Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Rye Grain, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedouble909
Stranger
fruiting problems and humidity
    #3280874 - 10/26/04 08:35 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Hello, I'm new at this so bear with me. I'm having problems getting my cakes to fruit. I'm using a Martha Stuart closet setup (with a cool mist and ultrasonic connected with hoses). I set it up unprepared and have been having problems ever since. I originally set up the ultra sonic humidifier inside the closet with a timer. I did this for 2 weeks, until I learned not to. During this time i had puddles on the bottom and droplets on the cake. Humidity was 98%, temp was 67. I had allot of pins and still do. some started growing but slowly. I cleaned the closet and rigged the humidifiers with hoses and still got slow results. I though raising the temp might speed things up. I set a space heater up outside he closet, and got the temp around 75-80. but the humidity dropped to 85%. As of now, I have the heater set to 75, cool mist 24-7, light 8 hrs, ultrasonic 5 Min's. every couple hours. and I'm at 85% humidity. I have harvested about 12 full size mushrooms, a dozen small(, a bunch of aborts allot of them rotted. I have pins and small ones(with white spots on caps), but not much growth, and maybe contaim(see pics). How can i raise the humidity, and keep the temp up. and do you still these cakes will still yield or did the water do something to them. thanks for any suggestions and i apologize for the length of my question.

Edited by double909 (10/26/04 11:58 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: fruiting problems and humidity [Re: double909]
    #3282824 - 10/27/04 04:32 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I think your just expecting to much out of your cakes. You should try rye casings..you'd be much happier. Cakes in the right conditions with the right strains can do well but some strains can easily do pitiful on cakes even in good conditions.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Rye Grain, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation