Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePisces
Dr.Gonzo

One week today I quit smoking cigarettes
    #3287469 - 10/27/04 10:40 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

It has now been one week today after smoking for around two years and so far I am glad I have stopped. Cravings have not been as intense as I thought they would be and I cheat a little when I get em by puffin on a Black & Mild (cigar with pipe tobaco in it). Its a bit though after eating a large meal cause that was one of my favorite times to smoke after. I have yet to drink since stopping so when I do that will be the real test. Wish me luck.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: One week today I quit smoking cigarettes [Re: Pisces]
    #3287498 - 10/27/04 10:46 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

you dont need luck, you need continued support.

when you start trying to rationalize having another cig, ignore it.

congrats on getting this far!

--------------------

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
Re: One week today I quit smoking cigarettes [Re: blink]
    #3287624 - 10/27/04 11:19 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

congrats friend. welcome to the non-smoker world it's a great one without cigs. stay strong and i wish you strength in your coming battles with temptation.

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
    #3287679 - 10/27/04 11:34 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

It has now been one week today after smoking for around two years and so far I am glad I have stopped. Cravings have not been as intense as I thought they would be and I cheat a little when I get em by puffin on a Black & Mild (cigar with pipe tobaco in it). Its a bit though after eating a large meal cause that was one of my favorite times to smoke after. I have yet to drink since stopping so when I do that will be the real test. Wish me luck

Wow, 1 week. good job you made it this far - this is where is starts to get hard bro. The next 14 days will make or break you.

I used gum, regular gum (sugerless). When I wanted to smoke I would chew gum, and I would chew a lot. I watched my Dad quit that way - and it worked.

I almost died from "the patch" because I thought that if I cut the patch into smaller peices (the smallest patch was overwhelming me and making me feel sick) then it would hit me a little less.

Well, I ended up actually releasing the medication into my system faster by cutting up the patch. I got really sick, and fell asleep, and woke up to crazy colours and dizzyness.

Now when I look at a cigarette I get that same feeling I had when I OD'd on Nicotine and its easy to not smoke.

It also hard when people around you are smoking - thats what would always get me to want to smoke the most.

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

Edited by Civ (10/27/04 11:34 PM)

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: One week today I quit smoking cigarettes [Re: Civ]
    #3288549 - 10/28/04 09:40 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

It also hard when people around you are smoking - thats what would always get me to want to smoke the most.

exactly. I was a smoker for 8+ years and way I quit was simply avoiding bars and other social settings were everyone was smoking. I mean, I had a life - I just did other things. Now that I havent had a cigarette in forever (nor have the desire to have one), I can hang around smokers and not get cravings. In fact, smokers are more annoying now.

so the trick is to avoid temptation by avoiding smokers...
...hard to do, but it works.

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: One week today I quit smoking cigarettes [Re: Vvellum]
    #3290296 - 10/28/04 04:23 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

xactly. I was a smoker for 8+ years and way I quit was simply avoiding bars and other social settings were everyone was smoking. I mean, I had a life - I just did other things. Now that I havent had a cigarette in forever (nor have the desire to have one), I can hang around smokers and not get cravings. In fact, smokers are more annoying now.

I belive if you can stop smoking you can do anything you try to do.

Wow 8 years, thats a good reason to quit. Good fuckin' job.

Mainstream smoke makes me pretty sick still.

2nd hand smoke doesn't make me as sick, infact sometimes I get "that content" feeling if I am sitting with someone smoking or walk by someone smoking.

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: One week today I quit smoking cigarettes [Re: Civ]
    #3290778 - 10/28/04 06:02 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

:thumbup:

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
    #3296127 - 10/30/04 01:43 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Right on, good job! I quit smoking about 3 weeks ago. I'm 26 and have been a smoker on and off since I was 13. It has never been hard for me to quit, I just decide I don't want to smoke anymore, then I don't. Everytime I started back up again, it was always because of circumstances. I was either around people who smoked all the time, or I went to places where people smoked and I finally would just pick up the habit again. I've decided now, to completely just stay away from places like that. Then again, this time I'm pretty determined not to smoke again. I just don't like it. So I think that cigarettes are out of my life for good.

Good luck, stay strong and live healthy!
~Desiree~

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Offlinedmc_

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: One week today I quit smoking cigarettes [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #3302637 - 10/31/04 08:54 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I've been smoking for a year now and....would like to quit, but dont really want to, given my situation. Im afriad if I quit, ill start pissing people off and am afriad I'll get depressed from the withdrawls.

When I do decide to quit, im gonna go buy a couple packs of american spirit. Mainly for something to puff on after making love with my woman. I have found that to be my most difficult trigger.

I have a couple friends that only smoke when they start getting drunk. I cant understand the self control they have, reguardless I envy them.

Edited by dmc_ (10/31/04 08:58 PM)

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: One week today I quit smoking cigarettes [Re: dmc_]
    #3302678 - 10/31/04 09:10 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i've gone 1 month as of today without smoking ... it really isn't all too difficult, if you really set your mind to it. i think im going to try to experiment with moderation (see if i can have a cigarette after a nice meal every once in a while, without "falling off the wagon") - if i find that i can't moderate my smoking, i guess i'll have to just stay quit completely...

--------------------

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: One week today I quit smoking cigarettes [Re: Krishna]
    #3303341 - 11/01/04 01:37 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

everytime i see this thread i want to go have a smoke. I smoke. but i never have real bad cravings or anything even if i go a few days without any.

InvisibleLifenergy
Yo Mama

Re: One week today I quit smoking cigarettes [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #3303367 - 11/01/04 01:50 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Congrats on quitting. I smoked for a little over 10 years and I've been nicotine free for 1 full year now. Now just don't drink alcohol at all and you'll be free of the two worst poisons that plague our society, excluding cocaine, which is the third. It's a good feeling. Good luck.

--------------------
Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.

OfflinePisces
Dr.Gonzo

Re: One week today I quit smoking cigarettes [Re: Lifenergy]
    #3303698 - 11/01/04 05:18 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Tonight was the first night I have drank since quitting and so far going good and strong. I have had one Black and mild and this will be it, almost bought a pack of smokes, just thinkin of drinking made me feel like smokin but... nope didnt buy any. Im having a good time and not smokin. Thanks everyone!

Offlinezipaday
shr00m vr00m
Loc: Kans.
    #3304547 - 11/01/04 12:06 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Try to keep your hands busy when you have a craving. When i decide to quit smoking, i'll probably hijack a bunch of ditchweed from the side of the road and pretend its tobacco and roll it up....... who knows.

--------------------
..........._._._..........
........./.......\.......
........(_._._._).......
............|.|...........

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom