Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineComfortablyNumb8
innerspaceastronaut
What did I do wrong?
    #3276857 - 10/25/04 08:04 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Last night I expierenced my first trip on mushrooms.
I injested this:

at 11:30 pm.

Within about 20 minutes I was starting to feel the effects and they became strongest after about an hour and a half (1:00am) It was beauftiful, I was relaxed, calm, enjoying myself, and the music. At about 2:30am I decided that I would lie down. Before I did this I smoked a bowl (marijuana) in my glass pipe. At this point I still had music on and was in an even better state than before. The entire time my mind was all over the place, I would get caught up in these loops of thought that eventually spat me out right where I had started. I was enjoying the mental stimulation. After about 10 minutes lying down, eyes closed enjoying the thoughts and images in my mind. I decided to turn out the lights and as well, the music.

This is where everything went wrong. Without music and light, with my eyes closed I was left with only my thoughts. The funny thing was at this point I was thinking about nothing in perticular but over the course of about half an hour a series of patterned noises and even music slowly began getting louder and louder in my head until it was so loud and I began to feel sick. I opened my eyes everything was changing size, closing in around me, I couldn't focus, the sounds in my head grew louder and louder. I ran to the toilet and threw up (just a little) The next hour was spent fighting off the negative energy growing in my mind, and still to this point I have no idea what could have brought this on. I just wanted it all to end. eventually I calmed down with the aid of some calm music and I fell asleep around about 4:00 am.

Can anyone please help me understand what sent me into this bad trip? What caused my mind to do what it did?
How can I avoid this in the future?

--------------------
"You lost your name and your body and your self and you just didn't care"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinekLaWsRauGHt
Seeker of innertruth
Male

Re: What did I do wrong? [Re: ComfortablyNumb8]
    #3276918 - 10/25/04 08:15 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

hmmm.. the only i can recomend to you is to not fight against anything.. mushrooms cant do you any harm.. so just go with the flow even if the flow isnt going with you ^^;
try again.. perhaps a day trip would be better.. out doors are great on shrooms! good luck

--------------------
"I love the expansiveness of thought, i detest the morbidity of the mind"

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3276939 - 10/25/04 08:18 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Don't fight it, don't fight it, don't fight it, don't fight it, don't fight it, don't fight it, don't fight it, don't fight it, don't fight it, don't fight it.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineTeKn0
†hè
Male User Gallery

Loc: ŵįţĥįń ? ?ŧąţĩ�...
    #3277378 - 10/25/04 10:11 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, what ^^^^^^ Said.
You gotta let yourself go completely and not fear it, don't fear anything, just accept it and let yourself melt into eternity.

--------------------
Listen, or your tongue will keep you deaf. :wink:
ŦēҜй? - ??ĜįĈ?? ҒűČҝĮńĜ ?đVǻŃčЄмЄńŦ

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: What did I do wrong? [Re: TeKn0]
    #3277408 - 10/25/04 10:19 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

You ingested a quarter? :blah:

--------------------
Agent 727

OfflineComfortablyNumb8
innerspaceastronaut
Re: What did I do wrong? [Re: MAGnum]
    #3277466 - 10/25/04 10:36 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Thank you for the advice.

One more thing, can anyone give any insight as to how all this tension just began building in my head, after 2 hours of having a magnificant trip?

--------------------

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: What did I do wrong? [Re: MAGnum]
    #3277475 - 10/25/04 10:38 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

You ingested a quarter? 

:shroomer:

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

OfflineComfortablyNumb8
innerspaceastronaut
Re: What did I do wrong? [Re: Civ]
    #3277505 - 10/25/04 10:47 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

size reference...

:thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: What did I do wrong? [Re: gdman]
    #3277564 - 10/25/04 11:01 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

gdman said:
Don't fight it, don't fight it, don't fight it, don't fight it, don't fight it, don't fight it, don't fight it, don't fight it, don't fight it, don't fight it.

OfflineBlueOrb
prototype
Loc: The fourth dimension
Re: What did I do wrong? [Re: MOTH]
    #3278349 - 10/26/04 05:03 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Just the way it goes sometimes!

--------------------
"They are trying to build a prison, for you and me to live in"

Offlinearbalest
wut kent?
Male

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
    #3278467 - 10/26/04 06:45 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I have never tripped on shrooms before, although I will be in the near future thanks to the help of the great people here at the shroomery. :smile:

But anyway, I would think that the sudden change of no music and light would be the obvious answer. This may not be so for experienced trippers, but since it was your first time you probably found it hard to deal with I guess.

Like I said, I havent experienced the great shroom trip before, but I would suggest next time, that if your feeling so good with the music and light, then keep it on for a bit longer if possible.

I dont know if that helped at all.

Offlinedruqks46
its dat woowoo
Loc: trees
    #3279925 - 10/26/04 02:35 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
Quote:

gdman said:

the first rule with mush. :smile: well. my rule atleast.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: What did I do wrong? [Re: druqks46]
    #3279941 - 10/26/04 02:38 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah. It took me awhile to figure that one out for myself though. Now it's a mantra.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #3279954 - 10/26/04 02:43 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Flow with a trip like you are floating down stream in a raft.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3280009 - 10/26/04 02:56 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Dang, that doesn't even look like a gram. Either those were extra potent or you have a very low tolerance.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: What did I do wrong? [Re: Swami]
    #3280143 - 10/26/04 03:27 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

You kinda set yourself up for that one by turning off all the lights and music..if you don't give yourself something to focus on, it will all turn inward, and people are frightened by that. I know this term is thrown around a lot on here, but it sounds like you were in the first stages of ego-loss. It's a scary thing, but it's best if you don't fight against it. They won't hurt you, might as well just let go.

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: What did I do wrong? [Re: Hendostan]
    #3281699 - 10/26/04 08:58 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah. It really was the lack of music. Trips can get intense if you have nothing to focus on but your thoughts. And that's not saying that music will remove thoughts; that's not what happens. But music will let you FOCUS on something else, and the music will kind of conduct your thoughts. It works alot better. All of the really wierd trips I've ever had were without music. All the great trips had music (except for one..but it had it's own reasons).

Music really does help. And if you turn it off, then I would probably just try to lay down and don't try to control your own thoughts at all. Don't talk. Don't do anything. Just lay..and trip.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

InvisibleTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

Loc: In a Van Down By the Rive...
Re: What did I do wrong? [Re: freddurgan]
    #3281806 - 10/26/04 09:16 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

dont really know what to say, just do as all the above say, try not to fight it, just try to chill out the best you can when it happens...  i never have had a bad trip that i can think of, i just have a bad habit of thinking about all the negatives in my life and bumming out and thinking that i will quit doing drugs and get my life straight, then the next weekend im tryin to score drugz...  :nut:

InvisibleMushie_Man
Fuck Up

Loc: UK
    #3284593 - 10/27/04 01:53 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

once i tripped at night on my own in a room with no lights just music (nirvana) and my computer, i came up pretty quick on about 25g - 30g fresh. The first few hours were great, i was laughing at everything an anything, even it wasn't even remotely funny, but after the first 2- 3 hours things suddenly changed, i got scared, music started making no sense, nothing made sense, i couldn't think straight nor read. Then things got real fucked up everything echoed it was quite an it was real freaky and quite psychotic. after a while i threw em up *UN-voluntary* and then i stopped tripping. The thing about when i trip is that i get the buzz for a few hours but then the buzz wears off and I'm just left tripping with noting to full back on, such as empathy or any shit like that, it ain't good. The best thing you can do at this point or any any point is not to panic nor be afraid, that was the mistake i made, i got scared, panicked and got fucked up. But that was when i was alot less experienced. But like i say just don't panic and take it as it comes, theres no better advice than that :smile:

.. The mushroom is unpredictable.

--------------------
Ecstacy got me standing next to you
Getting sentimental as fuck spillin' guts to you
We just met
But I think I'm in love with you
But you're on it too
So you tell me you love me too
Wake up in the morning like "yo, what the fuck we do?"

OfflineWannasub
Stranger
Loc: South Australia
Re: What did I do wrong? [Re: Mushie_Man]
    #3288714 - 10/28/04 10:31 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Smoking cannabis while shrooming can be very daunting for a first time user if you dont know what to expect...especially if severe depersonalisation kicks in. It can be heaven on the other hand if you can controll it. The advice given by others here is very good.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals