Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Dreams
    #3283027 - 10/27/04 04:29 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

How important are out dreams? Do they hold any significant meaning? Are they a link to something else and are they any less real then the lives we live while awake?

Lately my dreams have been really weird and sometimes quite intense and I wonder about them. For example, a couple nights back I had a dream where I was in a relationship with someone, and I'm not sure what the relationship was. It was me and a girl, someone familiar, and we were married, going out, or had broken up. But the main thing in the dream was she was pregnant and had a kid and I was a dad. She named the kid something that starts with D or B I think.

When I woke up I was unusually connected to this dream or the reality I had just been experiencing. It had vanished, and I could not return to it ever. I wanted to know who the girl was, but what was also annoying was I couldn't remember my kid's name. I remember small bits, it was a boy, I remember holding him, and being all happy. It was strange how the dream impacted me. I told someone about it and they said "Don't worry about it, it was just a dream".

But what is a dream? Is it a memory from a past life? Is it another life we experience while our conciousness leaves our body while we rest? Sometimes they really feel intense or important, or something. I just wanted to get a discussion going on the topic and to share ideas and such.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Dreams [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #3283041 - 10/27/04 04:48 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Dreams are just a creation of the mind. Don't go as far as to think that they are some kind of mystic revelation of passsed lives and such. Try LDing, its much more interesting than trying to find out meanings of dreams.

--------------------

Invisiblerogue_pixie
faerydae
Female User Gallery

Loc: UK
Re: Dreams [Re: exclusive58]
    #3283057 - 10/27/04 05:15 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Reality is also a creation of the mind. I study Psychology and I think most Psychologists theories behind dreaming are crap - best one was Jungs idea of a collective unconciousness.

--------------------
"Whatever you do, you need to keep moving.  Because when you stop moving you die (physically and emotionally).

Good luck and blessings of happiness and fortune." ~ RandalFlagg RIP

Invisiblerogue_pixie
faerydae
Female User Gallery

Re: Dreams [Re: rogue_pixie]
    #3283061 - 10/27/04 05:18 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Just remembered my dream from last night - surprise, surprise it involved drowning, ghosts, creepy houses with a HUGE clock, a hotel, drinking and school, the book I was reading in the dream was based on the dream I was having about a ghost woman in black. Werird , weird things but entertaining in a strange way.

--------------------
"Whatever you do, you need to keep moving.  Because when you stop moving you die (physically and emotionally).

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3283071 - 10/27/04 05:28 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

LDing?

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#3283115 - 10/27/04 06:08 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Our perception of reality is a creation of the mind. Reality itself isn't.

You think Freuds theories on dreams are crap??

I agree with the collective unconsciousness possibility, it can explain only an ASPECT of dreams, but most of it can be explained when uncovering the secrets of the functionning of the mind.

Tasty Smurf:
LDing --> Lucid dreaming

--------------------

InvisibleLakimada
Stranger
    #3283124 - 10/27/04 06:14 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

dreams are a way of the subconscious mind to communicate with the conscious mind, to bring up issues that you might need to release that you went through the day, or things about yourself that need to be improved...

there is a pretty good dream interpetation method in one of stuart wildes books
but it goes like this

say a dream recounted: a man is walking along with a fishing rod over his shoulder, he walks under a bridge, and various things happen in the dream.
the method requires you to act out the dream in your minds eye, 1st placing yourself in the psyche of the main character. so say to yourself "i am the man with the fishing rod....."(and at this point, you start to referring yourself in the 3rd person-so your name is tasty smurf so...)"i am the man with the fishing rod in tasty smurfs drea. i represent...." you pause and allow the symbol(the man) to talk to you, telling you what it represents to you. then you go back to the character and asks how it feels, or you may ask, "why are you going to the river?" your subconscious might answer, saying "i am going to the river because the river is abundant, and i seek abundance in this life," or whatever.
you travel through all the symbols in your dream one at a time. so in this case you now take the part of the fishing rod. you have to imagine the fishing rod can speak and you make it come alive. so reacall the fishing rod in your mind and it says, i am the fishing rod in tasty smurfs dream. i represent[lets say] direct actionand the ability to bend." suddenly, you remember that in the dream, the rod whacked the underside of the bridge. you realize its telling you maybe you are a bit too stiff in certain circumstances, that you need to bend or you'll whack your head on life.
you go through all symbols till you finished.
but some dreams can have hints of LD and AP experiences thats why some might experience past lovers or past lives experiences

Edited by Lakimada (10/27/04 06:17 AM)

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#3283132 - 10/27/04 06:19 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hey man, here is some interesting stuff about how dreams could possibly be useful. I posted this long ago, I'm just paste&copying it cuz its some good stuff:

"It has to do with brain activity during the phase of REM sleep, which happens about every hour and half and lasts about 15 minutes. This phase is also called "paradoxical sleep", because its paradoxical to experience an intense brain activity during our deepest moments of sleep.
During one's life, the phases of paradoxical sleep get shorter as we get older. These moments can be experienced as being extremely pleasureful and can provoke erections with men.
Like you said, it seems that, each night, we have a mesage to receive. A research was done on this topic: an adult was awaken in the middle of his paradoxical sleep and asked what it was he was dreaming about at that moment. Then they let him go back to sleep, and they woke him up again when he was in the middle of his next phase of paradoxical sleep.
The researchers noticed that even if the story of the two dreams were different, they still had a similar 'core', if you know what i mean. IT seemed to be like if the interrupted dream resumed in a different way, as to get the same message through the dreamer.
Recently, researchers have expressed a new idea;
Dreams seem to be means of forgetting the social pressures. By dreaming, we are unlearning the things that go against our deepest convictions that we have been constrained to learn during the day.
All the conditioning that was imposed by the outside get erased.
As long as people are dreaming, it is impossible to totally manipulate them. Dreams are a natural way of resisting totalitarism! "

--------------------

Invisiblerogue_pixie
faerydae
Female User Gallery

#3283134 - 10/27/04 06:20 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

exclusive58 said:
Our perception of reality is a creation of the mind. Reality itself isn't.

You think Freuds theories on dreams are crap??

I agree with the collective unconsciousness possibility, it can explain only an ASPECT of dreams, but most of it can be explained when uncovering the secrets of the functionning of the mind.

Tasty Smurf:
LDing --> Lucid dreaming

I think all the studies I've ever read by Freud are crap.

--------------------

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#3283149 - 10/27/04 06:35 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Did you try to understand them at least...?

I agree that his theories had some flaws here and there, but he wasn't far from truth. Now i just see his theories as old dogmas that need to be revised.

--------------------

Invisiblerogue_pixie
faerydae
Female User Gallery

#3283162 - 10/27/04 06:44 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

exclusive58 said:
Did you try to understand them at least...?

I agree that his theories had some flaws here and there, but he wasn't far from truth. Now i just see his theories as old dogmas that need to be revised.

"some flaws"? His theories are the weakest theories around, with the most flaws.

--------------------

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #3283569 - 10/27/04 09:38 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

some conjecture about you and your dream, given what i know about you (limited).

you have trouble with your father, and you may be so hard on yourself because you identify yourself with your father. its hard not see parental traits in your day to day life, and you may have trouble dealing with that...

your dream is a sort of revelation... you feel that this child, this boy, is a way to fix your father/son relationship with your dad.

you deal with many things every day, and they all get stored in your head, when you dream all that stuff is available to play with. to me dreams are your minds way of solving problems, or figuring out paths. you can put yourself in a situation (ANY SITUATION CONCIEVABLE BY YOU) and judge your reaction... see how it all works.

when something you dream up gives such a startled or intense reaction, you keep it with you as a learning experience, a conscious learning experience.

?

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Dreams [Re: Todcasil]
    #3283854 - 10/27/04 10:56 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

a dream is not a memory of past life, it is not anything like that,

A dream is just another manifestation of your minds ability to create its own reality. It draws on an inifinite storehouse of information, and from that information it creates a perceptual world, for you to explore.

What is the purpose of this bizarre and wonderfull experience? it is the same as the purpose of waking life. The dream world contains lessons, experiences, joys and terrors unending. It is its own reason for being.

Wonder not why it happens, but rather what it can do for you. Just as in waking life you should not obsess about the whys but rather enjoy, experience, live to the fullest, so should you dream to the fullest.

Learn to lucid dream, learn creative dreaming, above all learn to remember your dreams. In this way you take full advantage of the amazing storehouse of experience that your mind is providing for you.

Many of the lessons you learn from dreams carry over to waking life.

In fact, the final lesson is that the differance between the two is an illusion

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

#3284001 - 10/27/04 11:35 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Dreams are random electric firings of the brain. They have no meaning. It is similiar to defragging a computer.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Dreams [Re: spud]
    #3284074 - 10/27/04 11:54 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Dreams are your thought when you are dead!

:confused: :thumbup:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Dreams [Re: spud]
    #3284128 - 10/27/04 12:08 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Between the conscious and the unconscious mind there is a link but really it is only one mind. Where we act out our roles is the part of mind that we are calling conscious; and we can see what we do, and seem to think volitionally, we compose what we are going to say etc.

When we compose what we are going to say, what is referred to as unconscious mind heavily comes into play helping us judge what ?feels right?. In this way conscious and unconscious are very closely coupled. The unconscious acts continuously like an echo chamber ? personal acoustics only.

One mind.

During sleep, images from the day sift and mind tries to consolidate them with other experience using the same intimacy as it ?feels out? what should be said while awake.

Connections that are made during dreaming become association engrams and thus move into the material of self for future ?feels right? testing of various issues that may arise ? part of the wall, part of the personal acoustics.

Memory is the wall ? we put new experiences into our wall of memory, our wall of self, from our wall of memory comes habit ? roles and judgment.

Dreaming is the process of the walls-of-self accepting new memory into the experience-echo-chamber.

What is most odd is that many dreams seem to be about something other than the fixation of the new memory, but in fact they are the shape of the wall itself absorbing the new life experiences. We come away from them feeling parts of our wall resonating meaningfully.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineWhiteRussian
The Silence islouder then youthink
Loc: In your head :P
Re: Dreams [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3284337 - 10/27/04 12:48 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

dreams are funny

--------------------
aaaaaahhhhh

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Dreams [Re: WhiteRussian]
    #3284355 - 10/27/04 12:52 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"Dreams are random electric firings of the brain. They have no meaning. It is similiar to defragging a computer"

this is called the activation-synthesis theory of dreaming, and i dont agree with it. I wonder, how can you reconcile this idea with the phenomenon of lucid dreaming?

that is, if its just a bunch of images and sounds thrown up by random firings in the brain, how is it possible to become concious in this state and intentionally alter aspects of the dream, even conciously choose a new dream location and go there? and how do these firings, if they are totally random, manage to manifest as coherent stories and narratives?

it is my thinking that if it was truly random, we wouldnt see things like rooms and recognizable locations with people and animals moving around in them, we wouldnt see coherent or even semi coherent 'plots' , we would just have a bunch of colours sounds and fragmented visions flashing randomly.

But that is not the case, at least for me

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3284378 - 10/27/04 12:58 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

for your dream you could be resonating with your own simmilarity to dad, or to some aspect of dad or fathering, your wall may have an openning (readiness) for a female (or even a beautiful creative program/machine) that may like D-names or B-names, this dream is the fabric of your mind expressing its echo effect, or shape upon your life as it is today.

so what's new?

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: Dreams [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3284445 - 10/27/04 01:13 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

We don't analyze consensual waking reality while asleep.

So why try to analyze our dreams while awake?

They are both 'illusions', but one is much more convincing and will cancel the illusion of the other. This doesn't mean this one is more real.

Like moonshoe said, it's all experience either way. It's all sensory information (whether assumed to be "real" or "imaginary") that is being fed into your conscious observation. Enjoy it :cool:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom