Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTripster
200+ trips wise

Our world as a whole
    #3290430 - 10/28/04 04:56 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Our bodies are made up of billions upon billions of tiny molecules working together. Our brains are made of billions of neurons that each individually make thousands of connections in our brains, totaling in the trillions of connections. Our molecules are made or even smaller parts that work together to function as a whole. Our societies also are made up of millions of individuals functioning together as a whole. Each individual will make thousands of connections in a life time, although holding far less active at a time. In this sense we function as a giant super organism, much like our brain and body does. As this super organism we are able to accomplish far more than ever if we were to operate as 100% seperate individuals. Does anyone else ever ponder this correlation? There are other connections as well but I'm drawing a blank so I'll let you guys throw in some thoughts on the subject.

--------------------
You've raped! I feel dirty
It hurt! As a child
Tied down! That's a good boy
And fucked! Your own child
I scream! No one hears me
It hurt! I'm not a liar
My God! Saw you watching
Mommy why?! Your own child -Korn

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMystical_Craven
mentally illpsychonaught

Loc: Earth
Re: Our world as a whole [Re: Tripster]
    #3290449 - 10/28/04 04:59 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I agree...I personally think humanity's main goal at the present is to get on the same fucken page so that something like this is possible

the trick though, is finding a balance that each of those billions of seperate entities can actually agree on  :tongue:

--------------------

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go..." T.S. Eliot

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3290468 - 10/28/04 05:02 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I just wrote about this in the ego/god mind post by viaggio last night.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineGomp
隆(Bound to路(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re路side [primarily] in...
Re: Our world as a whole [Re: Mystical_Craven]
    #3290479 - 10/28/04 05:04 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

what i find in all living things is water?
fire thoug is not alive? :P

water, so mutch water connections :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

thanks jiggy [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3290482 - 10/28/04 05:05 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

it is a big relief to know that we don't need to go into all the numbers of it again -
yes
vast universe
f*ck! wow!

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:馃  _ :finger:

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
    #3290493 - 10/28/04 05:07 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Our bodies are made up of billions upon billions of tiny molecules working together. Our brains are made of billions of neurons that each individually make thousands of connections in our brains, totaling in the trillions of connections. Our molecules are made or even smaller parts that work together to function as a whole. Our societies also are made up of millions of individuals functioning together as a whole. Each individual will make thousands of connections in a life time, although holding far less active at a time. In this sense we function as a giant super organism, much like our brain and body does. As this super organism we are able to accomplish far more than ever if we were to operate as 100% seperate individuals. Does anyone else ever ponder this correlation? There are other connections as well but I'm drawing a blank so I'll let you guys throw in some thoughts on the subject.

I trip over how ATOMS remind me of Small solar systems...

What if our body was made of up small solar systems and galaxies?

And the Galaxy we are in now is just part of some orginisms body?

Atoms seem to work like small solar systems, galaxies forming are just chemical reactions - what if?

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

OfflineGomp
隆(Bound to路(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Re: Our world as a whole [Re: Civ]
    #3290530 - 10/28/04 05:15 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

chakras, the planets of my glaxy? :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: Our world as a whole [Re: Gomp]
    #3290602 - 10/28/04 05:25 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I think it kinda goes along the same lines of something I read in a kickass sci-fi book, Kaleidoscope Century. Massively parallel computers or something like that, where millions and millions of small processors are given a tiny part of the problem to solve, and together they solve huge equations that would otherwise be impossible. In a way, every human is just a biological processor with it's own operating system (electrical impulses in our brains). Maybe if we could just expand on that idea of massively parallel processors, our 6+ billion human population could come together and solve some of our greatest mysteries or problems.

OfflineGomp
隆(Bound to路(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Re: Our world as a whole [Re: DNKYD]
    #3290703 - 10/28/04 05:42 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

""In a way, every human is just a biological processor with it's own operating system""

nicly put :P

""Maybe if we could just expand on that idea of massively parallel processors, our 6+ billion human population could come together and solve some of our greatest mysteries or problems. ""

is that not what we are doing? :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
    #3290706 - 10/28/04 05:44 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Our 6+ billion human population could come together and solve some of our greatest mysteries or problems

I am 100% with ya on that one. I do have faith in humanity - I just have no faith in society.

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: thanks jiggy [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3290725 - 10/28/04 05:48 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I hope people do get specifically get into this question and . I would love reading others thoughts on it. My quick reply was just my way of saying, Yes, I thought about it and even wrote about it yesterday so he knows others can relate. It helps to make us feel less crazy. Thats all.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: thanks jiggy [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3290822 - 10/28/04 06:16 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

interesting shit eh?

it all comes down to the old axiom 'as above so below'

atoms are indeed like tiny solar systems. Atoms make up molecules, molecules make up cells, cells make up tissues, tissues make up organs, organs make up bodys, bodys make species, species make ecosystems, ecosystems make up planets, planets make up solar systems, solar systems make up galaxies, galaxies make up the universe, universes make up GOd?

and the thing is size is always relative, in any real sense we are no bigger than the atom and no smaller than god.

:eek:

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: thanks jiggy [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3290853 - 10/28/04 06:23 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I was relating to the part about the efficiency of productivity regarding producing creative fruits for the realisation of self potential.

The one can only put out so much. Make copies of the one and really, you just have more people putting out more of the same. Make the copies believe they are not the same and separate from eachother and then they start thinking independently and then creative production goes through the roof.

I was relating to that part.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineTripster
200+ trips wise

Re: Our world as a whole [Re: Gomp]
    #3290972 - 10/28/04 06:59 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Gomp said:
what i find in all living things is water?
fire thoug is not alive? :P

water, so mutch water connections :P

Water is essential to life. We would not be here without it. That's why it's in everything. The H and O are essential building blocks.

--------------------
It hurt! As a child
It hurt! I'm not a liar
My God! Saw you watching

OfflineTripster
200+ trips wise

Re: Our world as a whole [Re: Civ]
    #3290976 - 10/28/04 07:01 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Civ said:
Quote:

I trip over how ATOMS remind me of Small solar systems...

What if our body was made of up small solar systems and galaxies?

And the Galaxy we are in now is just part of some orginisms body?

Atoms seem to work like small solar systems, galaxies forming are just chemical reactions - what if?

Yes. Circles are also something that repeats itself throughout the universe no matter where we work. Nearly everything relates to circles and their mathmatical equations.

--------------------
It hurt! As a child
It hurt! I'm not a liar
My God! Saw you watching

OfflineTripster
200+ trips wise

#3290985 - 10/28/04 07:03 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

DNKYD said:
I think it kinda goes along the same lines of something I read in a kickass sci-fi book, Kaleidoscope Century. Massively parallel computers or something like that, where millions and millions of small processors are given a tiny part of the problem to solve, and together they solve huge equations that would otherwise be impossible. In a way, every human is just a biological processor with it's own operating system (electrical impulses in our brains). Maybe if we could just expand on that idea of massively parallel processors, our 6+ billion human population could come together and solve some of our greatest mysteries or problems.

It's eery how similar our computers are getting to the human brain. They have actually created procesors strong enough to measure in relation to the brains neurons. As in "this processor is the equivelant of 10 neurons" and such.

--------------------
It hurt! As a child
It hurt! I'm not a liar
My God! Saw you watching

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#3291000 - 10/28/04 07:07 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Tripster said:
Quote:

DNKYD said:

It's eery how similar our computers are getting to the human brain. They have actually created procesors strong enough to measure in relation to the brains neurons. As in "this processor is the equivelant of 10 neurons" and such.

Yeah, it is getting kinda scary. I saw an article about some 12 cylinder Aston Martin or some other car, that had a computer system in it that had the capacity to "learn" from its environment. Spooky, eh?

OfflineTripster
200+ trips wise

Re: thanks jiggy [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3291026 - 10/28/04 07:14 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
I was relating to the part about the efficiency of productivity regarding producing creative fruits for the realisation of self potential.

The one can only put out so much. Make copies of the one and really, you just have more people putting out more of the same. Make the copies believe they are not the same and separate from eachother and then they start thinking independently and then creative production goes through the roof.

I was relating to that part.

I saw a show on Discovery Science talking about a project going at MIT right now. In an attempt to develop a form of AI they have started a program involving robots. Instead of the usual approach of programming every possible scenario in to every robot so they will function as a whole, they took each individual robot and gave it it's own "intelligence" to act on it's own. They then set certain perameters to follow so they could function in a societal manner. Such as if one robot asks the other to follow, they listen. They also are set to constantly send out signals to say where they are so everyone knows where everyone's at, and if one gets seperated from the others he will call out for them to help him out getting back to the pack. So to say it short, they took these robots and just let them loose. They ran (rolled) around from here to there and appeared to be intereacting with each other. They would also establish leaders and from time to time, switch these leaders as the need arose. It was really interesting to watch how the interacted with each other with such basic guidelines. They seemed to really be alive and to really be functioning as a whole of individuals. MIT does some awesome work.

--------------------
It hurt! As a child
It hurt! I'm not a liar
My God! Saw you watching

OfflineTripster
200+ trips wise

Re: thanks jiggy [Re: Tripster]
    #3291034 - 10/28/04 07:19 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Has anyone ever heard anything about the distance that is between two atoms in a solid piece of matter. Obviously to us there is no space, but on an atomic level I'm thinking there must be some space. I wonder this because of the correlation brought up in regards to solar sytems and atoms. I've always thought there was a connection there but in space there is so much empty space in between "atoms". I wonder if relatvely speaking there is as much space in between atoms in our bodies as well. When you get to a nano level there just may be, when thinking relatively.

--------------------
It hurt! As a child
It hurt! I'm not a liar
My God! Saw you watching

OfflineGomp
隆(Bound to路(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Re: thanks jiggy [Re: Tripster]
    #3291210 - 10/28/04 08:11 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

pulled out of my ass, id say atoms are pretty much 99% emptiness over matter, but then again i say that based on me thinking of vibration and super super position, not really measurable in % is it? maybe 1~/10~ of a atom is "nothing" is more appropriate to say? lol hehe  :confused:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom