Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
I live in arkansas and went hunting last weekend. I had heard of a few spots around here where they grow. in a cow fiels i found some species that looked like ps. cubensis. They looked almost like a pancake on top and had the little purple ring around the stem which fell off pretty easily. I ate 5 caps fresh but did not feel anything. I found some of them growing directly through cow dung and some were just scattered around where old shit had been. they were kind of dried out, and i was wondering if they can completely lose their potency or if i just ate a few non-active mushrooms. If they are not cubes i would like to know what they are.
What? You ate some mushrooms that you thought were cubes becuase they looked like them? Right first off you should have got an I.D. for them, you don't just eat a mushroom because it looks like another. Second of all you would have to post an I.D. for this mushroom, better than what you have for us to confirm it.
As for losing potency, I doubt it but none the less you should have just ate an unidentified mushroom, although it probably was cubensis because of the purple ring.
It was not P. cubensis; you would have felt something if it was. You acted foolishly and are luky you did not get sick or die. Next time post your finds here before you eat them. It you check recent posts, the you will see that several people have found deadly mushrooms growing in cow feilds.
Some deadly mushrooms do not kick in for several days, how long ago did you eat them?
The good news is that the limited description you gave does not suggest a known deadly species. You probably ate a nonpoisonous species of Agaricus. If this is the case you got lucky.