Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleGabbaDj
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Prop 72....
    #3287548 - 10/28/04 12:59 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Fuck..

Prop 72 in California forces most any business in California to pay 80% of the health care costs for ALL of its employees.

My parrents own restaurants and just like many businesses around the US they skim by with a small profit margin.. This margin may bring in lots of money but it is always still under 10% ALWAYS.

Now, if 72 passes they will have to pay an additional $3500 per year on average for EACH employee. Which adds up to be $612,000 a year. And thats if someone dont get REAL sick..

Now I got to say, my parrents dont make more than $500,000 a year with all of their restauruants combined..

How the hell are they going to afford this?

FUCK.... People are going to vote this in. It is going to win.. then we will watch California go down the toilet as ALL small business goes under and most EVERY major business just moves out...

FUCK.!

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG          C8.com                    http://www.beatsopjefiets.com/   

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Prop 72.... [Re: GabbaDj]
    #3287571 - 10/28/04 01:04 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, it's fucked. Nevada and Arizona will certainly benefit... of course there will be more Californians out of work as businesses cut costs or just close down or relocate (if they are able to).

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Offlineunbeliever
Yo Daddy!
 User Gallery
Loc: Gallifrey
Re: Prop 72.... [Re: Evolving]
    #3287599 - 10/28/04 01:11 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Evolving said:
Yes, it's fucked. Nevada and Arizona will certainly benefit... of course there will be more Californians out of work as businesses cut costs or just close down or relocate (if they are able to).

I'm already god damn sick and tired of californians coming here and flooding the freeways, the job markets and fucking up the real estate market.

--------------------
Happiness is a warm gun...

InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Prop 72.... [Re: unbeliever]
    #3287905 - 10/28/04 03:42 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Dude... Your right it'll probably pass. I see commercials on TV all the time talking about passing 72. Never against it. They say it'll make companies like Wal-mart cover health for all of their employees. Which I'm for because, ya know, fuck walmart and their treatment of employees. I wasn't aware they make small businesses pay for all their employees too. Its really to bail out the state and its deficit which is closing hospitals all over the state because they treat all these people with no heath insurance (like me). Who the hell thought it would be a good idea to put schwartzenagger into office. This is how he balances the budget...Nice job California

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
    #3287930 - 10/28/04 03:52 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

FUCK.... People are going to vote this in. It is going to win.. then we will watch California go down the toilet as ALL small business goes under and most EVERY major business just moves out...

It said large/super large businesses - your not even on the same page if your making 500k? And for full time work, many places don't care bout their workers anyways - and jack them around, never giving them the full time work life. In stead they choose two part-time employees to do the job.

WalMarts, WinCo's, Superstores.

Its part of the Gov-o-nators plan to fix California. Or so he says ...

Many FastFood Places in my area have started doing it already - Hire less employees, pay the ones they have more - and treat them better. McDonalds right next to my house have benifits after 30days.

Power to the people? Or power to the large business owner -

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Prop 72.... [Re: Civ]
    #3288052 - 10/28/04 05:07 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

And for full time work, many places don't care bout their workers anyways - and jack them around, never giving them the full time work life. In stead they choose two part-time employees to do the job.

dude this happens at like every job I get...if your a min. wage lackey you'll never find full time work. They just load up on part-timers...and split the hours. When somebody quits or gets fired they hire another person even when half the staff is asking for more hours...bullshit.

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

InvisibleGabbaDj
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Re: Prop 72.... [Re: Civ]
    #3288279 - 10/28/04 08:56 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

It said large/super large businesses - your not even on the same page if your making 500k?

Your WRONG....

Any business with over 20 employees by 1007
Any business with over 59 employees by 1006
Any business with over 100 employees by 2005.

Thats hardly just large businesses.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG          C8.com                    http://www.beatsopjefiets.com/   

OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Yeti Sports

Loc: Dearborn Michigan
    #3288504 - 10/28/04 11:17 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

GabbaDj said:
Now I got to say, my parrents don't make more than $500,000 a year with all of their restauruants combined..

How the hell are they going to afford this?

Ask your parrents!

If they have the business sense to run the restaurants then they know what I am about to say.

They are going to have to raise the prices of there products to cover the added expenses.

When people vote for crap like this, they never realize that they are voting money out of there own pocket. The whole point of a business is to make money. Any and ALL expenses are passed to the customer in the form of a markup.

For example:

I have a widget that I can buy for 100$ and sell for 110$ (a 10% markup)
Most would say I made 10$ where the truth is that I did not make 10$.
Once you include employee costs (Insurance, Social Security Matching, etc), The cost of the building, electric, gas, water, etc. I may only make 1$ off of each sale.

When the government gets in and mandates things like health care, my cost of doing business goes up. I recalculate my markups to include the new expenses and the customer pays higher prices.

This all has a breaking point. When the expenses (rent, 4 times net, utilities, employee costs, etc) reach a certain point, the cost of living goes up. This inturn causes minimum wage to increase, which inturn adds to my expenses and causes prices to go up.

Now add to this the fact that I as a business owner have to spend time (Not a small amount) managing government paperwork (Forms 940, 941, state sales tax, federal witholding, federal social security, state income tax (if your state has it), Federal corporate income taxes, corporate franchise taxes, etc.) not all of my time can be spent making money! This inturn adds to the costs and increases the prices.

Thus when people vote for stuff like this they never realize that they are causing the cost of products to increase. This increase is directly proportionate to the cost of the new mandate as well as the cost of my time to find and fill out the paper work.

So to everyone who wants free health care, free college, or anything else for free. Just remember that it is not free! You are paying for it.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Prop 72.... [Re: Cyber]
    #3288756 - 10/28/04 12:40 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

> How the hell are they going to afford this?

Fire everybody and hire only contractors to fill the positions.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineMrBump
Third prize is you're fired
 User Gallery

Loc: Where Art Meets Crime
Re: Prop 72.... [Re: Seuss]
    #3289108 - 10/28/04 02:17 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
> How the hell are they going to afford this?

Fire everybody and hire only contractors to fill the positions.

or hire illegals and border jumpers.

and whoever posted the comments about raising the cost of the product is right on the ball too...it always trickles down to the consumer.

--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Prop 72.... [Re: DirtMcgirt]
    #3289377 - 10/28/04 03:06 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DirtMcgirt said:
They say it'll make companies like Wal-mart cover health for all of their employees.

WalMart already covers their employees, even part timers have health care through the company. The backers of this are lying. Now granted, I am informed of this by my brother who works for the company and has been a WalMart employee for over a decade (he's an under achiever). Of course those who are in the unions or believe the propaganda of the unions which WalMart employees have repeatedly rejected will disagree, so my brother must be wrong... right?

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: Prop 72.... [Re: unbeliever]
    #3289913 - 10/28/04 05:13 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Oh hush :smile:

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3289946 - 10/28/04 05:21 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Shit.  I won't have a job to go back to next summer. :sad:

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Prop 72.... [Re: Cyber]
    #3290025 - 10/28/04 05:36 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

ding ding ding

minimum wages and mandatory benefits generally wind up
hurting the very people that they intended to help in the
first place

this shit is absolutely ludicrous

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Prop 72.... [Re: afoaf]
    #3290058 - 10/28/04 05:41 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Wind blowing from the left today?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion