Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Spore Vendors labeling cubensis strains as 'blue meanies'
    #3282214 - 10/26/04 11:01 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

aparently a few vendors have a strain of cube which they're calling "Blue Meanie" which is a widely known name for pan. cyan. at least one of the sites i saw didnt have it labeled as a cubensis strain which made me do a double take because a spore syringe for a pan cyan at cubensis prices is a nice deal.

unfortunately after looking over the rest of the one site i realized this person only delt in cubensis. I think its misrepresenting a product considering the nick name has been associated with pan cyans for the past 30+ years. and ya better not think up "blue ringers" either. or "liberty caps", so i request the spore vendors voluntarily just do a name change on 'blue meanies' for the sake of getting rid of confusion for spore buyers and for us people in #cultivation that have to do YOUR tech support. if people start showing up asking about blue meanies on pf cakes, thats just gonna be extra BS for everyone trying to figure out the person is referring to a cubensis and not pan cyan.

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on.you'll see devils tearing your life away.
But...if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels
Freeing you from the earth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Spore Vendors labeling cubensis strains as 'blue meanies' [Re: Eightball]
    #3282441 - 10/27/04 12:08 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Sadly, it seems Blue Meanies are now a cubensis strain.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisibleboxtop703
ThesaurusLinguae Graecae
 User Gallery

Re: Spore Vendors labeling cubensis strains as 'blue meanies' [Re: Rose]
    #3282561 - 10/27/04 12:35 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:
Sadly, it seems Blue Meanies are now a cubensis strain.

I refuse that notion especially considering The Shroomery is the very heart of the OMC.

All it would take is the shroomery vendors to come to an agreement to rebuke this one STP strain.

I've been extremely vocal about this already (and taken heat because of it), but it's absolutely the right thing to do.

So far all of my protests have fallen on deaf ears.

Until we come to an agreement, I'll just say that IMO spore vendors like Ryche Hawk, Sporeworks, LSOS, and TLG would never be irresponsible enough to call a cubensis strain, Blue Meanie.

Edited by TLGEXPRESS_COM (10/27/04 12:10 PM)

Offlinedjred

Re: Spore Vendors labeling cubensis strains as 'blue meanies' [Re: boxtop703]
    #3283484 - 10/27/04 09:11 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

yeah i seen that on spore-syringe.com they call them blue meanies, they are white blue ish but yes im aware of the site i have not planned on ordering from them,im stuck on litle guy or ryche hawk, his web site has alot of info about the strain your studying,plus i like the art work.....but then i hear alot of good stuff about tlg......maybe i should do both...??

OfflineSCIOpenEyedDream
DillusionalDreamer

Loc: Western Europe
Re: Spore Vendors labeling cubensis strains as 'blue meanies' [Re: djred]
    #3283506 - 10/27/04 09:18 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I <3 TLG. haha

--------------------
Everything I say on this board is a lie.

Eat more string cheese. It's good for you.

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: Spore Vendors labeling cubensis strains as 'blue meanies' [Re: SCIOpenEyedDream]
    #3284034 - 10/27/04 11:44 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i think in the vendors discription of "blue mennie cubes" they should say that its a cube named by some dumb ass that was "breeding cubes"and tell the costomers that its just a good cube from some idiot just like "keepers creepers" and "star gazzers" and "reality benders" if those ever make it in the masses

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3284530 - 10/27/04 01:37 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i'm just going to keep a running list of spore vendors who are participating in this SCAM. and hopefully theyll all reach a consensus on the new name for the variety formerly known as blue meanie.

RalphstersSpores
Sporesource
Spores101

personally i would not order from any of the above vendors until this name situation is resolved out of principle.

and as for the new name, feel free to drop suggestions here. I would like to have all the shroomery sponsors who currently deal in spores to vote on the names, a simple plurality wins.

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on.you'll see devils tearing your life away.

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
    #3284548 - 10/27/04 01:41 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Spores101

I received some very nice B+ syringes from them, and with freebees.

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

Invisibleboxtop703
ThesaurusLinguae Graecae
 User Gallery

#3284592 - 10/27/04 01:53 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Eightball said:
i'm just going to keep a running list of spore vendors who are participating in this SCAM. and hopefully theyll all reach a consensus on the new name for the variety formerly known as blue meanie.

RalphstersSpores
Sporesource
Spores101

personally i would not order from any of the above vendors until this name situation is resolved out of principle.

and as for the new name, feel free to drop suggestions here. I would like to have all the shroomery sponsors who currently deal in spores to vote on the names, a simple plurality wins.

I feel your pain but your point has been made as mine was also.

No need to get nasty though as they do have the right to do business as they please.

OfflineSpores_101
Mycologist

#3284616 - 10/27/04 01:57 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Eightball said:

RalphstersSpores
Sporesource
Spores101

Any of the above venders are far from trying to scam anyone into thinking there getting something there not getting. if we were to carry the real blue meanie spores they would be more than 10.00 and 15.00 syringe.
It would be a scam if we were charging more for it and it wasnt really it and it was the cube blue meanie.
then you can say something is fishy but nothing like that is going on with ANY of the venders you are insisting are "scamming" people.

OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3284632 - 10/27/04 02:01 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

its deceptive business practise pure and simple. dont like it, dont like it at all. maybe its time for admin to start dropping sponsors if they dont meet certain criteria, like actually giving the species name.

let me just scratch off 'puerto rican' on this box of prints and call em BLUE RINGERS! that would be a popular name and would have previously aquired name recognition to help me sell more.

--------------------

OfflineSpores_101
Mycologist

#3284652 - 10/27/04 02:06 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Eightball said:
its deceptive business practise pure and simple. dont like it, dont like it at all. maybe its time for admin to start dropping sponsors if they dont meet certain criteria, like actually giving the species name.

let me just scratch off 'puerto rican' on this box of prints and call em BLUE RINGERS! that would be a popular name and would have previously aquired name recognition to help me sell more.

Maby a better poll for you to put up is how many people think there getting pan. cyan when they order blue meanies from anywhere.

OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Spore Vendors labeling cubensis strains as 'blue meanies' [Re: Spores_101]
    #3284660 - 10/27/04 02:08 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i think auditing your records and seeing if a disproportionate amount of blue meanies are sold vs the natural trend of other cubensis strains.

--------------------

OfflineSpores_101
Mycologist

#3284682 - 10/27/04 02:13 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Eightball said:
i think auditing your records and seeing if a disproportionate amount of blue meanies are sold vs the natural trend of other cubensis strains.

I can tell you that its ordered pretty regularly along with 15 other cubes and no one has e mail me ever saying they thought they were gona get pan. cyan instead of a cube

OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3284736 - 10/27/04 02:24 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

besides the pan cyan confusion issue there is also the fact that 'blue meanies' already had name recognition. and this recognition has been stolen and used for commercializing a plain ol cubensis. which isnt too honest. ever notice how 'flashy' stp made 'their' strain names?

--------------------

OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3284753 - 10/27/04 02:28 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

and why would a no name 'blue meanie' strain that hardly anyone cultivates (or recommends) be ordered anywhere close to the tried and true varieties of cube?

this is exactly my point. give it a recognizable mushroom name and people will buy it. even though its not actually the species the people remember.

lemme go on ebay and start selling san pedros as peyote.

--------------------

Invisibleboxtop703
ThesaurusLinguae Graecae
 User Gallery

#3284772 - 10/27/04 02:30 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

lemme go on ebay and start selling san pedros as peyote.

That's a pretty good analogy.  :thumbup:

OfflineSpores_101
Mycologist

#3284800 - 10/27/04 02:36 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Eightball said:
besides the pan cyan confusion issue there is also the fact that 'blue meanies' already had name recognition. and this recognition has been stolen and used for commercializing a plain ol cubensis. which isnt too honest. ever notice how 'flashy' stp made 'their' strain names?

Thats great and your point is very valid. But im only responding to this because you are acting and posting negitive things about venders,
3 of them witch has no place here in these fourms and im sure you know this.
When i say your point is valid i mean the name of it truly is stolen from the real blue meanies (pan. cyan type) but this has been a few years of this now and people have come to except that thats a cube strain that we sell and we dont give any indication of anything but that nor do www.sporesource.com or www.ralphstersspores.com

Edited by spores101com (10/27/04 02:43 PM)

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

#3284804 - 10/27/04 02:36 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i dont see whats soo hard for the vendors to put that it is a strain named by a scam aritist that was fairly good and was brought to the masses the two i see from "the keeper" at vendors sites are "blue meanies" and "keepers creepers" both of witch should say as there discription that they were made by a rip off aritist that sold them for 50-100$ for one syringe claiming they were some sort of hybride

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

OfflineTonyMontana
Montana RealtyCompany

#3284850 - 10/27/04 02:46 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

New strain name: TANPTAC

Prounounciation: Tan-puh-tack

An accronym made from the phrase, These Are Not Pans They Are Cubes

Alias: Staze/the Staze strain; named in my honor after I chose such a sweet name to re-name it to

--------------------
"GULF COAST TEXAS SYRINGE! EVERYTHING IS BIG IN TEXAS! Dear Keeper, I send you these pictures and spores so you may pass on this wonderful strain to the world! My cat accidentally ate a spore print and washed it down with 'Keepers Brew' when I wasn't looking. He took a 'DUMP' in your Kit A and before I new what had happened I found these monsters! WHAT THE HELL IS IN THAT BREW!?!? $35.00 + S/H " - SporeTradingPost's 'Keeper': douchebag of the century! [a not so cleverly fabricated testimonial for his website that is only effective in making even his pretend customers look like morons]

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag