Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGenius
Shroomologist
Copper?
    #3273959 - 10/25/04 01:12 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Is it really bad to smoke from copper? This is a Myth correct?

--------------------
Rate me and god will love you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: How the fuck should i kno... Flag
Re: Copper? [Re: Genius]
    #3274007 - 10/25/04 01:34 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Mor or less, i have a few pipes that are brass, which has copper in it. But i doubt a copper piece will do anything. Dont smoke from alumminum tho, very bad if you do it alot. Brass, glass, or steel.

--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

Offlinetripview
Stranger
Re: Copper? [Re: ThirdEyeOpening]
    #3274201 - 10/25/04 03:05 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i use tin foil for screen? :/

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Copper? [Re: tripview]
    #3274204 - 10/25/04 03:08 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

The smoke from Alluminum is highly toxic.

--------------------
Agent 727

OfflineGenius
Shroomologist
Re: Copper? [Re: MAGnum]
    #3280677 - 10/26/04 05:39 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

All I keep getting is the same shit answers. None of you guys can give me a good answer. Is copper toxic when smoked through? If so WHY? Why is it ok to use copper to distill alcohol but not to smoke from?

I HIGHLY doubt smoking from a copper pipe is going to harm me. But I can't be sure because no one can actually give me an answer.

--------------------

OfflineFlusH
Random person on Internet

Loc: Bizzaro World
    #3280688 - 10/26/04 05:42 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

If you want to get a intelligent answer, ask an intelligent question. Do your homework. Come back and ask the question again once you have googled.

Edited by FlusH (10/26/04 05:43 PM)

Offlinerelativexistance
"beads, bees!?!?beads ....BEADS!!!"
 User Gallery

Re: Copper? [Re: FlusH]
    #3280975 - 10/26/04 06:56 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I have heard that smoking from a copper pipe will give you lockjaw, however it wasn't from a source I would trust as reliable for scientific facts. Just go buy a glass pipe or something man.

OfflineGenius
Shroomologist
    #3282614 - 10/27/04 12:47 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I did google it, so don't accuse me of just asking a question without any research. Why don't you go and try finding some info on the subject in google. Not the bullshit stuff either from other message boards were people are talking a bunch of crap and have nothing to back up there claims. Get me some proof that copper does or does not harm you when smoking from it. And what the fuck does "If you want to get a intelligent answer, ask an intelligent question." Is my question unintelligent?

Personally, I think maybe you just are.

--------------------

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

#3282680 - 10/27/04 01:10 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

yo chiiiill winston,
you will get an answer as soon as some one can post you a link you like,

my opinion is that all metals are reactive to heat therefore if you smoke out of metal you are heating substances that are giving off toxins, thats why people stick to glass for a non reactive substance, but for me its for purity of taste mainly. no proof sorry check marc emerys forum, its got a lot of pot q and a's. good luck.

fighting with people wont get you a response any faster.

you catch more flies with honey, than with vinegar.

OfflineFlusH

#3284042 - 10/27/04 11:45 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

my opinion is that all metals are reactive to heat therefore if you smoke out of metal you are heating substances that are giving off toxins, thats why people stick to glass for a non reactive substance, but for me its for purity of taste mainly. no proof sorry check marc emerys forum, its got a lot of pot q and a's. good luck.

What he said^^

Quote:

I did google it, so don't accuse me of just asking a question without any research. Why don't you go and try finding some info on the subject in google. Not the bullshit stuff either from other message boards were people are talking a bunch of crap and have nothing to back up there claims. Get me some proof that copper does or does not harm you when smoking from it. And what the fuck does "If you want to get a intelligent answer, ask an intelligent question." Is my question unintelligent?

The way you asked the question, and the way you responded to every body's answer , you came across very unintelligent. You may have gotten the answer you were looking for if you said you have done some research. Gave some info you found so people helping you would not post what you already know. And stop being a whiny bitch if you don't get what you want.

Quote:

fighting with people wont get you a response any faster.

you catch more flies with honey, than with vinegar.

Put way better than I could have ^^^

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
    #3284098 - 10/27/04 11:59 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Is it really bad to smoke from copper? This is a Myth correct?

Copper (CAS# 7440-50-8)
Sources of exposure: Copper occurs naturally in elemental form and as a component of many different compounds. The most toxic form of copper is thought to be that in the divalent state, cupric (Cu2+). Because of its high electrical conductivity, copper is used extensively in the manufacturing of electrical equipment and different metallic alloys. Copper is released into the environment primarily through mining, sewage treatment plants, solid waste disposal, welding and electroplating processes, electrical wiring materials, plumbing supplies (pipes, faucets, braces, and various forms of tubing), and agricultural processes (ATSDR 1990a). It is present in the air and water due to natural discharges like volcanic eruptions and windblown dust. Drinking water sources become contaminated with copper primarily because of its use in many different types of plumbing supplies. It is a common component of fungicides and algaecides, and agricultural use of copper for these purposes can result in its presence in soil, ground water, farm animals (grazing animals like cows, horses, etc.) and many forms of produce (ATSDR 1990a). Copper is also present in ceramics, jewelry, monies (coins) and pyrotechnics (ACGIH 1986). Though copper is an essential trace element required by the body for normal physiological processes, increased exposure to copper containing substances can result in copper toxicity and a wide variety of complications.

Target tissues: Absorption of copper occurs through the lungs, gastrointestinal tract and skin (U.S. EPA, 1987). The degree to which copper is absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract largely depends upon its chemical state and the presence of other compounds, like zinc (U.S.A.F., 1990). Once absorbed, copper is distributed primarily to the liver, kidneys, spleen, heart, lungs, stomach, intestines, nails, and hair. Individuals with copper toxicity show an abnormally high level of copper in the liver, kidneys, brain, eyes and bones (ATSDR 1990a).

Signs and symptoms: Acute toxicity of ingested copper is characterized by abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting, tachycardia and a metallic taste in the mouth. Continued ingestion of copper compounds can cause cirrhosis and other debilitating liver conditions (Mueller-Hoecker et al., 1989). Inhaled copper dust or fumes can produce eye and respiratory tract irritation, headaches, vertigo, drowsiness, chills, fever, aching muscles and discoloration of the skin and hair in humans (U.S.A.F., 1990). Vineyard workers exposed to copper fumes for a long period of time developed pulmonary fibrosis and granulomas of the lungs, liver impairment and liver disease (cirrhosis, fibrosis, and various morphological changes). Similar results were obtained in animals chronically exposed to copper containing dust and fumes (Johansson et al., 1984; Stockinger 1981). Further animal studies on copper toxicity have shown varying degrees of liver and kidney damage (necrosis of the kidney; sclerosis, necrosis, and cirrhosis of the liver), decreased total weight, brain weight and red blood cell count, increased platelet counts and the presence of gastric ulcers (Kline et al., 1977; Rana and Kumar, 1978). Copper also appears to affect reproduction and development in humans and animals. Offspring of hamsters that received copper sulfate injections while pregnant exhibited increased incidences of hernias, encephalopathy, abnormal spinal curvature and spina bifida (Ferm and Hanlon, 1974). Sperm motility also appears to be compromised by the presence of copper in human spermatozoa (Battersby and Morton, 1982).

Chronic exposure to copper can produce numerous physiological and behavioral disturbances. Copper toxicity has been characterized in patients with Wilson's Disease, a genetic disorder that causes an abnormal accumulation of copper in body tissue. Wilson's disease is fatal unless treated in time. Manifestations of Wilson's Disease include brain damage and progressive demylination, psychiatric disturbances-- depression, suicidal tendencies and aggressive behavior-- hemolytic anemia, cirrhosis of the liver, motor dysfunction and corneal opacities (ATSDR 1990a; Goyer, 1991a; U.S. EPA, 1987). Some patients may also experience poor coordination, tremors, disturbed gait, muscle rigidity, and myocardial infarction (ATSDR 1990a).

Medical tests for copper screening: Blood, urine, and hair.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Took me 10 seconds to find on Yahoo.

Here is a link to the site. The Link

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

OfflineFlusH

Re: Copper? [Re: Civ]
    #3284151 - 10/27/04 12:13 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Nice find!

--------------------

OfflineGenius
Shroomologist
    #3289425 - 10/28/04 01:15 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Well I don't see were I'm "Fighting" but then again I'm used to being the person saying "Google it you lazy bastard"

There is NO info on the net about smoking from different metals... It's kinda scary :shocked:

Just for future reference if I ask a question its because I could not get a definitive answer from any other places, I would rather deal with a search engine than people on a message board :lol:

Peace, Genius

--------------------

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #3289868 - 10/28/04 03:03 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Just buy a small glass pipe. They're really cheap.

OfflineGenius
Shroomologist
Re: Copper? [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #3289892 - 10/28/04 03:08 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I have 2 glass pipes and a glass steam roller :undecided:
I'm trying to figure out if smoking from copper is highly toxic or not.

And if it is, I want to know why. Why is a pure element that is supposed to me completely harmless in the human body (from my understanding) harm you when smoked from?

--------------------

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

#3289972 - 10/28/04 03:27 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Well I don't see were I'm "Fighting" but then again I'm used to being the person saying "Google it you lazy bastard"

There is NO info on the net about smoking from different metals... It's kinda scary

Just for future reference if I ask a question its because I could not get a definitive answer from any other places, I would rather deal with a search engine than people on a message board

Go to that link in my post up there, it talks about what temps and how much copper can be released. And how much to make you sick.

Yes copper is toxic - yes heating releases copper.

--------------------

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

#3289984 - 10/28/04 03:29 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Why is a pure element that is supposed to me completely harmless in the human body

Tis like all other minerals for our body, mercury, lithium, zinc, aluminum, silver. IRON, in excess wil make you sick.

--------------------

OfflineGenius
Shroomologist
Re: Copper? [Re: Civ]
    #3290124 - 10/28/04 03:52 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Thank you sir! That is allot of great info! But...

Quote:

Civ said:
Go to that link in my post up there, it talks about what temps and how much copper can be released. And how much to make you sick.

Yes copper is toxic - yes heating releases copper.

I don't see anything about that. Also, what were your search terms?

--------------------

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

#3290347 - 10/28/04 04:39 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

why do you want to smoke out of copper are you going to make a huge hooka out of plumbing materials??

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

#3290441 - 10/28/04 04:58 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I don't see anything about that. Also, what were your search terms?

Results 1 - 10 of about 206,000 for "copper toxic levels" <-- Thats what I did, on Yahoo.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Cultivation Supplies