQ 51.What are flashbacks? [Re: DNKYD]
    #3292022 - 10/28/04 11:35 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

when you trip it is an intense flood of emotion, thought, feeling. A flash back is just all those feelings coming back. When you rember something, some event tripping it is offten intense because the momment was intense

--------------------
the jent

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: FAQ 51.What are flashbacks? [Re: jent]
    #3292735 - 10/29/04 05:20 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

anyone with OCD knows what they are.

memory recall with passionate invigoration.
usually in trying not to recall any more of it, greater linkage to the memory is established (facilitating future flashbacks)

one needs to become more accepting of the occurances
reacting by either trying to escape or avoid intensifies the base

not reacting leaves one in the moment and is a good skill

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: FAQ 51.What are flashbacks? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3293565 - 10/29/04 11:59 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Anybody have some good flashback links?

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflinePsyclops
liberty hunter
 User Gallery

#3293763 - 10/29/04 01:04 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

on new years after gettin back from a rave i noticed that i was tripping very slightly, the visuals i was gettin were similar to acid. i didnt do any acid at all that night but a fair few pills. i put it down to being a flashback coz the pills i had were definately not trippy.

could mda/mdma cause slight acid style visuals?

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
Re: FAQ 51.What are flashbacks? [Re: Psyclops]
    #3293794 - 10/29/04 01:14 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Anything can be a root for a flashback, and anything can trigger it. It's an emotional thing - the good and the bad... Great loves, great losses, and so on and so forth.

Lesser psychoactives, like marijuana can sort of "key" into old trips from greater psychoactives, like acid or mushrooms, thus why it is possible to smoke and feel like you did when you were trippin' that one night.... same follows for taking some "non-trippy" Xness...

----

The following bits from alt.drugs' faq and erowid's faq on acid:
Quoted without permission from 'Licit and Illicit Drugs,' written by Edward M. Brecher and the editors of Consumer Reports. ISBN: 0-316-15340-0

A simple explanation of LSD flashbacks, and of their changed character after 1967, is available. According to this theory, almost everybody suffers flashbacks with or without LSD. Any intense emotional experience--the death of a loved one, the moment of discovery that one is in love, the moment of an automobile smashup or of a narrow escape from a smashup--may subsequently and unexpectedly return vividly to consciousness weeks or months later. Since the LSD trip is often an intense emotional experience, it is hardly surprising that it may similarly "flash back."

Can smoking marijuana induce a flashback?
Also are you more likely to suffer flashbacks from having a bad trip?

Apparently yes and yes. The following is reproduced without permission from Lester Grinspoon and James B. Bakalar, "Psychedelic Drugs Reconsidered," Basic Books, Inc. New York, 1979. pp. 159-163. I highly recommend this book, and if you find it please buy me one too.

I typed this in a while ago and didn't type in the references at the time (slap!). If you want them i'll see what i can do. Typos are mine.

... Studies of flashbacks are hard to evaluate because the term has been used so loosely and variably. On the broadest definition, it means the transitory recurrence of emotions and perceptions originally experienced while under the influence of a psychedelic drug. It can last seconds or hours; it can mimic any of the myriad aspects of a trip; and it can be blissful, interesting, annoying, or frightening. Most flashbacks are episodes of visual distortion, time distortion, physical symptoms, loss of ego boundaries, or relived intense emotion lasting a few seconds to a few minutes. Ordinarily they are only slightly disturbing, especially since the drug user usually recognizes them for what they are; they may even be regarded lightheartedly as "free trips." Occasionally they last longer, and in a small minority of cases they turn into repeated frightening images or thoughts. They usually decrease quickly in number and intensity with time, and rarely occur more than a few months after the original trip."

Flashbacks are most likely to occur under emotional stress or at a time of altered ego functioning; they are often induced by conditions like fatigue, drunkenness, marihuana intoxication, and even meditative states. Falling asleep is one of those times of consciousness change and diminished ego control; an increase in the hypnagogic imagery common at the edge of sleep often follows psychedelic drug use and can be regarded as a kind of flashback. Dreams too may take on the vividness, intensity, and perceptual peculiarities of drug trips; this spontaneous recurrence of psychedelic experience in sleep (often very pleasant) has been called the high dream (Tart 1972). Marihuana smoking is probably the most common single source of flashbacks. Many people become more sensitive to the psychedelic qualities of marihuana after using more powerful drugs, and some have flashbacks only when smoking marihuana (Weil 1970). In one study frequency of marihuana use was found to be the only factor related to drugs that was correlated with number of psychedelic flashbacks (Stanton et al. 1976).

--------------------
delta9

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: FAQ 51.What are flashbacks? [Re: delta9]
    #3293900 - 10/29/04 01:35 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Do mushrooms cause flashbacks?

And thanks for that reply!

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

#3293906 - 10/29/04 01:37 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

In the broad sense, yes, mushrooms cause flashbacks... In the trip sense, yes, at least from my experiences and the experiences of friends... And you're welcome, if that was to my long-windedness :P...

--------------------
delta9

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Re: FAQ 51.What are flashbacks? [Re: Psyclops]
    #3293994 - 10/29/04 01:57 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

could mda/mdma cause slight acid style visuals?

Totally - You said MDA though.... are you actually still finding MDA?

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

OfflinePsyclops
liberty hunter
 User Gallery

Re: FAQ 51.What are flashbacks? [Re: Civ]
    #3297062 - 10/30/04 11:04 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

well i said that coz who knows what the fuck they put in pills nowadays, could be either one of madma or mda and whatever else chucked in for good measure.

i understand mda as being more intense with less empathy as mdma???, but ive been doin pills for years and only tripped once off them (nye) so dunno if they triggered a flashback or i just got lucky?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies