Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: why dont we print our own money? [Re: JesusChrist]
    #3282038 - 10/26/04 10:22 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

JesusChrist said:
I always feel out of my element on these threads, and I studied economics. We spent one semester on money and banking and that was it. Nothing critical of the fed was taught, and I never gave it a second thought.

If we don't have a Fed will we go back to having depressions, 25-30% unemployment, starvation and economic collapse? Oh wait, we had that with the Fed. Friedman argued that if the Fed had acted to increase the money supply we could have avoided the Great Depression.

Couldn't we have a Fed that safeguarded against economic calamity and enhanced stabilization while still being somewhat under control? When the Fed creates money through open market operations, doesn't that money go to the governmeent? I have read that the return on assests at the Fed is very small to the investors adjusted for inflation.

Sometimes I think the problem is our deficit and nation debt. Maybe if we had our ducks in line in other areas and government wasn't so damn big we could concentrate and take a harder look at the Fed. To me, the Fed doesn't seem like a high priority with all of our other problems.

These conversations all seem to go over my head when it comes to gold and central banking, and I consider myself smarter than the average bear.

I am going to watch that video. Maybe I should have done that first.

the reason we have a national debt is because we buy all our money from the federal reserve bank.
the govt itself could print its own money, and it has in the past, lincoln, and president kennedy both did for brief periods before their assasination.
maybe thats why no one else has tried?

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleClean
the lense
Male User Gallery

Re: why dont we print our own money? [Re: BleaK]
    #3285671 - 10/27/04 05:23 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

the Money Changers have this country and the world on lockdown.
we are slaves to the fed.
everyone should get Bittorrent and download this movie : Money Masters

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]