Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
do you guys enjoy life?
    #3293555 - 10/29/04 11:56 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

a question for the most intellectual and spiritually active members of the board, how much do you enjoy life, usually?

lets say that you were to grade your mental state on a scale of ten, with 1 being sucidal and ten being euphoric. 5 is like, 'im ok, im fine'

personally id say im usually about 6 (feeling pretty good) with semi frequent raises to 7 (im happy) and an occasional drop to 4 (i feel bunk)

its wierd cuz id say the last few years i was almost always at the 7-8 level. I was happier then. Not sure why.

just a little question, wondering how you guys generally feel?

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: do you guys enjoy life? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3293556 - 10/29/04 11:57 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

life is pretty good, it has it's ups and it's downs, but the ups are amazing

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineWhiteRussian
The Silence islouder then youthink
Loc: In your head :P
Re: do you guys enjoy life? [Re: gdman]
    #3293576 - 10/29/04 12:04 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I jump from 2 to 8 to 2 to 8 ect....its funny :P

--------------------
aaaaaahhhhh

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3293583 - 10/29/04 12:06 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

How wierd to see this post up today. I just got a call. An old friend of mine from St. Thomas, married with two boys, 7 and 4, hung himself over the week end.

I'm in shock mostly still.

He was Mr. popularity, owned a restaurant, memeber of the yacht club, golf club, part of the winsurfing community.

He had a cocaine problem and would go into serious periods of depressive withdrawl. Not even his wife could reach him there.

What was so bad that death was his answer????????????

I don't know anyone who committed suicide until this. He left a note blamming his mom for being a crappy mom. He was 42. I'm pissed off more then anything.

I'm not understanding it very well right now.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: do you guys enjoy life? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3293637 - 10/29/04 12:23 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I'd rate a 10 for myself BTW. This place is awesome! There is so much to enjoy and appreciate.

How can anyone run into the negatives here??????????????? I mean be at rating life enjoyment at a 1 and then just not care to be here anymore.

I could spend thousands of years here just enjoying and appreciating the beauty of a sunset alone.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisibletracing
Stranger

Re: do you guys enjoy life? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3293638 - 10/29/04 12:23 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

sorry to hear jiggy..

Im not sure if I count as very intellectual or spiritual, does browsing these boards often count? :wink:. Your question though seems very broad, so many different circumstances effect different ppl. But to answer your question, probably 5 most of the time, like someone said life has its ups and downs.

I think a good question would be, do you find being happy in your life an acceptable way of dealing with reality?, would or could you do more to help yourself and the ppl around you if things where "different"?. My question is just as broad though, just throwing in more ideas here..

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: do you guys enjoy life? [Re: tracing]
    #3293690 - 10/29/04 12:42 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks tracing!

Maybe, in light of realising what happens when someone looses joy for life to such and extent that they remove themselves from it so radically, we can discuss and remind each other about how to find the joy and good in every moment and how to appreciate these fleating moments in time for all we can get from them.

It must be learned behavior.

How can someone appear to have it on the outside and so much reason to have it on the inside and yet "nothing".

How does that happen and how do we keep it from happening in ourselves and others?

Before you decide to think of yourself as a no thing, better to think of yourself as everything and a vehicle for experiencing and expressing and appreciating the wonders and awes of the all that is.

Breath it in deep and breath it out in all you do. Suck up the love with a never ending appetite. Suck up the awe and humor at ever corner you turn, and then blow it back out into the world for others to breath.

Mmmmmmm I'm feeling better already.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: do you guys enjoy life? [Re: tracing]
    #3293703 - 10/29/04 12:45 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

lets say that you were to grade your mental state on a scale of ten

i could grade it at level 1 and level 10 at the very same time :P

or in English: On a scale of 1-10 I'm probably usually in the 1-10 range.

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (10/29/04 01:15 PM)

InvisibleSuper_Blunt
Candyman
 User Gallery

Re: do you guys enjoy life? [Re: Gomp]
    #3293710 - 10/29/04 12:49 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

do you guys enjoy life, i rue life! :devil: for the money i'm a fiend fuck a red light i need green nigger.

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #3293782 - 10/29/04 01:10 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

On a scale of 1-10 I'm probably usually in the 4-6 range.

I am content in life, for the most part, and usually consider myself a "happy person". On rare occaisions I chose to experience the full range and will rise to a 10 or drop to a 1. Only briefly, though :wink:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #3293895 - 10/29/04 01:34 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I used to ejoy life. Now my whole life seems fake and manufactored. I'd say im a 2-3...

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineLizard_King
Twisted from theother side ofDeath
Male
Loc: Vansterdam
    #3293904 - 10/29/04 01:37 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Can you really rate happiness on a scale? Is it possible to quantify joy?

I'ld say for the most part I am a happy person... except when I have to climb out of a nice warm bed with my girlfriend to go to work, but I get over that before I even get to my bike.

Invisiblechilly
feel like astranger..
Loc: NC
Re: do you guys enjoy life? [Re: Lizard_King]
    #3294012 - 10/29/04 02:03 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I enjoy life as much and as often as I can. But lets face it life isn't always the most enjoyable place. Ups, downs, and all arounds are what we all face on a daily basis. So do I enjoy life....thats almost like asking if I enjoy the sky. Of course I do, even when its pouring. But if I have to grade it between depression and euphoria, I don't know, life is always surreal to me, I tend to notice more about how other people are enjoying their lives, kind of like when I'm on acid.

--------------------
"Radiate Bliss Consciousness "

Invisibletracing
Stranger

Re: do you guys enjoy life? [Re: barfightlard]
    #3294077 - 10/29/04 02:23 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

That sucks belly, Im not sure if I share the exact same mindset but lately Ive been feeling the things ppl attach themselves to even myself are very artificial (manufactured) and not in real contact with reality. But IMHO most ppl are like this, if ppl really enjoyed life "as is" I dont think many of us would care to go to the theater, listen to music, read novels ect. I suppose life is outlandish just for existing, and in the diversity it exists too, but it doesnt cater to us the way we want it to.

That doesnt mean manufactured lies are bad, they can drive people to do many great things if life itself doesnt offer it, ie: religions or whatever other fantasy driven stuff. But in that sense fantasy becomes reality, if ppl are driven on it then that itself makes it real in its own way.

Maybe I got you all wrong, you didnt say much on the subject, but I dont think its a reason to feel so bad that things are manufactured. This post comes to mind.

OfflineSource
Remainder of anUnbalancedEquation
Male

Loc: Outer Darkness
Re: do you guys enjoy life? [Re: chilly]
    #3294102 - 10/29/04 02:29 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I have experienced my share of the full spectrum. I've had my fleeting moment or two in the 8 or 9 stage. Lately (for the last couple of years) I've been hanging around 2, with the occasional lapse into the 1 of complete existential despair. I could never kill myself though...not while my children still need me.

I think I need to see a psychiatrist. Seriously. I've developed a nasty habit of constant, non-sensical worrying over the state of the world, and closer to home, that my 5 year old son is going to get sick. I've pretty much diagnosed myself as having obsessive/compulsive thoughts. This is litteraly making my life a living hell.

Also, for some reason, I have taken on the responsibility for all the suffering in the world. I guess, in a way, being a white male consumer living in the U.S. makes so much of the suffering my fault.

In order to enjoy life, I have to be able to accept it. But how can I accept it the way that it is? And if I do accept it as it is, where is my motivation to make it better? Argh! I'm stuck.

So to answer your question, no, I am not enjoying life. My only hope is to hang on and hope to get through this.

Sorry to rant!

--------------------
What you're searching for is what's searching.

InvisibleMellowMood
Dreamin Man
Loc: in the vast
Re: do you guys enjoy life? [Re: Source]
    #3294107 - 10/29/04 02:31 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
"Im a dreamin man
yes thats my problem
I cant tell when im
not being real"

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
    #3294200 - 10/29/04 02:54 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I can't possibly rate my happiness on a scale of one to ten. If I do, I'll probably end up exactly in the middle, nor up nor down.

I'm constantly realising how little I know, how much I need to change about myself and to find some route out of the consumer existance, to stop contributing to the slow extermination of all beings that are in less control through the location and animal species they were born into (other organisms in general).

To sum it up in one sentence: I think I'll have to wait until all the test results are in to publish my report.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3294375 - 10/29/04 03:30 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I oscillate dramatically between low and high. But the thing is, that I've been feeling more in the high range lately this past year.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: do you guys enjoy life? [Re: MOTH]
    #3294750 - 10/29/04 05:44 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i enjoy many things, and i enjoy many situations. i enjoy many people...

i cannot rate this.  it just happens, if i am enjoying than i am enjoying, it doesnt matter how much.

and even as far as your "suicidal 1" ive been there, but ive never reached zero.

and ive been in the pit of angst and misery before, but that doesnt matter, the whole tume i am just being. 

nowadays i dont get miserable to much any more, only when im confused about something that i normally am for sure about.  and even then its only a passing phase, just like everything else.

no big deal.  i enjoyed this post :laugh:

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
Re: do you guys enjoy life? [Re: Todcasil]
    #3294897 - 10/29/04 06:26 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I used to feel like each day was something I have to get through, now I feel like each day is a privledge that I look foward too. I might not be *happy* every day, but I get to do lots of great things and think life is great.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom