Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
Indefatigueable myc/the komeback kidd
    #3282810 - 10/27/04 02:21 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

HEY!  Check this!  So, this jar (and another) were contamed with several different growths.  There were a few colors, and they were not mycellium.  I injected 60 ml of 50% bleach/water.  Shook the fuckers around.  A day later, shook them again.  I was going to empty them, but forgot them as they were isolated.  Then, I started seeing growth again.  Now, I'm pretty damn sure this is mycellium.  How bizarre! 
Just to add this for others, who might give a prayer-shot to their jars.  I'm going to try to spoon off the mycellium-colonized popcorn to manure.  Is there any reason to think that, if the mycellium has re-asserted itself, there will be anything wrong with using those grains for spawn? 
Thanks vets!  :thumbup: :grin:

GB

PIC: 

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Indefatigueable myc/the komeback kidd [Re: GnuBobo]
    #3282914 - 10/27/04 03:17 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

It looks mycish but I still don't think its myc. I still wouldnt eat it if it came off there but you'd probably have a 99-99.99% chance of surviving in my non-expert opinion :smile:

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleGnuBobo
 User Gallery

Re: Indefatigueable myc/the komeback kidd [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3282933 - 10/27/04 03:26 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Dude, Scatmanrav, I bow to your opinion. :bow:
I will, however, 99.99% guarantee the fuzz is true myc.  It is consuming things, as well as contaminant colors.  I just want to know if, things are bright-white myc, then they are okay?  Sorry, man.  Yer very good help/people. I'm offamy gourd on voddy. 
:cheers:

GB

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3282945 - 10/27/04 03:33 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah see the thing is, no one knows if they'll be alright. Theres no guarentees. This hasn't been done before. And just because its white and spreading doesnt mean its myc. It seems to be growing just over the grains and not in between the way myc does. Obviously you have a better view of them then me :wink: It was just what I think of it still..gotta have my opinion down for the record when we get to the end of this and you either got mushrooms or no mushrooms :smile:

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

InvisibleGnuBobo
 User Gallery

Re: Indefatigueable myc/the komeback kidd [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3282971 - 10/27/04 03:45 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

PLZEEZE! :blush: :grin:
Mary-Kate and Asheley Olson: "I'm the Cute one!"  :tongue:
Totally, man.  I just want to see how things go.  I'm pretty sure things are all about mycellium.  I was just wondering if others had seen this.  Moreover, I was wondering if dead growths of a given mold that were colonized, as food, by mycellium, would the mycellium be okay to use for spawn?
People say, "NO!  Don't use a myc/grain spawn that's been compromised. "
But I think that, if the contams don't grow anymore after a bleaching, and the myc takes over, I see no reason why this myc is somehow "compromised."]
Please, I am really not trying to start any shit.  I want to learn.  This is a  very honest question. 
Thanks!  :grin: :thumbup:

GB

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3283018 - 10/27/04 04:21 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I know, I'm just telling you, no one knows. Some people claim it does. There are theories saying yes it could draw in chemicals. There are people who don't believe these. Neither are known to be true, I understand the honest question its just that if myc took over after a bleaching, no one knows if they are safe or not. They could absorb the chemicals and then the shrooms absord them from the myc. If you believe that. I think that they would be ok..but there is always the small chance which would be enough for me, personally, not to eat them..well anyways I'll let you be now and let you maybe get some answers from some other people. Don't be surprised if you don't get much though..its just not a question that has a solid answer.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck