Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleshroom-girlie
addict
Loc: California
Ceiling Fans
    #323834 - 05/22/01 11:11 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I just thought of an idea for a new trip toy. My friends and I are going to try this next time. Take you ceiling fan and tape glow stick or paint with glow in the dark paint on the arms. I think that it would look awesome if you turned it on and changed the speed every once and a while.

--------------------

"Express yourself completely then become quiet."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegusb232

Loc: pm me
Re: Ceiling Fans [Re: shroom-girlie]
    #323841 - 05/22/01 11:18 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I dont want to be mean But i though of this quite a few years ago, actully i just put glow paint and stickers everywhere. but well i guess i have a cheap fan but all that paint and sticker kinda made it wobble when its on high, kinda of annoying.
but it looks really cool in the dark.

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#323863 - 05/22/01 11:40 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

i think that would be awesome! i have a big one right above my bed, i just need to get some paint...

We're all mad here...

Offlinedragoon
enthusiast

#323885 - 05/23/01 12:13 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

A while back a good friend and I took 2 lavender microdots at about 10 am in the morning right after a rain storm right when the sun started peakin' out it was so great! but anyways about half way through it we managed to find glowsticks in my dresser and a large fan that I unsrew the front off, he got out the duck tape and we tried to make a fancy fan but we were trippin to fuckin hard to figure anything out so we think its okay and cover the windows and turn off the lights I fling the fucker on and it twirls a few times and shoots the glowsticks all over the room, it was a crazy sight some mad tracers flinging around the room all over, then my sober roomate came put them of the right way for our sorry asses and it was awesome I highly recommed it, the thing creates a freaky looking vacum of lights and swirls and if you use different colors different colored tracers will shoot off the blades the whole time, I don't think we stopped looking at it while listening to some ol' bad copy GD bootleg for about 2 hours.
Have fun.

============================
Everything above is entirely FALSE.

Offlinekebunk
Re: Ceiling Fans [Re: dragoon]
    #323914 - 05/23/01 01:52 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

another ool thing to do is get a strobe light with a speed knob and point it at the fan in the dark.then slowly turn the knob and after a while of fuckin around with it you can control which way the fan goes and the speed.

Anonymous

Re: Ceiling Fans [Re: kebunk]
    #324120 - 05/23/01 11:31 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Me and a couple of friends taped a bunch of glow sticks to his ceiling fan a couple of months ago. It was really cool, especially on the slower settings, where you could almost start to distinguish the colors, but not quite. Lights off, Widespread Panic on the CD player, good times.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thoughts follow my vision and dance in the sun

InvisibleFloydian
veteran
    #324439 - 05/23/01 05:52 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I got this idea about six months ago while really bored. I unscrewed one of the blades and painted a picture of a strange creature on it with detergent. Then I turned on my black light and flicked the fan on. It made a cool swirl but you couldn't make out the image on it. I thought that it would be cool to make drawings on each blade that would come together as a whole image while the fan was spinning. Like when you get it to the right rpm's an image would apear. It would take a little working out but i think it could work.

"I hate to say this, but this place is getting to me. I think I'm getting the Fear."

--------------------
Don't squeeze the pancake batter

Invisibleshroom-girlie
addict
Loc: California
    #329051 - 05/29/01 06:19 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Well I am glad to hear that it works, so we will definately try it! Thanls guys.

--------------------

"Express yourself completely then become quiet."

InvisibleScratcher
Stranger

Loc: eH
    #329192 - 05/29/01 08:33 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

kebunk has the right idea. by adjusting the speed on the strobe light you can make it so the blades appear to completely motionless except for a visible vibration. Now here's the cool part: take a long piece of toilet paper and throw it up into the spinning blades. The paper will whip around and make a circle while at the same time the blades don't appear to be spinning. Try this, it is very cool when stoned or tripping.

---------------------
"Hey, get your hands off my china hutch."

OfflineFaaip_De_Oiad
as above, so below
Male User Gallery

Loc: Malice, Tx
Re: Ceiling Fans [Re: Scratcher]
    #329285 - 05/29/01 10:33 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Woah that last one sounds cool, another thing (I'm not sure how great it would be while tripping etc.) Is turn on a strobe light, and pour water or something into a bowl, or one of those water fountain things that circulates water would be pretty good too.

And the angel of the lord came unto me, snatching me up from my place of slumber. And took me on high, and higher still until we moved to the spaces betwixt the air itself...

InvisibleFloydian
veteran
Re: Ceiling Fans [Re: Scratcher]
    #329317 - 05/29/01 11:25 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

yeah that strobe would be the key to getting my idea to work too. Like have it so not only do the blades appear to be motionless but an image becomes visable as well.

"I hate to say this, but this place is getting to me. I think I'm getting the Fear."

--------------------
Don't squeeze the pancake batter

Offlinedragoon
enthusiast

Re: Ceiling Fans [Re: Faaip_De_Oiad]
    #329318 - 05/29/01 11:28 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

another great one:

get a grocery bag, tie it in knots in a long string then get a large bowl of water, toilet or sink, something large and washable. Turn off all of the lights and turn down any sounds that might be in the room. Light that string of grocery sack on fire and let the drippings fall into the water, you will see and hear plenty of magic.

Peace.

============================
Everything above is entirely FALSE.

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: Ceiling Fans [Re: dragoon]
    #329889 - 05/30/01 04:41 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

a safer, mini-version of that is to take a plastic straw from like jack in the box or whatever and keep lighting the end on fire so drops of fire fall. or you can drop a napalm bomb and see the same effects just larger and a bit more dangerous i suppose ... :P

We're all mad here...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale