Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDJ_Poland
Stranger

Loc: New England, USA
Some final notes before I try my first grow, any advice?
    #3277123 - 10/25/04 08:56 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

hey guys and gals, im pretty close to starting my first grow. infact, the only thing holding me back is getting some feedback on what i plan to do (dont want to waste all this money for nothing afterall :smile:). i wrote a supply list for the three teks i chose to do which are: PF TEK to get jars ready to be incubated, a Tub-in-Tub setup for incubation, and the Poor Man's Pod Tek for a fruiting chamber. i think these will suite me best given my location (northeast USA) where temperature and humidity most likely will be a problem. i'm still trying to get ahold of a thermometer to get the average temperature of the room i plan to do all of this in, when i get that i will post that up here to see if there's anything temperature-wise i need to do, although with the tub-in-tub incubator i dont think that will be a problem (fruiting may be). the humidity in the room is around 60% which seems very low for trying to grow. will the Poor Man's Pod Tek be able to up the humidity enough to let the cakes fruit? if that isn't enough i had an idea to run two tubes through the pod which will be hooked up to a cool mist on a timer which should do the trick i believe.

anyways, a link to the Word document is here >> http://69.93.112.102/~webscou/Mushrooms.doc

if a few people could take a look over this and make sure everything looks fine and im not missing anything i'd greatly appretiate it. any comments/suggestions/words of wisdom are always welcome as i would like to get all of that i can get before i do this first grow.

thanks and cheers  :thumbup:

--------------------

:laugh: www.djpoland.tk :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBornToDie
Lesser KnownCharacter
Re: Some final notes before I try my first grow, any advice? [Re: DJ_Poland]
    #3277161 - 10/25/04 09:06 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Unfortunately your link froze me computer. And is that your internet protocol adress in there?

--------------------
Drugs are for sluts and losers.

OfflineDJ_Poland
Stranger

Re: Some final notes before I try my first grow, any advice? [Re: BornToDie]
    #3277170 - 10/25/04 09:10 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

it's the one for my website. the domain never registered correctly so im stuck using that address :frown: try rightclicking and going to Save As

--------------------

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
    #3277209 - 10/25/04 09:17 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Oh man, oh man!  And I thought I was organized...

don't worry about the temperature in the room. just get use aquarium heaters.  And my room humidity is at 35%-40% thanx to centralized heating runnig AC all the time.

From inventory... 
-you might want an aquarium heater for your PMP, a fully submersible one.
-The heater is a bit...  well, you can do well with $20 one just as well.
-I use some nice wands as well as cheap... nicer ones have metal inside to keep it from floating in the aquarium, but not needed.  I have $1.25 el cheapo wands that seem to work just as well.  Even the expensive ones were $9 each and 2 per pod.
-The tub is overpriced.  You can find a cheaper one at walmart at around $7-10.
-If you want to cut the cost more, buy whole brown rice and grind them.  It's 99 cents for 2 pound bags and coffee grinder is only $6.

Wow.  A canner.  Tell me how that works out.  I heard some good things before.

It looks like you are making a solid investment on equipment... but you can save a few bucks and have few extra parts around, like a hygrometer.

And chances are, you are going to be like me and end up setting up 6 terrariums, so...  well..  I think it's just nice to be able to find good deals without making any performance sacrifce. :wink:

Good Luck!

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

OfflineDJ_Poland
Stranger

Re: Some final notes before I try my first grow, any advice? [Re: Sam1912]
    #3277239 - 10/25/04 09:26 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

lol yeah your right. we have a coffee grinder already maybe ill look into that and buy the rice tomorrow. ill also look around for a new tub, hell we may already have one down in the basement somewhere. so your suggesting i pick up another heater for the PMP also? since the temperature now, being winter, is nowhere near the ~86?F i should be shooting for, im thinking thats a good idea. the reason i picked the heater i did was because i saw it on another TEK on here for a tub-in-tub, same exact one, so i figured it would be best. i found a cheaper fully-submersable heater HERE think thatd do the job? thanks for quick reply btw :smile: think i can get ordering tomorrow.

--------------------

Invisiblezxsevinr
fartnocker
    #3277335 - 10/25/04 09:54 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

one thing that im very bad at is checking the teks in the faqs but this is one of the best things you could do to help make your grow a hugwe success

--------------------
i also am a big liar and i tell no truths on this board furthermore when the words i me or my are used i am refering to a friend of a friend

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: Some final notes before I try my first grow, any advice? [Re: zxsevinr]
    #3277653 - 10/25/04 11:26 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah. that heater will work. But look for a sale at wal mart, k-mart or other fishy stores. You can get a exact same or similar one for $10 buck cheaper. And also, I'd spend another $3 to get the 200W. One of few cases where bigger is better hands down.

And the second heater I was suggesting was for PMP, not TnT. One in the PMP and the other in TnT will give you precise control over temperatures in both incubation and cultivation.

Good luck!

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies