Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Impulse Sealer, Mycobags

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
some randominternet dude

Loc: The Dark Tower
no impulse sealer no worries...
    #3279388 - 10/26/04 02:30 PM (12 years, 1 day ago)

... so I had an idea today. How about using an iron to seal mycobags. My friend has my impulse sealer right now and Im workin on some bulk stuff so I thought Id give it a try. I know these things are expensive so I thought Id post this for some broke peeps that want air tight mycobags.

heres what ya do.

Start warming up your iron super hot, no steam necissary. Lay out a clean towel, that you dont mind possibly getting gunked up. steralize the hell out of the area as usual. lay out a piece of heavy duty aluminum foil on top of the towel, just enough to fold over the top of the bag where you want to seal. now after youve done your grain transfer or liquid inoculation, fold the top of your bag several times, small folds or even roll it a bit. place the edge to be sealed on the foil and fold the foil over the edge. now iron over the foil several times. let it cool before you try to remove the foil or just leave the foil on. This can be done under a hood or in conjunction with the oven tek to limit possibilities for contams. I just tried it out and it worked perfectly.

hope this helps someone out

Anjaba said:
Oh shit, don't drink it.... It would eat away your esophagus...
mantis said:
Leave me out of this pissing contest, you fascist wang-dang-doodle!
Hattori Hanzo said:
If on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut

Edited by beejay (10/26/04 02:45 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
The Dude'sImaginary Friend
 Arcade Champion: Radial Snake

Loc: The Yard
Re: no impulse sealer no worries... [Re: beejay]
    #3279632 - 10/26/04 03:34 PM (12 years, 1 day ago)

Some people have recommended just using several paper clips or some kind of metal tie to just temporarily close it for pasteur/steril ization. Then you can open it an use it without cutting it. This also allows for reuse because those damn things are pretty expensive.

"my brain waves travel at half the speed afta we..." -del tha funkee

"Two men looked out through prison bars...one saw the mud, one saw the stars." -anonymous

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Impulse Sealer, Mycobags

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation