Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFalco
The Dark Cowboy

Cultivation Advice
    #3280099 - 10/26/04 03:19 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Ok, me and two friends have been planning to cultivate mushrooms, and we were going to use this tek http://www.fungifun.org/pf/pf_en.htm

I recently found some jars that already have materials ready for cultivation and have been steralized. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ssPageName=WDVW

Not sure if that link works or not but hope it does

I know that I could save some money by doing it myself, but I don't mind paying a little more. Do you think that those jars that are ready for the spores would work as well as doing it myself.What would you guys recommend I do.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Cultivation Advice [Re: Falco]
    #3280127 - 10/26/04 03:25 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

A. Stay away from ebay for mushroom stuff in general, so many ripoffs

B. Secondly, those are bird seed jars. And you have no idea if they're really sterile. I wouldn't take the chance. especially after shipping.

Lastly, making your own jars is very, very little work. Just buy the verm and brown rice. Mix with water, and put in jars with some dry verm on top. Sure, you'll have to sterilize, but I would sterilize anything from some random dude off ebay as well

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
    #3280133 - 10/26/04 03:26 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I thought WBS wasn't really good for fruiting. I don't know that much about WBS, yet, though.

But I'd resterilize those jars anyways... I don't think I want to put much faith in stranger's work, especially from e-bay.

Oh.. another off topic question.. would this be considered "adult material" by paypal standard?

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Offlinecougercruiser
reality is whatyou make it~

Re: Cultivation Advice [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3280166 - 10/26/04 03:31 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

take elgr advise! i was just like you a week and half ago, i bought some spores off ebay and got burned for my money luckley i had paypal get my money back!i just started my first batch using the same thread to grow my b+ spores, her is a site to get some jars for cheap, http://www.specialtybottle.com/?referrer=adwords i got mine from her for about $14 and that including shipping there great, so far only 1 contam but my house is hella small and dirty so good luck bud. :penis:

OfflineFalco
The Dark Cowboy

#3280200 - 10/26/04 03:40 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Ok cool. Thanks for the advice guys. I have some questions about cultivating too. What steps should I take besides not touching the cakes to prevent contamination, and how necessary is a PC for sterilizing. Can I do anything else to sterilize? And finally, what site do you think would be best to order spores from?

Edited by Falco (10/26/04 03:42 PM)

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
    #3280314 - 10/26/04 04:16 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hey m8, I havenot been growing mushrooms yet but I am READING much, on this site and on other places.
My advice to you is READ! Read the PF TEK !
Search the postings here and look under: Mushroominfo > Growing mushrooms in the menu at the top of this page..
And so on and so on! :grin:

Good luck :thumbup:,
MF

--------------------

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Cultivation Advice [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3280350 - 10/26/04 04:24 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

cougercruiser

Glad to hear that paypal helped you out of that mess, but in the future I would AVOID making sure payments with them. If they deem it inappropriate (which in this case its more than probable to happen at some point), you'll be charged 500 dollars. Just a warning about their new regulations.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Offlinecougercruiser
reality is whatyou make it~

Re: Cultivation Advice [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3280487 - 10/26/04 04:53 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

thanks but i dont deal with ebay no mores.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck