Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecodemaster28
Stranger
help a noob with inocculation
    #3285467 - 10/27/04 04:38 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

so... i followed my cat one day on her daily journey out to the woods. across some magical border line she took me to a shed in the woods. in the shed was a pressure cooker, some jars, some vermiculite, some organic preservative free brown rice flour, some tin foil and a syringe. there was also a small refrigerator and a box with 3 other syringes in it inside the fridge in the bottom shelf. now... the cat told me what to do.

she said to pressure cook the jars for 25 minutes at 15 psi and that the time to cool would cook them the rest of the way. she advised me on three variations of the same recipe that is apparently common knowledge. they each had different amounts of water by about 1 tbsp.
one appeared too wet, one too dry, and one just right. i had 4 of each at this point. they cooled overnight. in the morning the temperature of the one i opened was ambient throughout. i left one more jar for a baseline contam indicator for the wet 3. the other 10 were inoculated using the standard shake it up method. no flame sterilization was used. all injections were made within about 2 minutes. after about 4 weeks the jars have no contams, distinct dirt smell (like always) but havent sprouted a single spot of growth. usually i saw a spot within a week.

bad syringe? it was never left outside to wait for me, it came quickly in the mail. they were kept for 1 week in a cool dry dark place... i got it from a reputable source, but the USPS cant always be trusted... ive got 3 more to try, what should i do differently?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: help a noob with inocculation [Re: codemaster28]
    #3285538 - 10/27/04 04:56 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

codemaster28 said:
no flame sterilization was used.

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: help a noob with inocculation [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3285578 - 10/27/04 05:07 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

codemaster28 said:
  no flame sterilization was used.

This is a good thing to do, but seems irrelevent to this case, Prisoner.

First, you said a reputable source?  E-bay reputable?
Second, you said standard shake method?  You mean the syringe?  Syringe needs to be well shook.
Third, did you make sure the needle was in the substrate layer or still in the verm layer?  Just out of curiosity, how many injection sites?
Fourth, what were the recipes you've used?
Fifth, double check your BRF ingridients... maybe salt added?

Well, my brain isn't fully engaged, yet, but if when i wake up a bit more, I'll post you some more stuff. :wink:

Good luck

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Offlinecodemaster28
Stranger
Re: help a noob with inocculation [Re: Sam1912]
    #3287504 - 10/27/04 10:47 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

hey, thanks for the replies.

T.H.E. for supply.

I shook it until my arm hurt, as much as possible. that was what i thought was standard.

it was deep. i use shallow cakes and i could see the liquid soak down to the bottom of the cake. the needle was completely past the vermiculite. 3 injection sites per container.

a pftek recipe that has worked once before. 1 cup flour, 2 cups vermiculite. i presterilized my vermiculite by baking for 55 minutes at 450.

nope, this BRF is some of the best with no additives or preservatives. its fully organic as well. it doesnt get much better than this stuff.

maybe that sheds light on the subject? i dont flame sterlize unless my inoculation times are more than 10 minutes apart. i think my batch is bunk and i should just write the hawk. shiza happens.

OfflineTheChiaPetFarmer
Chia Smeller

Loc: Iceland
Re: help a noob with inocculation [Re: codemaster28]
    #3287661 - 10/27/04 11:30 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

What were your incubation temps?

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: help a noob with inocculation [Re: TheChiaPetFarmer]
    #3287683 - 10/27/04 11:35 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

84F plus or minus .5F

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Offlinecodemaster28
Stranger
my inoc temp [Re: Sam1912]
    #3294774 - 10/29/04 05:53 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

71 F / 21 C

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures