Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

God's ego...
    #3291267 - 10/28/04 08:26 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I was considering an idea last night with a friend and some really great herb.

Perhaps "in the beginning," God did not exactly create existence. Instead of allowing for something outside of himself to acknowledge his existence (a request from the ego), maybe this one and all being divided from inside itself and formed numerous forms of existence (such as planets, trees, and people), thus numerous egos. It's as if God sacrificed a sole ego for numerous smaller ones to satisfy his desire for acknowledgement. This idea seems to incorporate another idea in which we are all apart of God, one whole being.

It might seem far fetched, but it makes sense to me. Comments?

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

Edited by viaggio (10/28/04 08:32 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: God's ego... [Re: Viaggio]
    #3291276 - 10/28/04 08:29 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

yepp, beein thinking so myself and hers another as i see it :P

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:

Is it not plausible, considering we are eternal beings, that somewhere along the way, in the journey of self discovery and self realisation and creative potential, that some one got the brilliant idea to have us become independent thinkers through separation forgetfullness programming of consciousness in a physical vehicle, so we could become more efficient and productive with the group goal?

sub note: i suddenly remeberd when i was thinking this :P actually it was in my early early days :P and i was really really loosing it.. depressions and all that (really LOL thinking of back then when i changed so much now)
i was in my mind going, "what if i create more personality es bla bla, then i though, but my god! that is maybe what has happened", inf act it was one of those triggers that got me thinking instead of analyzing :P i guess

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (10/28/04 08:36 PM)

OfflineCER
?
Loc: midwest
Re: God's ego... [Re: Gomp]
    #3291308 - 10/28/04 08:42 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth;
Gen 1:2 and the earth being without form and empty, and darkness on the face of the deep, and the Spirit of God moving gently on the face of the waters,
Gen 1:3 then God said, Let light be! And there was light.
Gen 1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good, and God separated between the light and darkness.
Gen 1:5 And God called the light, Day. And He called the darkness, Night. And there was evening, and there was morning the first day.
Gen 1:6 And God said, Let an expanse be in the midst of the waters, and let it be dividing between the waters and the waters.
Gen 1:7 And God made the expanse, and He separated between the waters which were under the expanse and the waters which were above the expanse. And it was so.
Gen 1:8 And God called the expanse, Heavens. And there was evening, and there was morning the second day.
Gen 1:9 And God said, Let the waters under the heavens be collected to one place, and let the dry land appear. And it was so.
Gen 1:10 And God called the dry land, Earth. And He called the collection of the waters, Seas. And God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:11 And God said, Let the earth sprout tender sprouts, the plant seeding seed, the fruit tree producing fruit according to its kind, whichever seed is in it on the earth. And it was so.
Gen 1:12 And the earth bore tender sprouts, the plant seeding seed according to its kind, and the fruit tree producing fruit according to its kind, whichever seed is in it. And God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:13 And there was evening, and there was morning the third day.
Gen 1:14 And God said, Let luminaries be in the expanse of the heavens, to divide between the day and the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years.
Gen 1:15 And let them be for luminaries in the expanse of the heavens, to give light on the earth. And it was so.
Gen 1:16 And God made the two great luminaries: the great luminary to rule the day, and the small luminary and the stars to rule the night.
Gen 1:17 And God set them in the expanse of the heavens, to give light on the earth,
Gen 1:18 and to rule over the day and over the night; and to divide between the light and the darkness. And God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:19 And there was evening, and there was morning the fourth day.
Gen 1:20 And God said, Let the waters swarm with swarmers having a soul of life; and let the birds fly over the earth, on the face of the expanse of the heavens.
Gen 1:21 And God created the great sea animals, and all that creeps, having a living soul, which swarmed the waters, according to its kind; and every bird with wing according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas; and let the birds multiply in the earth.
Gen 1:23 And there was evening, and there was morning the fifth day.
Gen 1:24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the soul of life according to its kind: cattle, and creepers, and its beasts of the earth, according to its kind. And it was so.
Gen 1:25 And God made the beasts of the earth according to its kind, and cattle according to its kind, and all creepers of the ground according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:26 And God said, let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the heavens, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over all the creepers creeping on the earth.
[Gen 1:26 And God said, let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the heavens, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over all the creepers creeping on the earth/color]

--------------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.

Edited by CER (10/28/04 08:43 PM)

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Re: God's ego... [Re: CER]
    #3291329 - 10/28/04 08:49 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

is that a trip report? :P j\k h?h?

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineTripster
200+ trips wise

#3291345 - 10/28/04 08:52 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Gomp said:
is that a trip report? :P j\k h?h?

LOL that's good.

--------------------
You've raped! I feel dirty
It hurt! As a child
Tied down! That's a good boy
And fucked! Your own child
I scream! No one hears me
It hurt! I'm not a liar
My God! Saw you watching
Mommy why?! Your own child -Korn

OfflineCER
?
Re: God's ego... [Re: Tripster]
    #3291357 - 10/28/04 08:55 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Whom are you asking, me?

--------------------

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

#3291358 - 10/28/04 08:55 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Despite my usual dislike of most of Christianity's Bible teachings, I can find sense in these Genesis descriptions as long as I loosen my interpretation. Perhaps the idea of a sole ego "dividing" can then include the "multiplication" of the numerous existence which resulted. I don't know...I think I'm starting to reach, but thanks for new element.

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

OfflineCER
?
    #3291361 - 10/28/04 08:56 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

ANY time.

--------------------

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
    #3291380 - 10/28/04 09:00 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

There is a much deeper mystery involved with the creation of the space & time infinitude that we exist in today. The Kabbalist take on Genesis is described a "breaking point".. thus one comes to understand existence/creation as a necessity. The breaking point was essentially the end of all metaphysical solitude, where GOD - En Sof (meaning the Limitless, or Unlimited) "collapsed" on its own unfathomable being resulting in the explosion of space-time - which eventually evolved to the point we are now with all points of being having leaked from its divine source. The universe is like a row boat in the ocean that has a hole in it, filling up with water. Returning the water that leaked into the boat into the ocean again is our necessity.

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Re: God's ego... [Re: zahudulallah]
    #3291387 - 10/28/04 09:00 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"On the other hand, you have different fingers. "
-unknown

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineTripster
200+ trips wise

Re: God's ego... [Re: Tripster]
    #3291389 - 10/28/04 09:01 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Has anyone here read the comic book series titled "Preacher"? It has a great ending in which we find god to be a lonely individual who created life to have people that would love him. When you think about it it is a very egomaniacal concept to create a race of people and to demand they love you and worship you and none other than you. And then when things got a little out of hand god abandoned the world to itself and stopped intervening. Atleast that's the reasoning in the comic behind why god's all over the place in the bible and then seemingly disappears conveniently around when the bible time period ends. Like he's W. Bush and he's in office. Anyways, it's very interesting and a good comic to boot.

--------------------
It hurt! As a child
It hurt! I'm not a liar
My God! Saw you watching

OfflineWhiteRussian
The Silence islouder then youthink
Loc: In your head :P
    #3291390 - 10/28/04 09:01 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

lol

--------------------
aaaaaahhhhh

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

#3291407 - 10/28/04 09:06 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Who does God mean with the plural terms of lets, we, and our? Does it mean "we, the things that now exist" will materialise man? Could it indicate that humans might be peripheral parts of God that always existed but hadn't materialised from God yet?

--------------------

OfflineCER
?
Re: God's ego... [Re: WhiteRussian]
    #3291424 - 10/28/04 09:09 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Tripster
God abandoned the world and stopped intervening????
People probably find it easier to accept a comic books take on our creator. I'm sure anyone who has not studied the bible would question God when he says..."I will never leave you, nor forsake you."
And that would probably be a comic book wright er.
And people who want to bring God down to their level, rather than meet him on his would accept a comic book theory.

--------------------

OfflineCER
?
    #3291428 - 10/28/04 09:10 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

viaggo...very good question.
The answer is in 1John that says Jesus was with God when he created the world.

--------------------

OfflineTripster
200+ trips wise

#3291435 - 10/28/04 09:12 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

viaggio said:
Who does God mean with the plural terms of lets, we, and our? Does it mean "we, the things that now exist" will materialise man? Could it indicate that humans might be peripheral parts of God that always existed but hadn't materialised from God yet?

The theory of god and such has always been in a we format. That means no more than when Koresh said to some Wacoians that "we" should stay our ground in our compound.

--------------------
It hurt! As a child
It hurt! I'm not a liar
My God! Saw you watching

OfflineCER
?
    #3291444 - 10/28/04 09:13 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 He was in the beginning with God.

Joh 1:14 And the Word became flesh and tabernacled among us. And we beheld His glory, glory as of an only begotten from the Father, full of grace and of truth.

--------------------

OfflineCER
?
    #3291449 - 10/28/04 09:14 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

WE means the Father, the Son, and The Holy Spirit.
Like an egg. A shell, a white and a yolk.

--------------------

OfflineTripster
200+ trips wise

#3291457 - 10/28/04 09:16 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

CER said:
Tripster
God abandoned the world and stopped intervening????
People probably find it easier to accept a comic books take on our creator. I'm sure anyone who has not studied the bible would question God when he says..."I will never leave you, nor forsake you."
And that would probably be a comic book wright er.
And people who want to bring God down to their level, rather than meet him on his would accept a comic book theory.

Sorry the median does not meet your standards but it's just that, a median with which to convey a story. Like the bible but with pictures. Although I guess they make those bibles too, essentially the bible in comic form. But never in my post did I say this comic book was my bible. It's an interesting view on things that makes one think, and that my friend is a valueable thing. Sorry thinking these thoughts made you angry because they went against your thoughts that you've been thinking for so long. But really, that's probably a good thing wether you like it or not. Throwing petty insults as your first retort doesn't do much for painting your side as an intelligent one. Do try to realize that people can think a thought without worshipping it and attacking others that don't. That's all I was doing.

--------------------
It hurt! As a child
It hurt! I'm not a liar
My God! Saw you watching

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

#3291463 - 10/28/04 09:17 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Interesting...now these ideas seem to connect like legos.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom