Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinerunnerup
student

Loc: USA
Gingko Help
    #3284659 - 10/27/04 02:07 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Should i re-pot? I think the problem is that it keeps raining; right now the plant is dormant. I think its getting to much water.

I'm going to wash roots out, and re pot with new dry soil.

Any suggestions?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
Re: Gingko Help [Re: runnerup]
    #3284997 - 10/27/04 03:14 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I'm not growing this one but I would not repot it. If you think its getting too much water just wrap plastic over the top of the pot to keep out rain. Are you ferting it? Symptoms could be overfert.

Stoney

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

#3285555 - 10/27/04 05:00 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

We have this one tree on campus that always smells like ASS when the fruits fall of... now I know what it is :P

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #3285753 - 10/27/04 05:37 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

where do you live?

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Gingko Help [Re: Gumby]
    #3287705 - 10/27/04 11:43 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Ginko comes in male and female. The female produces the fruit. For this reason most ginko trees are male. You should grab up some seeds. They're a little hard to find.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinerunnerup
student

Loc: USA
Re: Gingko Help [Re: Gumby]
    #3287805 - 10/28/04 12:52 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
I'm not growing this one but I would not repot it. If you think its getting too much water just wrap plastic over the top of the pot to keep out rain. Are you ferting it? Symptoms could be overfert.

Stoney

The reason i want to re-pot it, is because if its getting to much water; the water soaks up at the bottom and gives chance to root rot. The ginkgo tree is very hardy, although its one weakness is water, when it does not want it. As fertilizer goes I'm not giving it to the plant right now because its in a dormant stage... although when it becomes active after winter i will use fertilizer. The Bag idea is very good next time it rains i will do that.

Quote:

Gumby said:
We have this one tree on campus that always smells like ASS when the fruits fall of... now I know what it is :P

Yes the female fruit smells like shit. although the leaves of this plant are very special
:grin:

And i live in San Francisco.

Anyone know a lot about this tree? I'm trying to cancel out all possibilities
thanks for the replies guys.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck