Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: do 'evil' people know they're evil [Re: Muppet]
    #3296743 - 10/30/04 08:51 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

sometimes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: do 'evil' people know they're evil [Re: DoctorJ]
    #3297035 - 10/30/04 10:46 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

CER said:
My Fireworks god you have a lot of time on your hands.

Actually, I don't, last night happened to be my last night off and I didn't have anything else to demand of my time. I look forward to your response to my points.

Quote:

kaiowas said:
fireworks...a little more respect needed :wink:

Regarding what?

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineCER
?
Loc: midwest
Re: do 'evil' people know they're evil [Re: fireworks_god]
    #3298976 - 10/30/04 08:59 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Fireworks god said:
Yes, mental problems cannot be analyzed without adding God and Satan to the equation, despite the fact that God and Satan have nothing to do with the workings of one's mind.
Although I think that statement contradicts itself?

Your problem with accepting my opinion is that it is not my opinion. It was a verse from the Bible that implies that YES Satan can have control over our minds??who?s minds have been taken captive to do his will.?

If I believe in a God who created the universe and beyond, myself and everything in it, wouldn?t it be ridiculous for me to believe he has ?nothing to do with the workings of one?s mind??
If I believe the Bible to be the Word of God, could I not believe it if it tells me Satan can control the mind of a non believer?

Fireworks god said:
(there is no way to observe or verify that they do, even indirectly).

NO DUH. I guess that is why the Bible calls you to have ?child like faith? (Mark 10:5 Mat 18:2.
Somewhere in the Bible is a reference to scientist digging and digging but never figuring out what they want to know.
God has already implied that ?wordly knowledge does not draw a person to the truth, it leads them away from it.
As I have quoted before?

1Co 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
1Co 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

God calls the wisdom of this world FOOLISHNESS.

The message of the Bible is obviously to simple for a mind as complex as yours Fire god, but I?m sure God will be very interested in your take on what and who he is.
Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Definition of Iniquity?Deviation from Gods Word.

I need to reiterate that the message of the Bible is simple. And that alone hinders intellectuals such as you from accepting it.
You need your ears tickled with scientific facts.

--------------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: lost in nothing Flag
Re: do 'evil' people know they're evil [Re: CER]
    #3298995 - 10/30/04 09:06 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

in my experience, they blame other people for their actions.. ill probably post my story behind this later on tonite or tomorrow

OfflineCER
?
Re: do 'evil' people know they're evil [Re: kaiowas]
    #3299072 - 10/30/04 09:31 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Kaiowas

(quoting fireworks guy)
He gives no reason to support his view, no evidence on how God and Satan actually influence and cause mental problems, and does not demonstrate how exactly these "natural worldview" psychologists are wrong in their analyzations.

The book goes on to explain further of coarse. I guess FG thought it was a one paragraph book.

I think the main point the author is making here is that the scientific community disregards God and Satan in their psychoanalysis's (SP?). Yet the author acknowledges that there are other points to consider such as your upbringing, trauma, car accident, rape, the list goes on.

For example:
Lets say I was molested as a child, this was obviously an act of wickedness. The rapist mind was taken captive by Satan to do his will (Yes I believe God allows such things). This is how it relates to what Fireworks god asked on the thread in general.
Next we have problems accruing with the person who has been molested that unravel through childhood into adulthood.
The ultimate question being "why, if there is a God, has this happened to me."
Therefore that person turns to a psychologist.
Myself, believing all problems are spiritual, would believe that true healing could not take place if 2Tim 2:26 is not acknowledged, along with further understanding as to why God allows Satan to do these things, and how to Love that God regardless.

It's late and as you may know, I have to go to Church in the morning.
I am tired and have done the best I can for tonight.

--------------------

Edited by CER (10/30/04 09:32 PM)

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #3299227 - 10/30/04 10:24 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

The problem when it comes to people such as yourself, inseminating biblical quotes, is that even the word Bible alone has far too much negative images associated with it due to various reasons, one of which stems from the simple fact that most Christians aren't even close to the level of enlightenment and integrity that Jesus Christ had - otherwise history would've been quite, quite different.

There are many pearls of wisdom within the Bible, in Jesus's words and such that indeed are true, when interpreted in the "right" way.
Regardless, I could never say that the Bible is completely 100% pure truth and reason. This is the essence of Christian arrogance, and there actually ARE people out there, who actually believe this, and will do their damnest to brainwash every little kid who comes their way into such rigid, limiting, and ultimately threatening Christian fundamentalism. I should know, I've seen a few during this lifetime.

Going back to what I mentioned in regards to the notion that there are many spiritual and philisophical truths in the bible, albeit semantically hidden, and too easily subject to misinterpretation; I'll use your last post as an example:

It was a verse from the Bible that implies that YES Satan can have control over our minds?

Satan? Who is Satan? A horned Goat/Human with red-skin and a tail? Pitchfork and all? Maybe even a cape, if it's not too hot with all the eternal fire going on somewhere "down there"?
This goes back to what I mentioned to you in a previous post in another thread about externalization of deity.
Satan is not a being, but rather a state of being - Evil. Yes, evil can have control over our minds. But does this mean we should externalize our intrinsic human nature and project it into some symbol, some figure, i.e. a devil with horns? This is a step backwards to primitive thinking, in the lack of factual information. Overall, this isn't truly "bad", as long as one is aware that it's simply a symbolization of what is rooted intrinsically. Unfortunately, this precise awareness seems to be lacking, far too often. So symbolically speaking, you are correct. Everybody has a "Devil and Angel on their shoulders". Sometimes the [d]evil will get the better hold of us than the angel, and so forth.

If I believe the Bible to be the Word of God,
Ah yes, now after we've shed some light on the lil red-horny man with the oversized spork, we can move onto the next big step. Yep, that's right. G to the O to the D.
When another letter O is added to the word God, it becomes Good. This brings us back to the externalization of deity point. God is the human model, or archetype for All that is Good, compassion and love. No longer do most people, due to increased awareness and intelligence, picture perhaps an old man with a white beard sitting upon a throne in the sky, but almost inevitably a male someone or something outside of you. Just like with evil, Christians and such externalize good, resulting in an external figure or idol of ?God.? When Christians are praying to God for forgiveness, because they mowed the lawn on Sunday, they are really asking themselves for forgiveness. And it is only within them that they can ever truly find forgiveness.
When they believe that God is punishing them, it is them that is being punishing.

God has already implied that ?wordly knowledge does not draw a person to the truth, it leads them away from it.

If you read what I wrote to you in the other aforementioned thread, you?ll see just precisely another variable of that same general notion. The main difference is that I am not using the word ?God.? The word God has become almost empty through thousands of years of misuse. It has become a closed concept.
Back to the point ? it is true that excessive mind, thinking, and so forth can bury Being, the essence of our divine reality, and as such lead one away from being able to ?grok? reality.

So you see, the authors of the bible weren?t entirely idiots, and actually knew a thing or two about spirituality.
The problem lies within those who are ?egoically spiritual? [oxymoron alert] and thus unconsciously creates negativity and drags the Bible right along with it.
However, it is also important to keep in mind that nobody is born a fundamentalist Christian. It must be programmed into them, so keep that in mind as you approach one in real life. Christian fundamentalism can be a very hard thing to ?wake-up? from, and is often tragic, as it usually leads to close-minded thinking, ignorance, fear, evil and conflict.

Christian: God said gay people are doomed to Hell!

Gay person: Where does God say that?

Christian: The bible said that!

Gay person: Well, c?mon now? it?s just an ancient book written thousands of years ago, do you really think people were all th?

Christian: You have fallen to the DEVIL!! ?insert various Christian fueled epithets and propaganda and hatred ?

The Christian resorted to beating the gay person to death with a crucifix and went to prison. The inmates only furthered his hatred for gay people. He was released ten years later, with a sphincter the size of the Grand Canyon. Ah, karmic beauty.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#3300444 - 10/31/04 06:33 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

CER said:
Fireworks god said:
Yes, mental problems cannot be analyzed without adding God and Satan to the equation, despite the fact that God and Satan have nothing to do with the workings of one's mind. 
Although I think that statement contradicts itself?

I didn't pay enough attention to use some sort of emoticon or aside to note it, but the first section of that sentence "mental problems cannot be analyzed without adding God and Satan to the equation" was mocking the original quote, acting as a summation of what that quote said, and the second part purposely contradicting the first part. :lol: It was done in humour and to show how "off the rocker" the first part of the sentence was. :smirk:

Quote:

Your problem with accepting my opinion is that it is not my opinion.  It was a verse from the Bible that implies that YES Satan can have control over our minds??who?s minds have been taken captive to do his will.?

I never once inferred that the Bible verse represented your opinion, and nowhere in anything that I said does it suggest that I did. However, as you later say you believe in the Bible as the Word Of God, the fact that you believe the verse to be true sort of implies that it is your opinion after all, now doesn't it?

Quote:

If I believe in a God who created the universe and beyond, myself and everything in it, wouldn?t it be ridiculous for me to believe he has ?nothing to do with the workings of one?s mind??

That really depends on exactly what you believe God is, the manner in which he created the universe, and its role in the universe as it is now. As I do not see a conscious creation of the universe, or some sort of sentinent being as being "God" (as it has been noted here before, a completely useless word which cannot carry meaning any longer), I do not see how God and Satan are variables in the way our mind works, which I will get into deeper a little bit later. :grin:

Quote:

If I believe the Bible to be the Word of God, could I not believe it if it tells me Satan can control the mind of a non believer?

Sure you could or couldn't believe it, but you also have to contemplate whether or not you even interpreted the verse right and realized the intended meaning. In my experience, spiritual teachings, especially the Bible, attempt to allow one to grasp concepts and lessons that are not possible to communicate literally, as the experiences and lessons talked about are beyond words (this is nothing new to partakers of mushrooms or other psychadelics). These words, these verses, often carry deep, hidden meanings that must be carefully contemplated and understood, and are almost never to be taken at face value. It has more to do with coming to experience it oneself than anything.

Essentially, literal interpretations of the Bible are both directly and indirectly responsible for a good chunk of the suffering of mankind not caused by natural forces in the past two thousand years.  :mad:

Quote:

NO DUH.  I guess that is why the Bible calls you to have ?child like faith? (Mark 10:5 Mat 18:2.

Yes, believe in something with no experience or reason to believe in it. THAT makes sense. :rolleyes: Believing that diseases are caused by demons and ghosts helped us cure disease, didn't it? I don't have a list here of all of the people that have committed suicide in cults because they believed aliens would take them to their planet, or whatever belief they held, but it is extensive. Believing you can fly while on LSD = kerplat. :nut:

Remember when I accused literal intrepretations of the Bible of causing a good chunk of mankind's suffering in the past two thousand years? Well, I will now put forth to you that holding a belief in something with no valid reason of holding it is directly and indirectly responsible for an even bigger chunk of mankind's suffering not caused by natural forces in the past million years.

Also, I would like to note, that while I do not remember that particular passage (I have read the four gospels, but do not remember any real detail of them), it sounds to me that Mark was actually referring to having a child-like perception, free of beliefs, expecations, and etc. It seems as though he is suggesting that once one's mind is not obstructing one's total immersement in the here and now moment, that the Truth will be known naturally; if he is, then :thumbup: I doubt, however, that the Truth that will become known naturally from this perspective will appear anywhere near the same way that the majority of Christians believe said Truth is... :lol:

Quote:

This sounds awfully familiar, and it didn't have to do with some Biblical, external God and Satan, "believe and go to Heaven" at all. This passage seems to have more to do with the fact that the mind, left unchecked, will seperate oneself from the moment, which is all there is. It seems that the Bible used to have an inner, spiritual message of Christ Consciousness and of living in the here and now moment, of connecting once again to pure awareness. Literal intrepretations (and translations, which effectively kill the hidden, spiritual content) have done exactly this, lead away from the Truth.  :tongue:

Quote:

God calls the wisdom of this world FOOLISHNESS.

But I thought God created this world and this universe and that everything was an aspect of him? God labeled himself FOOLISH? How wonderfully odd and peculiar.  :shocked:

Quote:

I need to reiterate that the message of the Bible is simple. And that alone hinders intellectuals such as you from accepting it.
You need your ears tickled with scientific facts.

Nothing but baseless assumptions here. A simple idea in no way hinders an intelligent person from accepting it, it makes it that much easier to understand it and see it for what it is. 2+2=4 is a simple idea to understand, and it makes sense too - there are numerable, completely valid, and observable reasons why it makes so much sense. Perhaps intellectuals do not accept these "simple mesages" from the Bible because there isn't any valid, observable reasons to accept them, whereas people of lower intelligence accept them so easily because they do not have a good understanding about them and are easily tricked or confused.

And, an even bigger baseless assumption for you to make is to say "you need your ears tickled with scientific facts", which just isn't true. You've quoted what I said of God from another thread in this very thread, and one certainly wouldn't come to that conclusion as I did if they were only concerned with "scientific facts".

I am concerned with real understanding and real meaning, with putting my mind in a perspective that is clear and unobstructed, with being completely present in the moment. I am concerned with being awake and alive, with being connected to pure awareness as much as I possibly can. I am concerned with seeing reality and life as it really is, which does not allow for baseless beliefs, with believing in things for emotional reasons, meaning I do not let fear, a need for security, power, or love blind me from the Truth. As parts of the Bible itself have declared, the Truth is obvious to those with their eyes open and their minds sharp, their perspective completely clear, their experience of life as if they were a child, completely in the here and now moment.

Now, why is it that I do not believe in an external God or Satan, of an external Heaven or Hell, why do I not believe in the Bible as the absolute Word Of God? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#3300480 - 10/31/04 07:09 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

CER said:
The book goes on to explain further of coarse.  I guess FG thought it was a one paragraph book.

Obviously I did not think that, but if you are going to present a view in a thread with the purpose of making a point, you need to present it completely, or it is ineffective in doing so - especially with that quote, which was, as I said, fluff.

Quote:

I think the main point the author is making here is that the scientific community disregards God and Satan in their psychoanalysis's (SP?).  Yet the author acknowledges that there are other points to consider such as your upbringing, trauma, car accident, rape, the list goes on.

If his point is that they disregard God and Satan in their psychoanalysis, then that isn't much of a great point, since there are plenty of valid reasons why God and Satan are not included. :smirk:

Quote:

Lets say I was molested as a child, this was obviously an act of wickedness.  The rapist mind was taken captive by Satan to do his will

Nei, it is not in any way obvious that this was an act of "wickedness". There are obvious, real, observable reasons why a person molests another, and they perfectly and completely explain why the molestation occured. There is no observable, either mentally or physically, way to verify that Satan took someone captive and forced them to do his will. It is an explanation that is not required, is not necessary, and is not veriable or observable in any way - it is imaginary.

Quote:

It's late and as you may know, I have to go to Church in the morning.

I feel sorry for you. :tongue: I've been enjoying my Sunday in the most spiritual place on Earth: my home, appreciating who I am and my surroundings and what it is that I do. The only good thing I can see in church is the sense of community, and I can think of more effective ways of creating a sense of community, mostly involving true, pleasant, enjoyable interactions with people. :grin:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineCER
?
Re: do 'evil' people know they're evil [Re: fireworks_god]
    #3300904 - 10/31/04 12:28 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

First I want to say I hate this new format.

I?ll will address both FG and Skropivowhatever.

I couldn?t possibly commit the time and energy it would take to respond to all of the points that both of you have made.
As I have said I am the mother of a one year old and my time is not my own.
But I do have a few points I want to make.

The Bible is the only inspired, infallible Word of God
2Pe 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the Scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

No scripture prophecy is of PRIVATE INTERPRETATION (or a mans opinion or explication, or humanistic philosophies of his own mind). Scripture is the revelation of the mind of God.
The difference between the prophets of the Lord and the false prophets who are in this world is as scripture claims; Prophets were Holy men who spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. You are just two men who think you know everything because you don?t want to believe in a God who judges wickedness: Romans 6:23 for the wages of sin is death? (More on that later).
. A God that causes you to fear: Deu 6:13 Thou shalt fear the LORD thy God, and serve him, and shalt swear by his name.
Or who commands you.
I think believing the scripture is much more secure than your ever changing opinions of who and what God is?silence, blah blah. Mal 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not.

The Bible is the only inspired, infallible Word of God. Historians agree as to the authenticity of the New and Old Testaments wrightings, and contrary to popular belief, transmissions of the text were completed with 99% precision (determined by textural criticism and comparisons of thousands of other manuscripts).
Evidence for the infallibility of the Bible includes: the bibliographical test; historical and archaeological confirmations; the Bible?s harmony (considering it contains 66 books written over 1,500years, by 40 authors on 3 continents) and 330 prophecies about the coming Messiah in the Old Testament fulfilled with 100% accuracy.

I only have two other issues I want to address with you fine intellectuals

You claim that WE are not capable of understanding such WONDERS as scripture.
2Ti 2:15 tells us to?Study to show thyself approved unto God a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of truth.
I don?t know what you find so complex that it can?t be understood by man.
What was the use of 40 different authorous wrighting down a bunch of commandments (there are more than 10) that condemned themselves?
And what, God is not omnipotent enough to make sure his word can?t be preserved through time so that all men might have an understanding of HIM.
Gosh are we all suppose conjure up some notion of God based on our emotions and desires so God is more acceptable to us???

As far as Gays going to hell.
Based on most scripture we are all going to hell?for the wages of sin is death Romans 6:23
Let?s take David and his adultery
1Co 6:?neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor
adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1Co 6:10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioneshall inherit the kingdom of God.
The woman at the well is going to hell? She was an adulterous.

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
The condemnations of the Bible are there for you to see your need for a savior. That you alone with your good works and your Doctor Wayne Dyer notions can not save yourselves.

Eph 2:8
For by grace are you saved through faith, it is a gift of God (Ref the word Gift and you will find that Christ is the Gift)
Eph 2:9 NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.

Rom 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Therefore yes a gay man who professes Jesus Christ as his saviour will go to heaven. Same as every other sinner. The Bible says you are a liar if you say you don?t sin.
But, since you two make up your own rules and your own god as you go along that does not apply to you right?

I also believe the Bible implies that you are to turn from your sin. Not that you will EVER be without it. It is a daily struggle. The difference is you can no longer justify your sin, you accept it for what God says it is. This it self is the most liberating experience.
Trusting Christ as my Savior, and calling sin what it is, and finding forgiveness did for me what 3 years and two psychotherapists could not do.

So stick all that in your intellectual pipes and smoke it.

--------------------

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #3301043 - 10/31/04 01:11 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

:::Todcasil Turns the Other Cheek::::

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: do 'evil' people know they're evil [Re: Todcasil]
    #3301055 - 10/31/04 01:15 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

by the way CER im violating this biblical statement im about to type, but i am by no means obliged to follow the bible, not having given myself over to something so completely edited by man AFTER it was divinly inspired.

didnt jesus say something to the effect of

do not speak my word to those who cannot hear it it their will
but freely give my word to those who are ready to listen.

i probably butchered that but ill give you an actual quote now..

"a man hears what he wants to hear and then disregards the rest"
-paul simon

maybe you could apply that to your hearing?

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3301069 - 10/31/04 01:19 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

"a man hears what he wants to hear and then disregards the rest"
-paul simon

is that similar to

"as soon as a philosophy begins to believe in itself. It always creates a world in its own image"
- unknown :P

sorry if I'm getting off topic again :p hehe feel wired to day :p Something resembling a wire not a typo btw :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlinepsyched
Stranger
Re: do 'evil' people know they're evil [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3301124 - 10/31/04 01:38 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Moonshoe said:
whats evil to one person is righteous to another, and no one can say in any absolute sense what is and isnt 'ok' . All we do is justify our own actions and form our own system for rationalizing what we do. Even mass murdering, rape and genocide cannot be called wrong with anything but personal conviction.

Many mass murders revel in there wickedness, others think they serve some god or angel or spirit and what they do is ultimately good, it all depends on the individual. Most mass murderers qualify as sociopaths , which by defintiion is someone who cant learn to understand or accept social and moral values

even the things we don a regular basis, masturbation, smoking weed, drinking beer, etc are considerd evil by others.

So if it's not evil in your eyes, it's ok for you to rape and kill?
That's just wrong.
Causing pain is not necessary. It may seem so sometimes, but only because whoever you intend to hurt didn't realise that "causing pain is not necessary".

As for the more trivial stuff, masturbating and doing drugs is not per definition evil, as it's not done to destroy or inflict pain in others.
Breaking an unjust law is not evil.
Breaking one of the few sane laws there are is not necessarily evil. Unless your reason for speeding is to reach a wedding so you kan kill them all and rape the bride's father.

--------------------
excuse me

OfflineCER
?
    #3301169 - 10/31/04 01:57 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

2Ti 4:3 For a time will be when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own lusts, they will heap up to themselves teachers tickling the ear;
2Ti 4:4 and they will turn away the ear from the truth and will be turned aside to myths.

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3301189 - 10/31/04 02:05 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

CER said:
2Ti 4:3 For a time will be when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own lusts, they will heap up to themselves teachers tickling the ear;
2Ti 4:4 and they will turn away the ear from the truth and will be turned aside to myths.

Discussing religous philosophy is one thing. Having all of these preachy self rightious Bible quotes of right and wrong, come up in every other post is getting, well.............................RIDICULOUS.

Most of us here left the church because we had enough of being told how we were wrong and bad sinners and how to be right in ther eyes of God, praise the Lord halleleuh can I get an amen, this shit sucks.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (10/31/04 02:06 PM)

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3301199 - 10/31/04 02:07 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

evil is not evil, unless there is good to judge it evil :P
like Einstein said, it is relative to the observer? :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineCER
?
Re: do 'evil' people know they're evil [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3301206 - 10/31/04 02:08 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

ahhh I think you need to read the those two verses a couple of times, you just proved them right.

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3301231 - 10/31/04 02:15 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I know. And at the same time, I am right and you can't prove that wrong, because there is no such thing as right and wrong.

I wonder why it is Bible thumpers miss the most profound thing Jesus said, The jist of it was that God judges no one, it is we who are faced to live by our own judgements and to the measure we judge, we will be judged.

So dude, if you go around judging every other thing wrong, you better live perfect or your ass is Satans. LOL

I AM the I AM in individuaised expression and I don't fear myself, I love, forgive, accept myself in the whole of it all.

BTW, I'm playing with ya , ya know. bible thumpers are easy to get their panties in a bunch. The more you push them, the more they get up on their high faluten self rightious pulpets of condemnation. I think its funny.

I fear no evil dude, I am that too.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: do 'evil' people know they're evil [Re: vc77]
    #3301421 - 10/31/04 03:20 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Good answer! Bush executed more prisoners than any other governor in the state of Texas. He is playing a game with the other 'big boys' of the world wherein all our young soldiers are merely patriotically brainwashed pawns in the game which happens to be played out on a real battlefield. Bush's understanding of Christ is so obviously primitive, unrealized and literal (i.e., fundamental) that he can do these things and still proclaim that he is a Christian. A sophisticated understanding of the teachings of Christ translates (even in Orthodox Christianity) into all of us being transformed into Christ (not many Christs, but individual exponents of the Mystical Body). Sorry Baby Bush - real spiritual life and politics cannot mix. One cannot be filled with Truth of God and be a God-damned liar at the same time.

On another vein, look at Jeffrey Dahmer: pure sociopath - zero conscience, zero empathy - zero compassion - zero remorse. He built an elaborate 'altar' from the skulls and bones of his victims in order to keep them close to him. He used an electric drill in the skull of a living sex-slave, not to kill him but to render him into a zombie (AS IF a Titanium drill bit through the skull, into the pia, dura and arachnoid meninges, and then into the cerebrum wouldn't cause agony, mortal terror and death! HELLO!!) But...so what...it's only about what Jeffrey wants. People are only objects to be used and discarded (or eaten, as the case may be). "What, me evil?' If one were to ask the late Dahmer if he thought that he was evil, he would probably have some bizarre response about how much he adored his VICTIMS as to create an artistic altar from their remains. Compassion seems to be a non sequiter - does not compute.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: do 'evil' people know they're evil [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3301498 - 10/31/04 03:42 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

"He is playing a game with the other 'big boys' of the world wherein all our young soldiers are merely patriotically brainwashed pawns"

I disagree with what Bush is doing in Iraq and I share your dislike for him at this point, but as a veteran I take exception to your appraisal of the average combat soldier being brainwashed. I served with a group of people who, while a few were dumb as stumps, the majority were quite intelligent, resourceful, and independant minded individuals. Conversations about combat ethics were common. Many of the Vietnam vets I knew recognized that, in hindsight, we had no business in Vietnam. When you enlist it is your job to go fight when your government sends you. All of our freedoms are supported by this. Personal opinion as to the rightness of the conflict has no place on the battlefield as it will only cost lives. You do your job and trust that your efforts are for the better. In order to maintain an army you HAVE to maintain consistency. Personal feelings cannot be allowed to come into play in order to maintain this. Most of these people have strong personal feelings about their country and are NOT brainwashed.Anyhow, most of these guys quit worrying about protecting their country at some point and just fight for their survival and their buddies survival. Otherwise, I agree with you.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Edited by Huehuecoyotl (10/31/04 04:34 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds