Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinephantasm
DXM GURU
Just a randome question? for some scientists
    #3275506 - 10/25/04 01:57 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i was just wondering not that my D in chemistry would allow me to do this but : is it possible to convert LSA to LSD ?? just something i was thinking about

thanks
-mike

--------------------
Only God Grows Amanita Muscaria

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejent
enchanted wizardof rhythm
Re: Just a randome question? for some scientists [Re: phantasm]
    #3275593 - 10/25/04 02:22 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

possible but not if you got a d in chemistry...i would not attempt it at all

--------------------
the jent

Offlinephantasm
DXM GURU
Re: Just a randome question? for some scientists [Re: jent]
    #3277010 - 10/25/04 08:34 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

thus why i said i was just wondering and not planning on attempting it it was hypothetical

-mike

--------------------

Offlinesublime40oz
Traveler
Loc: Florida
    #3277159 - 10/25/04 09:06 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

From what I remember yes, it is possible, but I don't believe it is any easier than starting from ergot. Get that D up to a C and your in business, lol.

--------------------
Beyond the gray sky

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #3277162 - 10/25/04 09:07 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Possible in theory.. But I dont think the process has ever been recorded from legit sources..

InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

Re: Just a randome question? for some scientists [Re: Legoulash]
    #3277168 - 10/25/04 09:09 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

It's possible but the defatting and extraction of LSA from seeds is an extremely large pain in the ass.

The synths are out there.

Offlinephantasm
DXM GURU
Re: Just a randome question? for some scientists [Re: Ayrios]
    #3277181 - 10/25/04 09:12 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

lets just say my chemistry grade wont ever get higher i passed with a D but i never did anything cooked chicken on a bunsan burner so yeah no hope for me ill stick to letting god grow the plants for me and buying my acid from freinds

-mike

--------------------

Offlinehermanntrude
Stranger

#3278432 - 10/26/04 06:12 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

not too hard. one step synthesis. I would look up similar reactions and give it a go, if i had the starting materials and my own, un-supervised lab :0) which i dont

probably just treat it with bromo- or iodo-ethane

--------------------

Edited by hermanntrude (10/26/04 06:14 AM)

InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

Re: Just a randome question? for some scientists [Re: hermanntrude]
    #3278513 - 10/26/04 07:32 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

It's a much bigger deal than that. No one starts with pure LSA.

Offlinearbalest
wut kent?
Male

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
    #3278529 - 10/26/04 07:46 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

With LSA, I'm not 100% sure whether the LSA stands for Lysergic Acid Amide as a single substance, but I assumed it meant Lysergic Acid Amides, as in a range of similar substances. So if you did extract it and it was a range of substances, there would be no guarantee that the reactions it would have to undertake would turn it all into Lysergic Acid Diethylamide. But like I said, I'm not 100% sure on this.

I'm very good at chemistry (I'm not trying to boast) and although it probably could be done by people who dont know much chemistry at all, I wouldn't reccomend trying to make any chemically synthetic substances unless you have some kind of degree which allows you to understand exactly what you are doing to the molecules.

There are synthesises out there, I guess you could try, but its your responsibility.

Hope I helped. :smile:

InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

Re: Just a randome question? for some scientists [Re: arbalest]
    #3278636 - 10/26/04 08:36 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

arbalest said:
I'm very good at chemistry (I'm not trying to boast) and although it probably could be done by people who dont know much chemistry at all, I wouldn't reccomend trying to make any chemically synthetic substances unless you have some kind of degree which allows you to understand exactly what you are doing to the molecules

Once again, that's not true. It's not an easy procedure. That's why you have a handful of people making LSD and none of us have ever known anyone firsthand. I'm sure most of us on the other hand have known an amphetamine chemist or an herb/mushroom grower.

Offlinesublime40oz
Traveler
    #3278654 - 10/26/04 08:43 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

It woudln't be as terribly hard as made out to be if one was to have the expensive equipment, and an abundance of near-impossible to obtain precursors. You'd get it right eventually, or blow up trying.

--------------------
Beyond the gray sky

InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

Re: Just a randome question? for some scientists [Re: sublime40oz]
    #3278690 - 10/26/04 08:53 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

The easiest part to fuck up is the sterility and lighting... You need to dedicate an entire room to the syntesis basically.

Offlinesublime40oz
Traveler
    #3278982 - 10/26/04 10:28 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yea, I believe I remember reading that the synthesis needs to be done under infa-red lighting, or some other spectrum of light other than visible?

--------------------
Beyond the gray sky

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Just a randome question? for some scientists [Re: sublime40oz]
    #3279111 - 10/26/04 11:18 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

A lot of evaporation needs to be done under a vacuum as well. If you're starting with LSA, and want to make anything near pure, you'll need to use gas chromatography once to purify the LSA, and likely again in the end for the LSD. You can convert the LSA to lysergic acid *relatively* easily. Via hydrolysis with KOH. I believe you get lysergic acid and quite a bit of iso-lysergic acid, which is useless. So you'd need to seperate that and convert it to lysergic acid.

You might need a nitrogen atmosphere as well. After that you still just have a precursor. You still need to get it to react and combine with diethylamine, which I don't think you'll be able to buy, so another thing you'll have to cook up. Techniques for this can be found all over, take a look in TiHKAL and see if you understand a thing. I know its damn confusing at least to me.

OfflineDrBhang
jokkmokk

Loc: Fung Isle
    #3279248 - 10/26/04 12:00 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

If you can read and understand the route written in thikal than go for it. But using lsa is complicating the route for lsd. there are other chemicals that are being used ordinary most known is ergottamine.

here is the route
http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/tihkal/tihkal26.shtml

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Just a randome question? for some scientists [Re: DrBhang]
    #3279263 - 10/26/04 12:03 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

True. But if you're qualified to make LSD in any way whatsoever, you should be able to do it with the lysergic acid from LSA. It's definately not the standard mass production route from what I've read, but good luck geting ergotamine tartrate.

Offlinephantasm
DXM GURU
Re: Just a randome question? for some scientists [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3279510 - 10/26/04 01:01 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

like i said hypothetically but hey atleast people are responding i was just wondering seems possibly not by me of course but...

-mike

--------------------

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
    #3281377 - 10/26/04 08:05 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

heres the deal on this i spent alot of time looking into it. #! this has NEVER been done sucesfully.
if you get alexander shulgin's book tihkal he talks about it in there, it is in theory a 2 step process from Pure Lsa to LSD but one of the proceses, hydrolising the amide or somthing isnt possible because of the chemical configuratino of LSA.

but from my hours of research it is not practical or currently possible.
shit ho much acid would there be if you could get the precursors at home depot, kilos of pure crystal everywhere, and judging by the current black market avaliability of LSD its not the case

go to rohdium or the hive to find out more

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Offlinediddlesticks22
Skyhighatrist

Loc: UK
Re: Just a randome question? for some scientists [Re: ZippoZ]
    #3285655 - 10/27/04 05:20 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Right here goes:

LSA has been used historicly to refer both to Lysergic Acid Amide (Also called LA-111 and Ergine) and Lysergic Acid Amides which is a group of chemicals that includes Lysergic Acid Amide, Isoergine (Isolysergic Acid Amide), Ergometrine, Lys. alpha-OH-ethylamide, all of which can be theoretically hydrolysed into Lysergic Acid.

In Morning Glory and HBW, Ergine and Isoergine are the largest alkaloid components by weight, and Ergine is the most active alkaloid. It is around 1/10 the potency of LSD. When somebody says they are extracting LSA from HBW seeds using water or alcohol to consume, they are in reality extracting all the alkaloids.

Any really useful synthesis of LSD from Ergine (Or any of the amides for that matter) would really start hydrolysing to Lysergic Acid first. Big problem, as for all intents and purposes it's impossible to do so. It's possible in theory though. Another major problem is isolating Ergine from the other alkaloids. Very difficult to end up with a pure product.

Hope that helps! :smile:

--------------------

Edited by diddlesticks22 (10/27/04 05:28 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies