Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineramendig
Stranger
Azure hunters check in..... (IMPORTANT WARNING!!!)
    #3277023 - 10/25/04 08:38 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Went out to the coast yesterday near hammond. Checked on my first azure spot I found last season to see if anything is comming up yet. Searched around for about 10 minutes and was soon greeted by a police officer. First thing he says "Are you mushroom picking"?? I replied no officer just walking around. He then explains that they have a "problem" with lots of people picking mushrooms this time of year at the area I was at as well as a very well known azure picking area. I played dumb and said what's wrong with picking mushrooms? He replies that picking psilocybin mushrooms is illegal. I replied that I was just walking around. He then went on to explain that the police are ready to "crack down" on people picking illegal mushrooms this year. He even stated that "there is this whole website dedicated to picking illegal mushrooms". He said that they monitor this website. He said last year they caught some people but most were let go with a warning, he then stated that this season there will be no warnings and they will be making full arests for anyone caught picking illegal mushrooms because it has become such a problem. He took down my name and let me go since he couldn't tell if I was picking or not. Needless to say I didn't find anything comming up yet and I don't think I will be going back to find out. Be safe out there!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBitterPill
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Azure hunters check in..... (IMPORTANT WARNING!!!) [Re: ramendig]
    #3277063 - 10/25/04 08:44 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yikes!

OfflineGreat Scott
Trigger Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Control Grid
    #3277064 - 10/25/04 08:44 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

oh shit!
thanks for the warning, man.

--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Trusted Identifier
    #3277088 - 10/25/04 08:48 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

He took down my name and let me go since he couldn't tell if I was picking or not.

If they are monitoring this site.. maybe posting is risky for you since they have your name and could remember the incident that you just described.

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Offlinebmarley3434
wildwalker
Male User Gallery

Loc: nj
Re: Azure hunters check in..... (IMPORTANT WARNING!!!) [Re: eris]
    #3277197 - 10/25/04 09:15 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

they just said out of the random blue that .. we are monitoring a website called www.shroomery.org where they have a mushrom hunting forum??

--------------------
www.returntonature.us - wild foods blog

OM

Offlinefreedomseeker
Crazy old lady!

Loc: Washington State
Re: Azure hunters check in..... (IMPORTANT WARNING!!!) [Re: bmarley3434]
    #3277240 - 10/25/04 09:26 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

CRAP!

L

--------------------
"You must be the change you want to see in the world."
Mahatma Gandhi

OfflineSweetLeaf
"33"
 User Gallery

Loc: wa
Re: Azure hunters check in..... (IMPORTANT WARNING!!!) [Re: freedomseeker]
    #3277260 - 10/25/04 09:33 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

God damn thats sad, just plain sad....

Hey Mr. Po-po  :flipthebird:

--------------------
Ph.dizzle

Offlinebmarley3434
wildwalker
Male User Gallery

Loc: nj
Re: Azure hunters check in..... (IMPORTANT WARNING!!!) [Re: SweetLeaf]
    #3277271 - 10/25/04 09:35 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

hey man i dont believe him .. he might have made that part up cus hes a dumbass.. or might have squealed and told them first and not even realized it in the moment

--------------------
www.returntonature.us - wild foods blog

OM

Offlinefreedomseeker
Crazy old lady!

Loc: Washington State
    #3277323 - 10/25/04 09:49 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

It makes me sad.  :frown:

I was thinking about that today driving home from work.  I wish I could just sit down at a spot and happily...and FREELY...pick whatever I f'ing want to.

Instead I have to be concerned about looking suspicious, getting myself in trouble, or arrested?????

Nature provides so many awesome things.  Who decided that this is ok and that isn't ok to pick, eat, fish, hunt????

Sad to me!

L

--------------------
"You must be the change you want to see in the world."
Mahatma Gandhi

Offlineramendig
Stranger
    #3277345 - 10/25/04 09:58 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

If they are monitoring this site.. maybe posting is risky for you since they have your name and could remember the incident that you just described.

What is risky about it? I never found any mushrooms and I won't be going back there to find any. I have not done anything illegal.

Quote:

hey man i dont believe him .. he might have made that part up cus hes a dumbass.. or might have squealed and told them first and not even realized it in the moment

I don't know why he would just make that up out of the blue. I was not affraid of him since I hadn't done anything against the law. I think I would have remembered if I told him first. To be honest he was a really nice cop and I was very friendly to him. I almost felt like he was giving me a clear warning so I would stay out of trouble. I am taking that warning very seriously and would like to help others be aware of what's going on. Oh and this was in Oregon, I am not talking about those ranger nazi's at Ft. Canby. In fact I had some friends that got busted at Ft. Canby last year and the rangers had told them about a website dedicated to picking illegal mushrooms as well. Cops aren't stupid and with areas with no crime they just may invest alot of time into busting people for picking mushrooms. I still can't believe he showed up not more then 10 minutes after just walking around!!! I mean do they have like stealth cameras in the trees or something??

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Shenanagins [Re: ramendig]
    #3277415 - 10/25/04 10:23 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Or.....

Lots of people were in this guys favorite spot and he thought he could have the spot all to himself by posting fake warnings.

I'm not sure I believe this guy. 2 posts to his name, sounds to me like he is trying to scare people off a good spot. I don't think the police would reveal as idle chit chat with a suspect an operation like that, and so, I call shenanagins on this dude.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

OfflineSoftRat
Stranger
    #3277462 - 10/25/04 10:35 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

People on the shroomery were reporting last year about major police problems when picking azures in the Astoria area. I don't know where Hammond is but I am assuming it is in the same NW area of Oregon. If you live in Oregon and you want to pick shrooms you may want to stick to major cities and picking cyans. In Portland the police probably have too much real crime to deal with to go on mushroom stake outs.

There was one person who posted on this site last year that got pulled over one his way to Astoria, appaerently cause he looked liked a hippy. He was asked why he was in the area and the cop said he belive he was there to pick illegal mushrooms.

--------------------
Everything I say in these posts is a made up fiction.

OfflineGreat Scott
Trigger Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Control Grid
Re: Azure hunters check in..... (IMPORTANT WARNING!!!) [Re: SoftRat]
    #3277538 - 10/25/04 10:55 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Remember though.
Its not illegal to look for shrooms
Just illegal to pick them.

--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

Offlinevc77
incarnate
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW US
Re: Azure hunters check in..... (IMPORTANT WARNING!!!) [Re: Great Scott]
    #3277580 - 10/25/04 11:06 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I've been stopped at the coast as well, although I told him I was infact hunting for mushrooms... The delicious chantrelles :wink:. He wished us luck and went on his way.

I believe the author of this post is telling the truth. Watch out this year, be sure to pick 3 or 4 other kinds of mushrooms you spot in the area, in case if you are stopped, you could say you are new to the wonderful world of mycology and was collecting everything you found to take home for proper ID.

I was told that picking them was not illegal, as long as they stay fresh (and you play dumb). There are many different types of fungus which can all be easily mistaken for one another... So why couldn't an azure be mistaken for an edible?

Thanks for the warning.

Offlinenycomyco
Stranger

Loc: PA
    #3277609 - 10/25/04 11:15 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Patriot Act gives police the authority to check internet activity without any reasonable cause or anything. You'd think the gov would give cops more important national security jobs, but instead they have them snooping around in the dunes of oregon and searching internet histories. All in the name of freedom.
I wouldn't go accusing the poster of lying in order to hoard his spot. We should encourage people to look out for eachother, and to become new shroomerites.

Offlineshanti
dude
 User Gallery

Re: Azure hunters check in..... (IMPORTANT WARNING!!!) [Re: nycomyco]
    #3277709 - 10/25/04 11:46 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Very sad.

What can they really do though? I beleive one could hold a good defense.

InvisibleBitterPill
 User Gallery

Re: Azure hunters check in..... (IMPORTANT WARNING!!!) [Re: shanti]
    #3277767 - 10/26/04 12:01 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

My understanding is this... If you have enough of any schedule 1 substance, it is assumed that you intend to sell it. If you are accused of intent to sell, you can go to jail.

Offlinewortels1985
Stranger
Re: Azure hunters check in..... (IMPORTANT WARNING!!!) [Re: BitterPill]
    #3277898 - 10/26/04 01:08 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

This is so sad... And ask this police officer about what exactly do psilocybin mushrooms do, and he will answer that they make you mad and jump off buildings, and that they are even more addictive than heroin, etc. Why do poeple know so little?

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#3277954 - 10/26/04 01:38 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

This is a perfect example to why we have the rule of not giving out specific locations.

We do not want to incriminate ourselfs nor do we want to incriminate anyone.

Every year so far we have had numerous postings about this same problem. The police know whats going on in the certain areas.

There are several websites devoted to mushroom picking...so, I wouldnt say that he was talking only about the shroomery. Just be careful and dont pick anything illegal!  :tongue:

Offlinearbalest
wut kent?
Male

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Re: Azure hunters check in..... (IMPORTANT WARNING!!!) [Re: vc77]
    #3278515 - 10/26/04 07:34 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

vc77 said:
Watch out this year, be sure to pick 3 or 4 other kinds of mushrooms you spot in the area, in case if you are stopped, you could say you are new to the wonderful world of mycology and was collecting everything you found to take home for proper ID.

Exactly what I was going to say, just pick a few of some other mushrooms, probably should pick A LOT of other mushrooms if your going to pick A LOT of psilocybes, just so they dont realise you are only getting big amounts of psilocybes.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale