Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: "The Viper of Kernunnos" [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2766010 - 06/05/04 11:44 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

What you've provided is more than enough, i was mainly interested in the dates themselves.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: "The Viper of Kernunnos" [Re: neuro]
    #2766042 - 06/05/04 11:55 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I'm going to check up in the Pharmacotheon and see what it says.. (i love jon ott.. he is my fucking hero.. i dream of meeting ,, or even just speaking to him one day)

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Loc: Darkover
    #2777026 - 06/09/04 03:56 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

mjshroomer said:
And the Army did not really give their soldiers amphetmines to stay awauke.

The British armed services, especially airforce, have consistently rejected the use of amphetamines . Their use by the bomber and fighter crews of the USAF was originally eschewed by the U.S until the retrirement of ( sorry guys I will need to check my facts on this, does anyone know who - definitely -  he  was ? ) a senior staff officer following the end of the first Gulf conflict. It's use was (re ?)-instated prior to the recent invasion of Iraq and was ( again ? ) identified by the British as the major cause of "friendly fire" by the USAF against it's ground forces. :guns:

Edited by Silverwolf (07/12/04 03:43 PM)

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: "The Viper of Kernunnos" [Re: Silverwolf]
    #2793796 - 06/15/04 01:10 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

just saw a post with a question to me from 4 months ago wow
what i had meant by there possibly being a difference in amanitas growing with different trees wasn't anything about vibrowhatsits, just about what they're around.
what things are around affect greatly how they taste, what nutrient concentrations they may have.. there may be a noticably different physical or mental reaction to amanitas grown under different trees due to certain substances found around and in the root networks of those trees.
honestly i don't know at all, i was just saying it would be a possibility that could be investigated.. i dont have the equipment to do so however.

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Re: "The Viper of Kernunnos" [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #2803013 - 06/17/04 04:27 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Mushmonkey said:
what i had meant by there possibly being a difference in amanitas growing with different trees wasn't anything about vibrowhatsits

There's nothing wrong with vibrowhatsits ! As matter manifests on the gross physical plane so does it's vibrational precursor on the subtler etheric plane. The "higher" plants and animals vibrate at higher frequencies ( and on more than one wavelength ? ).
What I'm saying is that the metabolic and environmental differences to which we are refering will also be manifest on the various subtler ( etheric ) planes.

Also GUYS with reference to my previous post !.... :thumbup: I have searched various sources ( including the BBC story archive and www.mprofaca.cro.net ) and have now asked Greg Palast ( got to www.gregpalast.com ) , "Observer" journalist and author of "The Best Democracy Money Can Buy", for his help. I will report back to you should he be able to "fill in the gaps" on the "US Forces use of Amphetamines" story O.K ?

--------------------
"Odrade read the word silently and then aloud.
"Arafel."
She knew this word.Reverend Mothers of the tyrants time had impressed it into the Bene Gesserit consciousness,tracing it's roots to the most ancient sources.
"Arafel:the cloud darkness at the end of the universe.""

Edited by Silverwolf (09/27/06 04:25 AM)

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#2872707 - 07/09/04 12:03 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Over three weeks ago I set out to track down the story "Amphetamine use by U.S armed forces" firstly I  asked  Greg Palast (who has never reponded), then I searched the archives of The BBC (what story?), The Guradian-online (which seems never to have covered it)and The Times ("are you sure old boy?"), finally going back to use a search facility on Mario Profaca's site (www.mprofaca.cro.net) and looking,  where I had assured myself it could not be!, in the intelligence network files*. The location of the first useful page of which is as follows www.globalsecurity.org/org/news/2003/030103-speed01.htm .
"As outlined in a document published by the U.S Special Operations Command which oversees elite special operations troops, amphetamines are "part of a new trend that forsees "performance enhancements" designed to produce "iron bodies and iron willed personnel"".

*Coincidence?

(word to moderator "I hope that you will excuse what might appear this slight diversion from my main topic, however it speaks to the use of stimulants in warfare and I believe will help us identify precisely "where we are" with regard to our discussion about "the Berserkers"". Thank you.) :whistling:

Edited by Silverwolf (10/10/06 01:17 PM)

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#2882865 - 07/12/04 04:02 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

"Interestingly" this recent wet period here in the U.K this summer may produce some early amanitas around the Beeches and Oaks (I speculate), as we have discussed before these earlier fruits are said to be of higher potency (if you do pick some and don't know how to prepare them for goodness sake ask someone -maybe me if I'm around- O.K?).

--------------------
"Arafel."
She knew this word.Reverend Mothers of the tyrants time had impressed it into the Bene Gesserit consciousness,tracing it's roots to the most ancient sources.

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

#2884575 - 07/13/04 12:10 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

In reference to meth and the military..
german troops in WWII were given instructions on how to make garage meth. i don't have a source other than my memory, this tidbit of knowledge is something I came across what must be a decade ago or so, so obviously I can't recall where I heard it but I do trust it's true..

Also, Provigil, the anti-narcolepsy drug that's gaining favor, apparently, as a replacement for adderol and ritalin among college folk (much harder to find, but without the loss of coordination / focus / clarity .. it works via a different mechanism, and basically shuts off the part of your brain that makes you feel tired or groggy).

The first reference I ever heard to Provigil mentioned that the US Air Force had taken an interest in it, to provide to b2 bomber pilots. Since, I haven't heard the military mentioned, and that first reference was 4 years ago -- recently I believe nature.com had an article about Provigil, recently in the past few months, so obviously the first article I read was before it had passed FDA approval.

I've never come across it myself but am pretty interested in what its effects are, exactly.. the nature.com article, as well as the first I read, both mention that there are great worries about it becoming widely available. Our country hates sleep enough as it is without having a drug that would keep you up without the 'cracked out' feeling and look associated with other sorts of speed (well.. our world should i say, i guess).

We've had a rainy, cool summer here in Pennsylvania..
one of these weekends soon I'm going to start scouring my mountain-top pine thicket. And where it's not pine, it's oak. Still a bit warm -- highs in the low 80's -- but I'm going to try to keep on top of these things this year. I must find, and try, these things.. and when I do, since this thread apparently keeps coming back, I'll post my results here.

Don't warn me that it will be a bad trip, because frankly, I don't believe it. I have two sources. The internet, and people I know in real life. They disagree with the whole amanita experience. These are people I have tripped with on many different things many, many times.. all opinions I trust greatly.
Honestly I suggest others to do the same, but that in mind assuming I do find anything.. I certainly will post every detail I can remember.

should prove interesting..

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Re: "The Viper of Kernunnos" [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #2888891 - 07/14/04 08:38 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Mushmonkey said:
  since this thread apparently keeps coming back

Youve seen my movies?!

(The drug mentioned on the page given is dexedrine.
Also  I won't discourage you from a first experience with a.muscaria just bear in mind all we've discussed here (and also read all of the "amanita at length" thread). Your post may prompt me to expound upon my method of drying and usual dosage. Good Luck!)

:thumbup:

--------------------
"Arafel."

Edited by Silverwolf (09/27/06 02:53 AM)

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Re: "The Viper of Kernunnos" *DELETED* [Re: Silverwolf]
    #3075217 - 08/31/04 06:23 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by Silverwolf

Reason for deletion: irrelevant

--------------------
"Arafel."

Edited by Silverwolf (08/31/04 06:29 PM)

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#3138601 - 09/15/04 12:19 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

"Liar!" (ref: will talk about smoking  next post)
  Anyway; Captains Log ("hey that's my log") stardate; 15th Sepember 2004 lovely BIG troop of amanitas following thunderstorms and stuff. These are the earliest I've seen for quite a while, drying now.....(Birch symbiotes) :kiss:

--------------------
"Arafel."

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #3142718 - 09/16/04 07:51 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

How about a few pictures.. You can always scan them at Kinkos. I have.

I have already seen a few here in Settle.

But I have posted enough photos of them here already in my gallery of pictures.

mj

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#3153371 - 09/19/04 05:20 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Uh :....pictures...scan...camera (sorry what  does  this button do?). One day MJ, sorry guys.

:blush:

--------------------
"Arafel."

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #3157633 - 09/20/04 08:13 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I have eaten dried Amanita muscaria caps (from washington)
on several different occassions.

Each time i would eat 1/8 an ounce dried Fly Agaric,
With an Apple and water.

I have found the mushrooms to be both
Energizeing and Purifying.
-And dream about the mushrooms, literally.

With no negative effects at all.
Ive never eaten more than a dried 1/8th.

I love the Fly Agaric. mushrooms.

I have eaten them three days in a row once.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: ""Silver." A Wolf's Story."The shamanic use of a.muscaria. [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3157641 - 09/20/04 08:15 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

How does one go about getting their hands on this book?

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
Re: ""Silver." A Wolf's Story."The shamanic use of a.muscari [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #3158107 - 09/20/04 09:49 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

not to sound like a smartass but amazon has 14 used and new.

was thinking of making this purchase sometime too :smile:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/det...ks&n=507846

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: ""Silver." A Wolf's Story."The shamanic use of a.muscari [Re: socratesmind]
    #3159591 - 09/21/04 12:04 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Well I checked out the prices. the Special edition of $250.00 dollars is not worth the price since he reports damge tot he cover and c box whioch holds the set.

So this caused me to look up my book Magic Mushrooms of the PNW. I found some book store from Minnesota selling it for $78.00 a copy and they reportedly have two copies for sale.  I sent them an email telling them that is wrong since the book is not out of print as reported from amazon.com

Here is the URL

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/det...g=UTF8&v=glance

What rip-off some of these people are.

The sellers are thirdcoastbooks.com in Minnesota.

have a shroomy day

mj

mj

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Re: "The Viper of Kernunnos" [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #3198987 - 09/30/04 05:06 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

GGreatOne234 said:
I have eaten dried Amanita muscaria caps (from washington)
on several different occassions.

Each time i would eat 1/8 an ounce dried Fly Agaric,
With an Apple and water.

I have found the mushrooms to be both
Energizeing and Purifying.
-And dream about the mushrooms, literally.

With no negative effects at all.
Ive never eaten more than a dried 1/8th.

I love the Fly Agaric. mushrooms.

I have eaten them three days in a row once.

Sounds like what I call a good gentle therapeutic dose (watch those kidneys).

--------------------
"Arafel."

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#3286245 - 10/27/04 07:01 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Some Shroomerites might remember my "British Indigenous" thread on the Mushroom Hunting forum in which I mentioned a certain suburban site displaying little evidence of the proximity of a suitable host. Well as U.K residents will know the weather has  been a hooligan recently, and tonight I found a magnificent well proportioned/apportioned  undamaged troop at the same site, really beautiful at night in the rain. Wish I could send you a picky. Stay safe!  :smile:

--------------------
"Arafel."

Edited by Silverwolf (11/04/04 04:47 AM)

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#3334003 - 11/08/04 05:55 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

You know I found two "must be" pantherinas this year, largish brown slightly "goldy" caps, but found them heavy on the kidneys (certainly heavier than the muscaria I'd picked some weeks before) when smoked. I've kept them but don't know if I can afford to give them freezer room anymore. I may not be in good enough shape to appreciate them at the moment (you have to be in shape for both the amanitas), I'm more or less certain they're pantherinas and not discoloured muscarias, any comments? :cthulhu: :cthulhu:

(Ed's note: I'm not now sure I even identified these properly -there is another very similar looking species in the family. Furthermore I would not consider taking them myself or suggesting anyone else should take them until their active/non-active status had been properly established!) :discodance:

Note dated Mid October 06, these were probably Amanita Rubescens (see pics).

--------------------
"Arafel."

Edited by Silverwolf (10/10/06 01:28 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck