Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineholographic mind
veteran

Re: THC Crystals [Re: egolesss]
    #330813 - 05/31/01 03:38 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

My posts do not contradict each other. I meant "I have eaten raw weed and it DIDN'T work." THC-acid is much less active than THC because it is not absorbed as fast. If you eat enough raw weed it will work, but you have to eat significantly less "cooked" weed to achieve the same effects.

Example; cannabutter made from ten grams of kind used to make brownies. the brownies are divided into ten equal size pieces. hypothetically each brownie is equivalent to a gram of weed. Eating just one of these brownies would be equivelant to eating 5-10 grams of raw weed IF NOT MORE.

egoless being respectable entails admitting when you are wrong.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFloydian
veteran
Re: THC Crystals [Re: holographic mind]
    #331150 - 05/31/01 10:32 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, I agree completely holographic mind. The times in which I have eaten raw buds have only been out of the need to conceal evidence. I would have much rather made some butter or smoked those buds and gotten much higher off of them. I was just trying to dispell the believe that eating raw buds doesn't work at all. It does work but you would be a fool to waste buds by eating them raw to get high.

"I hate to say this, but this place is getting to me. I think I'm getting the Fear."

--------------------
Don't squeeze the pancake batter

Offlineegolesss
veteran
    #331157 - 05/31/01 10:40 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I'm not admitting to being wrong, raw weed will get you high, one favorite recipe is to remove stems, chop weed very fine and whip it into 3/4 peanut butter and 1/4 jelly mixture...spead on bread.....I agree buttter works very, very good, but nice kind has a wonderful taste and butter gets nausiating after awhile........

Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy.....

--------------------
Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy....All spores are not created equal!!!!!!!!!!! Sporeworks, Hawkseye, PF, they are completely viable with very strong genetics.

Offlineholographic mind
veteran

#331208 - 05/31/01 11:42 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

dude egoless spreading cannabutter on toast is not a great way to consume it, using the green butter to cook with is the way to go. i can understand getting sick of eating butter but only a dumb ass would eat butter straight. also eating raw buds does not taste good it taste bitter and nasty.

Offlineegolesss
veteran
    #332004 - 06/01/01 10:39 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Are you like the shroomeries version of Rainman? I didn't mean eat staight butter...LOL.........

--------------------
Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy....All spores are not created equal!!!!!!!!!!! Sporeworks, Hawkseye, PF, they are completely viable with very strong genetics.

OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over
    #332084 - 06/02/01 12:45 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Man, holographic mind, you're a weird guy. Thinking your opinions rule over everyone else's, or something. "Weed doesn't taste good, it tastes bitter and nasty"
Too bad for you. Myself and many others happen to enjoy its awesome taste.

Is adult entertainment killing our children? Or is killing our children entertaining adults? -Marilyn Manson

OfflineOuterSpace
journeyman
Loc: USA
    #332181 - 06/02/01 04:14 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

just because YOU didn't get high from eating raw bud, doesn't mean other people haven't, YOU does not hold true for EVERYONE, and myself eating raw DOES get ME high, and for the comment snorting the trichom., trichrom. are eseentially blond hash (keefe), and if you snorted them, i understand that the thc would not directly absorb through your mucus membrane, but where would the trichrom. eventually end up (assuming you don't blow your nose), it would combine with you mucus and drain into your stomach where it would be absorb and get you high! i never said it was the most effecient why of ingesting thc and it would take alot but it would probably work, and like i said in my first post WHY, when you can just smoke it!! about your theory on extarcting it with cannabutter and potency is increased 500-1000%, i've never heard of that in all my reading and it sounds like BS!

Edited by OuterSpace on 06/02/01 06:15 AM.

Offlineholographic mind
veteran

Re: THC Crystals [Re: OuterSpace]
    #332252 - 06/02/01 08:59 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

"about your theory on extarcting it with cannabutter and potency is increased 500-1000%, i've never heard of that in all my reading and it sounds like BS!"

It is not a theory it is actual fact. I said 5-10 times more potent and I will explain why. Heat decarboxylate cannabinoids. You didn't brother trying to comprehend what I was saying. Or maybe you were unable to understand what I was saying because of all of the multi-syllable words used. Either way it is factual. Cannabinoids in their acid form are inactive. The major percentage of cannabinoids in a given sample of grass are in acid-form. 4/5 to 9/10 of cannabinoids are in acid-form. The process of making "cannabutter" renders these cannabinoids from acid-to-neutral. This is also decarboxylation. Cannabutter is made by combining finely ground cannabis with butter in a pot of boiling water. The heat of the boiling water is what decarboxylates the cannabinoids and the fat in the butter absorbs them. Since, as I have already mentioned, 4/5-to-9/10 of overall cannabinoids contained within a given sample of properly handled cannabis are in acid-form, "cooked" cannabis is 5-10 times as potent as raw cannabis.

any questions?

Edited by holographic mind on 06/02/01 11:18 AM.

Offlineegolesss
veteran
    #333592 - 06/03/01 11:19 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

So, does this confirm the rainman thing?

--------------------

Offlineholographic mind
veteran

Re: THC Crystals [Re: Brugman]
    #333817 - 06/04/01 05:57 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

"Man, holographic mind, you're a weird guy. Thinking your opinions rule over everyone else's, or something. "Weed doesn't taste good, it tastes bitter and nasty"
Too bad for you. Myself and many others happen to enjoy its awesome taste.

Is adult entertainment killing our children? Or is killing our children entertaining adults? -Marilyn Manson"

I think you need to socialize more, maybe then it will be easier for you to udnerstand how people talk. If i was hanging out with egoless and he said, "i like the taste of weed it is good" and i said, "egoless no it is not. it is bitter and nasty" would I have to say, "in my opinion it is bitter and nasty" or do you think egoless would understand that I am an individual and I have my own opinions?

Offlineegolesss
veteran
    #334586 - 06/04/01 10:04 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

holo, if we were hanging out, getting stoned and that conversation took place it would be freak'in hilarious.............

--------------------

Offlineholographic mind
veteran

#334941 - 06/05/01 06:34 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

EgOlEsS don't be a queer.

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: THC Crystals [Re: narc monkey]
    #338673 - 06/11/01 09:54 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

actually THC in raw form would be an oil, it would have to be refined down to atleast one cannibanoid say Delta-9-THC and then reacted to form a salt either a HCL or SO4 salt to even get a crystal. Cannabutter is made because eating raw weed wouldn' do much since our stomachs are not as capable as others at breaking down the weed and getting THC out of it, so you'll feel something but not much, now if you're dog eats your stash, he's getting high, his stomach can more effectively process the raw matter and get THC out of it.

Offlinerh2000
Stranger
Re: THC Crystals [Re: GroYourOwn]
    #12735074 - 06/13/10 08:57 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

GroYourOwn said:
eating raw weed won't do much, if anything at all.

Not so. First time I tried it was some 25 years ago, and it wrecked me. :laugh:

OfflineDosile Kouki
derp

Loc: Paradise
Re: THC Crystals [Re: rh2000]
    #12735105 - 06/13/10 09:07 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

this may be unrelated to the thread but i think you can get the pure thc crystals from freezing leaves and buds in the freezer, and then once frozen rolling them over a silk screen so that all the crystals fall off, i think its how they make hash apparently.

--------------------

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State Flag
Re: THC Crystals [Re: Dosile Kouki]
    #12735264 - 06/13/10 10:03 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DosileFlynn said:
this may be unrelated to the thread but i think you can get the pure thc crystals from freezing leaves and buds in the freezer, and then once frozen rolling them over a silk screen so that all the crystals fall off, i think its how they make hash apparently.

most people use bubble bags instead of a screen but yeah you got the right idea.

you can also use the trash air buds and trim to make edibles.

--------------------

Offlineemeraldlife88
Emerald

Re: THC Crystals [Re: Dosile Kouki]
    #12735269 - 06/13/10 10:08 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

This is very interesting because I am also under the impression THC and other cannabinoids must be heated in order to be active! I suppose this does not need to be done. I have never eaten large quantities of pure dried marijuana, once I chewed down about half a dub, but it did nothing.
    I don't know much about the chemical world regarding marijuana, but I do know a snippit  of information that might help the discussion.
    When researching cannabis, I came to find that the reason THC is on the plant in the first place is as a defense mechanism against other organisms that might attack it (bugs and such). I suppose the insects will rub up against the plant, coming in contact with the THC, and then disperse. To me this means that the THC IS active in its raw form, because it does something to these insects to detract them. Of course, these insects are millions of times smaller than us, and also are very different creatures in all aspects! To them the THC probably causes disorientation and confusion, whereas to us, big, intelligent, humans, (not being egotistical), we simply feel the effects as calming and relaxing, although sometimes we do get a little confused or even anxiety from it too!! Could this be why? All in the nature of it? I believe so. This chemical, which is probably nearly toxic to these smaller creatures is not much on us.
  Therefore I believe you can get high from eating pure bud, but you would have to eat a ton of it to feel the effects. I suppose heating it might just make it a lot more active, plus taking it into the lungs allows it to hit the bloodstream a lot faster. It's all in the nature of it!

OfflineDosile Kouki
derp

Loc: Paradise
Re: THC Crystals [Re: emeraldlife88]
    #12738899 - 06/13/10 09:48 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

you can definately get high from eating marijuanna, thats how hash cookies and cakes with bud in them work. ive been high of eating weed b4 too, i ate 2 grams one time and was sort of a mellowy high but lasted for 2 days.

smoking gets u higher faster because it is absorbed straight into the blood stream from the lungs, it doesnt require heat for the drug to be active but its just quicker in getting into the blood stream when heat is applied a.k.a. smoked.

--------------------

Offlineimatree
Stranger
Male

Re: THC Crystals [Re: rh2000]
    #12739231 - 06/13/10 11:06 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

rh2000 said:
Quote:

GroYourOwn said:
eating raw weed won't do much, if anything at all.

Not so. First time I tried it was some 25 years ago, and it wrecked me. :laugh:

This thread is 9 years old.
GroYourOwn
Stranger
I don't think he'll see your reply.

Edited by imatree (06/13/10 11:10 PM)

Offlines240779
Male Unread Journal User Gallery
Re: THC Crystals [Re: Just a Punk]
    #18440910 - 06/19/13 04:37 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

It's not heat activated. It has to do with water content in the plant material...

Jan 5, 2012 | BadKittySmiles | http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/972992-do-you-need-use-heat-decarb.html#entry13357965

Quote:

Decarboxylation is just a step of the natural aging process...

The instant it's reasonably smoking-dry, your material is slowly decarbing, it is aging, first producing active THC, CBD, CBC,
and finally, it will produce the weaker and non-potent byproducts of degraded cannabinoids.

We use gentle heat, to speed up the natural process, but other means of dehydration can be used, such as freeze-drying.

The below are the first steps of the natural aging process, it doesn't happen all at once, but slowly, while the earliest cannabinoids
to become active, begin to degrade:

And the products of degradation (this can happen at room temp over the course of several months, or much more rapidly if:
too much dry heat is used during the decarb, or you fall asleep and forget your oil in the oven overnight!):

Some folks decarb using dry ice, and industrial freezers that reach sub-zero temps.

When hash has been sifted using dry ice, usually, you need to decarb much more briefly.

It takes up to several weeks with low humidity (depending how low) to decarb material in an average room, in the open air,
and during that time previously active material is subject to degradation.
But without utilizing liquid chromatography, you won't know whether it's finished on day 10 or day 30.

This is why we use gentle heat, industrial freezers, and low-temp dehydrators to initiate and almost-complete the decarb:
it creates a much smaller window, which improves your chances (without any available testing equipment) of decarbing
adequately, and any additional activation necessary, can occur much more gradually during the glandular breakdown while
somewhat protected in oil. :smile:

Hope this helps! :laugh:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals