Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineShroomFan
nn dmt

TRIPPING FROM LOVE (REPORT)
    #3279211 - 10/26/04 01:52 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I was visiting the love of my life up in NY. I live in Florida. We went to Jersey and were just all hangin out with another couple in a hotel room. We drank some smoked some. At one point me and her reached a peak in the love and spiritual connection with each other to the point where it felt as if we transcended this world and were stuck in a "New Place"
    Everything seemed so foreign. The cell phone next to us, everything like we were aliens. I felt as if I was stuck in this new found knowledge (almost knowing too much) and wanted to run a million miles an hour but at the same time just wanted to stand still. I felt that me and her were in our own "Bubble" as Ive read many trip reports on this, we didnt want to break the bubble. We tried getting to the bottom of it and came up with many poignant theories and explanations. I will update this soon when I talk to her again. Needless to say it felt like we were tripping. Me and her have experienced extremes of consciousness with each other. OUr emotions making love for example.
    Just curious if anyone has ever had this happen with a loved one.

THANK YOU.  :wink:  Oh we ended up breaking out of the realm because a friend of hers in another hotel was begging us too come over and once we got there we touched back to life..back to reality.

--------------------
Fellow Shroomerites, if you Love expressing yourself with a dope tee shirt feast your 3rd eye on www.facebook.com/vicereversa
∞ Conscious Clothing for Conscious Minds ∞ Wear a tee , open a mind
Each shirt is spawned to Arouse Awareness <> We believe in Sustainability & Giving back <> Do you know of a community project or persons in need you feel deserves attention? - Tell us on our page And we just might pick the story > develop a tee > and donate the proceeds to that cause. ∞♥∞ Unget it, VICE REVERSA

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: TRIPPING FROM LOVE (REPORT) [Re: ShroomFan]
    #3280808 - 10/26/04 08:17 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Foreign like a Foreigner belt?

I'm guessing it wasn't set on Loverboy

--------------------
GET MAD SWAG MONEY BIG PIMPIN

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: TRIPPING FROM LOVE (REPORT) [Re: Wysefool]
    #3280964 - 10/26/04 08:54 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Wysefool said:
Foreign like a Foreigner belt?

I'm guessing it wasn't set on Loverboy

You're hot blooded!

Sorry, I have nothing intelligent to add to this post :smile:

OfflineShroomFan
nn dmt

Re: TRIPPING FROM LOVE (REPORT) [Re: DNKYD]
    #3281388 - 10/26/04 10:07 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

when your cold as ice

--------------------
Fellow Shroomerites, if you Love expressing yourself with a dope tee shirt feast your 3rd eye on www.facebook.com/vicereversa
Each shirt is spawned to Arouse Awareness <> We believe in Sustainability & Giving back <> Do you know of a community project or persons in need you feel deserves attention? - Tell us on our page And we just might pick the story > develop a tee > and donate the proceeds to that cause. ∞♥∞ Unget it, VICE REVERSA

OfflineShroomFan
nn dmt

#3282668 - 10/27/04 03:05 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

aww come on all these views and no replies was my situation that unique

--------------------

Offlinequarkyquasar
Happy FluffyBunny

Loc: NorCaL
    #3282674 - 10/27/04 03:08 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I trip and fall on my ass as she kicks my lazy behind out the door...does that count?

Invisibletrick

Loc: unknown
Re: TRIPPING FROM LOVE (REPORT) [Re: quarkyquasar]
    #3282691 - 10/27/04 03:15 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

i've never gotten high or anything with a lover but i get high with lifelong friends, whom i love. there is a spiritual connection going on but i guess the experience with a lover would be even greater because of the compassion. i feel like i've grown greater bonds with my friends who have tripped with me...

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
Re: TRIPPING FROM LOVE (REPORT) [Re: trick]
    #3282957 - 10/27/04 05:36 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

A person high on cocaine has the same brain activity as a person in 'love'

InvisibleSuper_Blunt
Candyman
 User Gallery

Re: TRIPPING FROM LOVE (REPORT) [Re: faslimy]
    #3282962 - 10/27/04 05:39 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

faslimy im pretty sure when you're high on cocaine, your brain activity is not the same as a person in love? it depletes your dopamine  :devil: makes you a savage caveman, ugh.

--------------------

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
Re: TRIPPING FROM LOVE (REPORT) [Re: Super_Blunt]
    #3282976 - 10/27/04 05:47 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I read it in an article once, they tested it with scientific instruments (not saying thats proof) Something to do with brainwaves and frequencies.. The euphoric feelings you get when you love something is just your brain doing the dopamine thing and tricking you.. like all emotions they are just human perceptions given words/meanings which are no more than that, words.

InvisibleSuper_Blunt
Candyman
 User Gallery

#3282980 - 10/27/04 05:51 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

You get the same euphoric effect from taking cocaine and from taking a shit. And I've had experience with both, and damn are they good feelings :devil:

--------------------

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
    #3282982 - 10/27/04 05:51 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Why do you think people get so attached to loved ones?

InvisibleSuper_Blunt
Candyman
 User Gallery

#3282983 - 10/27/04 05:52 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I don't know never experienced this feeling before, what do you call it -- l--o-ve? - i only know hate :devil:

--------------------

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
    #3282989 - 10/27/04 05:55 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Tell me some things that you hate

InvisibleSuper_Blunt
Candyman
 User Gallery

#3282990 - 10/27/04 05:57 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

cereal, and well sticky juice boxes, and putting my hands in a cold freezer i hate that alot too. Is it a sin to hate these things?  :heartpump:

--------------------

InvisibleSuper_Blunt
Candyman
 User Gallery

#3282992 - 10/27/04 05:58 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I also hate FUCKING rubbing your hand up against the ice in the freezer like the back of the palm of your hand getting scratched, I really hate that  :evil:

--------------------

Offlinedmtrypr
psychonauticalengineer

Loc: Florida
    #3283276 - 10/27/04 09:48 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

"read it in an article once, they tested it with scientific instruments (not saying thats proof) Something to do with brainwaves and frequencies.. The euphoric feelings you get when you love something is just your brain doing the dopamine thing and tricking you.. like all emotions they are just human perceptions given words/meanings which are no more than that, words."

If you choose to marginalize your experiences by saying that its all a trick and that nothing is real, then that is your choice, however, do not be so sure that the same holds true for anybody else. I have done cocaine, several hundred times over the past 7-8 yrs. I have also been in love and have had love for friends and family. There is nothing, I mean NOTHING similar in any way shape or form between the two. While cocaine feels mildly euphoric for 20min or so and degrades into anxiety and a addictive need for more drug, love is utterly satisfying. When I am in the presence of the object of my affection, there is a resonance of energy and a sharing of the essence of life. The feeling of upliftment, joy, and happiness, all wrapped up in indefinable peace is the peak of human experience. Coke, on the other hand, was the lowest point in my life, not the same. If it was possible to find "love" in a drug, that would be found in extacy, but that is still only a fleeting thing, and once the drug wears off, the feeling disappears. When you love another being there is a feeling that never goes away. It speaks of a deeper, subtle bond that defies explanation. You desire the best for this person regardless of whether or not you have something to gain. You literally trancend normal reality and enter into a state of suspended judgment and are able to truly "be" yourself. There is no natural advantage to a feeling that would cause you to forget about "resource accumulation" and put yourself potentially in harm's way (due to the "bubble" effect of being in your own little universe). You can feel free to expound/challenge this, but it doesn't take anything away from what I have allready and continue to experience. You gain nothing by saying/trying to believe that love is an illusion, because it is the only thing that's real. You have everything to gain by opening yourself up to love, and have nothing to lose except an old idea. Exercise your free will and try a new idea. Maybe, "the experience" is valid, maybe the mind itself is a challenge we have to overcome, maybe you have thought not completely wrong, but not right either. Enter into the knoweledge of "feeling" and you will know that the heart speaks the truth.

--------------------
"There is no greater power in heaven and earth than the thought of the son of man. Though unseen by the eyes of the body,yet each thought has mighty strength, even such strength can shake the heavens." -Gospel of the Essenes

OfflineShroomFan
nn dmt

Re: TRIPPING FROM LOVE (REPORT) [Re: dmtrypr]
    #3283536 - 10/27/04 11:26 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

^MVP (most valuable post) Me and my girl really thought that described US the best

--------------------

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
    #3285643 - 10/27/04 07:18 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I'm very openminded but I have never experienced 'love'. I've had a lot of people try and tell me about their love and it usually sounds the same.

I mean, I could easily say I love cacti beause I think they are an amazing superior life form and I spend all my time with them. You say love is a feeling that never goes away.. what does that even mean? I can think of so many examples I've witnessed of people who love something one day because it's convenient for them and the next day something happens and the "love" is gone.

Love reminds me of religion, it has good intentions but theres a bigger picture and it can be counterproductive.

Offlinedmtrypr
psychonauticalengineer

Loc: Florida
    #3292841 - 10/29/04 08:47 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I understand more clearly now what you were saying. There are many things that people label as "love" which are more akin to affection, lust, admiration, adoration, etc. These things, I agree are possible detriments to one's self and are not encompassing of the big picture. True love, of the type that I attempted to explain in my previous post, has to be personally experienced in order to be "known". It is not an intellectual concept and defies our ability to analytically divide things into component parts. True love, like beauty is a subjective thing, but when it is experienced first-hand, it is immediately recognized as something innate. This is a quote from Khalil Gibran's "The Prophet" that I think is appropriate...

"But if in your fear you would seek only love's peace and love's pleasure,
Then it is better for you that you cover your nakedness and pass out of love's threshing-floor,
Into the seasonless world where you shall laugh, but not all of your laughter, and weep, but not all of your tears.
Love gives naught but itself and takes naught but from itself.
Love possesses not nor would it be possessed;
For love is sufficient unto love."

(For those interested, Gibran's works can be found @ http://leb.net/gibran/)

--------------------
"There is no greater power in heaven and earth than the thought of the son of man. Though unseen by the eyes of the body,yet each thought has mighty strength, even such strength can shake the heavens." -Gospel of the Essenes

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience