Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemushiemountain
i am the sacredone
Misinformed Idiots
    #3276917 - 10/25/04 08:15 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I absolutely cannot stand when people try to tell me how bad mushrooms are and they're frying my brain and etc. Last night I had an arguement with one of my friends about how shrooms do not "fry" your brain. He kept telling me he's read all this research on how mushrooms fry your brain and how you can die from like eating a half ounce dried and how he knows people who have died from eating too much. It pisses me the fuck off when I try to explain to them I've read plenty of info on mushrooms and that it doesn't fry people's brains and they simply reply with "Well the site you got your research on is complete bullshit. The reason you hallucinate and trip is because your brain is frying." What would be the simplest way to explain to people like this that mushrooms don't fry people's brains and what makes us hallucinate? I hate idiots. :mushroom2:

--------------------
I Ain't No Fool. Mama Didn't Raise No Fool.
----------primussucks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMoxemerald
Executive

Loc: NJ
Re: Misinformed Idiots [Re: mushiemountain]
    #3276935 - 10/25/04 08:18 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Tell them to define 'frying of the brain' and then procede to tell them the way psiloc[yb]in affects us.

Ask him how he is so sure that they 'fry your brain' and make sure you're real sarcastic when you say fry your brain. (haha)

People like that definitly don't know whats up and its best to enjoy life and forget about them.

Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
    #3276937 - 10/25/04 08:18 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, quite annoying, aren't they?

--------------------

Offlinephantasm
DXM GURU
Re: Misinformed Idiots [Re: abhi]
    #3276990 - 10/25/04 08:29 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

kill them all

ahahah no just kidding yeah man enjoy life be you fuck the hype and criticism

-mike

--------------------
Only God Grows Amanita Muscaria

Invisiblen_tara
Stranger

Loc: Canada
Re: Misinformed Idiots [Re: phantasm]
    #3277167 - 10/25/04 09:09 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i had a friend with the exact same point of view once. he was annoying as hell and eventually we just had to agree to disagree. i didn't have much like with him, but maybe try explaining in very big words exactly how shrooms work with your best educated genius expression on and compare them to some other, much worse drug. if you sound smart and confuse the person half the time they agree and shut up.

Offlinekontron
captain planet
Loc: Eden
Re: Misinformed Idiots [Re: n_tara]
    #3277296 - 10/25/04 09:41 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i think it was the invisible landscape, and maybe albert hoffman (who discovered) that psilocybe/psilcine is only one hexigon (is that right) molecule diffirence from seritonin. point out how are brains are already fried according to his theory. ask him to show proof of this. the brain is a very funky and tough thing. i think it was albert hoffman, again, who disected brains and peiced them together again an found out they still worked. i think (if it was him) he also switched brains of animals to see what would happen, and the brains would function. maybe it was another dr. point is i do not think anyone can prove that it is harmful, cause very few studies have been done. none that i know of.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #3277309 - 10/25/04 09:44 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Ask him to show you the studies.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Misinformed Idiots [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #3277355 - 10/25/04 10:02 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

although serotonin and psilocin are very simillar chemically, this is not good support for it being safe.

Serotonin

Somewhere in between, without the hydroxy, but with the two methyl groups.

and 4-HO-DMT, Psilocin

I'm not sure what you meant by a hexigon molecule difference, but while the substances are simillar, so are dozens of other indole tryptamines. Is it 5-MeO-AMT that people are referring to as quite unpleasant often? The simillar chemical structure is good reason for why the substance works. Possibly how it gets through the blood brain barrier (http://leda.lycaeum.org/?ID=9126) and binds to serotonin receptors.

After all, CO2 and O2 are much more simillar, but I prefer the O2 :smile:

As for people like this? Screw them. Have THEM come up with the evidence against you. For mushrooms theres plenty more information you can find in support of no longterm effects than they can find of even total lies.

A friend once opposed the use of mushrooms, after an annoying arguement one day, I told him to come up with some info, since he was denying everything I said without reasoning. He agreed that the debate would be postponed until he read up. He came back admitting that even after going to the most biased shitty sources (maybe even the dea and freevibe) he could find no substantial information that would show them to be harmful. Simply 'bad trip' threats and lost sense of reality, other bullshit.

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: Misinformed Idiots [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3277650 - 10/25/04 11:26 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

The most common one I've heard is that it makes you hallucinate by making your brain bleed.

Man, what a load of shit.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

Offlinevc77
incarnate
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW US
Re: Misinformed Idiots [Re: MeThoD]
    #3277677 - 10/25/04 11:33 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

someone once told me that acid or shrooms makes the back of your brain bleed and drip down your neck as well. I got a nice crack out of it.
i would ask your friend over, ggoto the general mushrooms FAQ on this site, and show him one by one....

then ask for an apology because he lied to you about his "friends" who died from sdhrooms.

Edited by vc77 (10/25/04 11:48 PM)

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
Re: Misinformed Idiots [Re: vc77]
    #3278291 - 10/26/04 04:39 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Anytime someone gives me their negative opinion on drugs I just stick my cock in my mouth and that shuts them right up.

InvisibleSubGen1us

Re: Misinformed Idiots [Re: kronnyQ]
    #3278300 - 10/26/04 04:45 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

LOl, i used to think it made my brain bleed. i could even feel it.
of course i grew up in the days when there was no internet.
10 years ago there was nothing like what we have now.
i love the days now.

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Misinformed Idiots [Re: SubGen1us]
    #3278314 - 10/26/04 04:49 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

No kidding...we're lucky as shit to have access to all the information we do now.

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Loc: dx/dt
Re: Misinformed Idiots [Re: MOTH]
    #3278359 - 10/26/04 05:08 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

one of my biology professors stated while studying kingdom fungi "some of these mushrooms are psychoactive and cause you to hallucinate. These are very deadly and unsafe to consume because they make you hallucinate"

heh

--------------------
better living through chemistry

OVERGROW the government!!

it's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, ok, thats what it is.

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: Misinformed Idiots [Re: derx]
    #3278377 - 10/26/04 05:18 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Just have him name names and find anything on the internet to support his position. When he refuses, state that it's because he knows he's wrong and making the shit up.

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Misinformed Idiots [Re: kronnyQ]
    #3278426 - 10/26/04 06:05 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

kronnyQ said:
Anytime someone gives me their negative opinion on drugs I just stick my cock in my mouth and that shuts them right up.

you must be quite limber...
:wink:

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

InvisibleMovingTarget

Loc: temporary
Re: Misinformed Idiots [Re: gnrm23]
    #3278471 - 10/26/04 06:48 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

When in uni there was this bunch of chicks me and a few mates used to hang out with and they all are studying nursing or someting like that, well anyway they tried to scare us off shrooms by claiming they knew all this and that about them because they were training in medicine! FUCK EM!!!

I hate it when people use a bit of knowledge they gained and then add a whole lot of assumptions to it and claim it must be right because they're 'professionally trained' or some shit like that!! Psychology students are the worst!!! Always trying to analyse everyone even when we're at the fuckin Pub!

--------------------

OfflineSilven
Male

Loc: El Mexicano
Re: Misinformed Idiots [Re: MovingTarget]
    #3278483 - 10/26/04 06:56 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I've had multiple friends tell me how hallucinogens are the most deadly of all the drugs that they have seen people who take LSD and never come back.

My one friend Tom has been claiming for over two years now that his uncle thought he was a glass of orange juice and just sat around until he died... fucking idiots.

I find when reason fails with these people it's best to immediately turn to violent responses that usually involve your knuckles and their throat or nose.

- Silven

--------------------
What do you bring to the table?

Invisiblerogue_pixie
faerydae
Female User Gallery

Loc: UK
Re: Misinformed Idiots [Re: Silven]
    #3278489 - 10/26/04 07:05 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Silven said:
My one friend Tom has been claiming for over two years now that his uncle thought he was a glass of orange juice and just sat around until he died... fucking idiots.

:lol: :lol:

--------------------
"Whatever you do, you need to keep moving.  Because when you stop moving you die (physically and emotionally).

Good luck and blessings of happiness and fortune." ~ RandalFlagg RIP

Offlinekontron
captain planet
Loc: Eden
Re: Misinformed Idiots [Re: rogue_pixie]
    #3280900 - 10/26/04 06:39 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

hahah i work at a hospital, and doctors like to make shit up as the go along.. at least kaiser doctors do. fuck anyone in the health field who says shrooms are bad, but lets dope up patients on all the pain killers a bastard could want. ohh well at least it makes patients easier to deal with hwen they are over doped on morphene. a lot of doctors are really dumb when it comes to things like that (again at least ours are). even people who dont know what mushrooms are or look like say they make your brain bleed. leave to to people who have never even seen a mushroomto tell you how bad they are.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag