Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Dehumanization and the suppression of Hemp.
    #3282663 - 10/27/04 01:02 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

With all this war business and fear monguering going on alot of people seem to be forgetting we have what one might call moral responsibility..ie, a planet to take care of, with rapidly dying oceans and complete with a deforestration industry, aswell as an increasing extiction rate as far as most wildlife goes..we're running out of quality food - not to mention the system that has been constructed around us hardly even allows for the feeding of our entire species respectively by default. Is this acceptable? From what I gather, most if not all of these so-called 3rd world countries are starving on average, a number of them working for next to nothing in sweatshops so that we 'civilized' people can trot around in brand name garbage in plain ignorance as to where the article in question might have originated from in the first place. Is this something to be proud of? This is land of the free, getting by at the expense and labor of those we have somehow managed to categorize below ourselves? How about the people who are getting by at another level off the expence and labor of us?

This system doesn't seem to work very well for everybody, and as such, should probably be seen as a reason to think it may be due for reform. It is broken, I mean it was probably derailed ever since we stopped seeing our fellow human as family, a part of our tribe. Something tells me when the natives as an example grew as a community, people wern't divided to such an extent as alot of us seem to be now, especially in regards to the politics. What happened to equality? Did it ever exist? I mean, right now, this world looks to be caught in a downward spiral getting fucked left and right from the inside out, and god forbid if I am the only person who is seeing this, unless of course I am just experiencing some kind of deluted sense of reality, possibly due to being stuck living as a low-class broke ass myself.. I guess the way I see it, people have been divided on so many different levels that alot of them don't even seem like they could fully comprehend the idea of unconditional love/respect anymore, as I would imagine was probably once among the most basic/default operating systems to be structured into the human mind from birth. And even if this is all just optomistic blabber and life was never anything as sublime as that..why can't it be now?

I might be speaking for myself here, but I feel really disheartened by the fact that humanity has somehow managed to de-moralize itself to a point where the average person can walk right past a hungry homeless person and not even think twice about it.. Some might point and laugh, some might assume he should just up and get a job or go to school, but unfortunately as many of you are probably aware, it's not always that simple a thing for somebody in that kind of a situation to 'just' go ahead and do. Alot of the time I wonder, if everybody had a chance to grow to their fullest, instead of being limited within this one and only system in which we are supposed to accept and shape our aspirations to, if instead everybody had a chance to live and grow and learn to do things in their own way..how many of these unfortunate homeless people might have turned out to be somebody of utmost importance in a society based not on a pyramid of greed, but of equality? Who knows, perhaps one of these people would somehow prove to be essential for you or a loved ones well being.. Everybody has the potential to flourish into something amazingly unique, with their own creative approach to everything, yet in this world it doesn't seem like everybody really gets an equal chance to do so, not to mention this concept seems to be widely surpressed within this pharmaceutical/media driven left wing right wing structured society. Alot of us tend to look outside of ourselves for so called 'happyness' (ie, your new big screen tv, SUV or the satisfaction of voting to put your favorite puppet in office) instead of looking on the inside, stopping and realizing what you are already lucky enough to have that others might not (ie, a mate and/or a roof over your head) or anything else you might posess that could help to suit someone who needs.

So what's all this pointless babble have to do with hemp? Well why the fuck arn't we growing it everywhere seeing as how it can account for a large sum of our species basic needs for everybody to live somewhat equally as a whole? Can anybody here sincerly support an establishment that routinely surpresses what is likely our planets most valuable renewable resource?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Dehumanization and the surpression of Hemp. [Re: ekomstop]
    #3282672 - 10/27/04 01:06 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I believe hemp is illegal because biologically it's the same plant as marijuana, even though it hardly contains any THC. I've also heard that oil companies are a major contributor to the War on Drugs because they know that hemp oil presents a threat to their market monopoly.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Dehumanization and the surpression of Hemp. [Re: silversoul7]
    #3282752 - 10/27/04 01:50 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hemp is a decent oil crop but it is far from being some miracle energy crop.

Soy, corn, algae, and several other oil producing plants perform similarly to hemp.

Also, it ruins marijuana crops.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: Dehumanization and the surpression of Hemp. [Re: silversoul7]
    #3282817 - 10/27/04 02:27 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Corps liek DuPont are one of the main reasons it is illegal. being related to weed is jsut the excuse. it goes back to the great WW2. it was ilelgal, legalized for the war cause it made such good products tehn made illegal again when the war ended.

i dotn think there is any proof of this but i think its all because it will steal money away from so many large corps. ive seen many opinion articles on the subject but nothing concrete.

personally i think it should be legal jsut for a substitute for peanutes on cotton crops. hemp has been found time and time again VERY beneficial for soil health and whatnot. cotton is teh opposite. really a match made in heaven, but with one the other osnt needed (for clothing i mean). or maybe it could be thought of as double money, maybe peanuts would make more?

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Invisiblerogue_pixie
faerydae
Female User Gallery

Loc: UK
Re: Dehumanization and the suppression of Hemp. [Re: ekomstop]
    #3283069 - 10/27/04 05:26 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Rest assured, you're not the only one.

--------------------
"Whatever you do, you need to keep moving.  Because when you stop moving you die (physically and emotionally).

Good luck and blessings of happiness and fortune." ~ RandalFlagg RIP

Invisibleusefulidiot
It's notfascist, it's...Neoconservative!

#3284187 - 10/27/04 12:20 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

OfflineWorf
Lt. Commander

Loc: Final Frontier
    #3285608 - 10/27/04 05:13 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hah! Just learned the real reason why marijuana is illegal a couple days ago in my sociology teacher

Apparently DuPont's pesticides or fertilizer or some shit didn't work on hemp. It did however work on cotton. They didn't want every one to grow hemp because then they wouldn't buy their chemicals. So some powerful people talked to some other powerful people and illegalized marijuana.

Marijuana has less harmful effects than tabacco and isn't even addictive. That plant is still legal.

InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Dehumanization and the suppression of Hemp. [Re: Worf]
    #3286573 - 10/27/04 08:10 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

preaching to the choir...

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

Invisiblenewuser1492
Re: Dehumanization and the suppression of Hemp. [Re: DirtMcgirt]
    #3286783 - 10/27/04 08:50 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I thought cannabis was made illegal because of mexican immigrants. A way to legally deport them.

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

#3286931 - 10/27/04 09:11 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

outputrotation said:
Hah! Just learned the real reason why marijuana is illegal a couple days ago in my sociology teacher

Apparently DuPont's pesticides or fertilizer or some shit didn't work on hemp. It did however work on cotton. They didn't want every one to grow hemp because then they wouldn't buy their chemicals. So some powerful people talked to some other powerful people and illegalized marijuana.

Marijuana has less harmful effects than tabacco and isn't even addictive. That plant is still legal.

precisely.

Quote:

DirtMcgirt said:
preaching to the choir...

--------------------

OfflineWorf
Lt. Commander

Loc: Final Frontier
    #3287081 - 10/27/04 09:30 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Of course you guys are dirty hippies, but I don't think most of you knew it was because of DuPont that marijuana is now illegal.

Invisibleusefulidiot
It's notfascist, it's...Neoconservative!

#3287201 - 10/27/04 09:50 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Perhaps the choir should wake up, stop wasting their time with the same old boring tune and instead form an extremely loud orchestra of anger and hatred for these buffoons who are actively working to dumb us all down to the lowest common denominator.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3287575 - 10/27/04 11:05 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Alot of people had something to gain from making cannabis illegal.

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

#3287980 - 10/28/04 02:15 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

im no singer but me and pops have been spreading the knowledge to family and friends...and strangers who can stand listening to left wing hippies.

the whole dupont thing is pretty common knowledge. i kinda doubt many even know it to be true, just one of those common accepted things that we take in. sorta like how we all jsut accept buch is a cunt. just is, no explanations or thought needed relly.

dude you avatar is freaking me out! what is it? its liek a tin tin dick tracy type thing goin on,

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3287995 - 10/28/04 02:22 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

SCREW DUPONT!!!

Also, I am still angry with Germany about WW3.

--------------------

InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Dehumanization and the suppression of Hemp. [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #3288067 - 10/28/04 03:23 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Perhaps the choir should wake up, stop wasting their time with the same old boring tune and instead form an extremely loud orchestra of anger and hatred for these buffoons who are actively working to dumb us all down to the lowest common denominator.

How we gonna do that? I think want needs to happen is spin it to the tune of the government and those who run it...if it gets spun with the prospect of making money for corporations and the government and lifting some tax burdens on citizens I think hemp and even marijuana can get legalized. We are all for the freedom to do what we want with our own bodies and the hypocracy of what substance we should and shouldn't be using. This needs to be less emphasized and the cash prospects of hemp and pot need to be more trumped up to the masses. Thats what moves the government into action...use their own addiction against them.

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order