Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
Ayahuasca - your method?
    #3270725 - 10/24/04 06:01 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hey peoples,

I have been doin a bit of reading on ayahuasca, going to be getting some P. viridis and B. caapi dried material soon. This is a question going out to those who have prepared their own brew from these ingredients before - what method of preperation do you use? I've seen some that say to brew the caapi seperate from the viridis so that you can have some MAOI before ingesting any DMT, but other recipes say to boil it all together in the same pot. Also heard of adding 1 tbsp Vitamin C per dose and to boil the brew for at least 8 hours +.

Also, I know the rules here about dosage advice, and I would point out that I am in no way seeking advice for my own dosage, but I am curious as to what amounts of dried materials of viridis and caapi you guys usually use for a decent trip? Of course it would be a bad idea for me to base my own dose off that given that people have different body weights and metabolisms as well as of course psychological tolerancees...I'm just curious.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Ayahuasca - your method? [Re: zee_werp]
    #3271327 - 10/24/04 12:23 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I heard for the longest trip take an maoi half hour before and brew some With the viridis.

Offlinebiglo
Shroomery BabySitter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: US of A
Re: Ayahuasca - your method? [Re: Legoulash]
    #3271552 - 10/24/04 01:41 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I say maoi beforehand is key. I can't give you any suggestions with the vines, because my assumptions are based off of syrian rue and mimosa bark experiences.

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Re: Ayahuasca - your method? [Re: biglo]
    #3272726 - 10/24/04 07:09 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

So do most people here use rue or other MAOIs other than caapi? I could get rue a lot cheaper than caapi, but for my first ayahuasca experience I think I'd like to try the 'real deal'. Read many reports that caapi gives a nicer trip than the other MAOI's too.

So if I were to brew some of the caapi with the viridis and have some of it beforehand, would I eat the first caapi raw or make a tea as well? And is the addition of the Vitamin C for the MAOI or the DMT?

InvisibleLifenergy
Yo Mama

#3272749 - 10/24/04 07:15 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Rue is great as an MAOI IMO. I've used it almost exclusively as my MAOI. 3-4 grams always does the trick. I can't compare because I've never tried the caapi. I usually use an ounce or a little more of Psychotria.
Every report that I've read says brew the caapi into a tea. I haven't read any where the person ate the vine.
The addition of vitamin C is done for the MAOI and for the DMT, because increasing the acidity of the water you brew the tea in increases the efficiency of your alkaloid extraction. You can also use lemon or lime juice instead. 3 or 4 is a good ph to extract with.

--------------------
Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.

OfflineAntar
s suck.

#3273326 - 10/24/04 09:52 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

There is realy no wrong way to do it. People like to turn making ayahuasca into rocket science but it?s far from that. The traditional route is thought to be the "best" if there is such a thing

Said traditional route

B cappi P. viridis are shredded and combined in a pot, cover with water and boil three times for three hours each time straining in-between each wash. Add the three washes together and boil down to a drinkable dose.

NOW this being said there are some fun tips witch tend to get over looked. When you are boiling (a rolling boil not a violent one) the sacred plants put a lid on the pan to prevent water evaporation this will prevent ANY burning if you walk away to do other things. For straining I used a pan of similar size to pour the liquid into and I used a spaghetti strainer and a T-shirt married together for straining. The final evaporation is really key. In this stage make sure you do not boil it to fast because that will cause the sugars to caramelize and that will make the drink hell to swallow. Get it down to a 100ml dose that is about one mouth full assuming you are good at chugging?hehe. It should look like thick coffee with motor oil floating on top of it when you are done. O yeah in all that talk about the PH of the water?.it?s a bunch of hoop-la. While it DOES help to some small degree the benefits are not that great and whatever you use to raise the acidity taints the taste of the ayahausca. For dosage I have used 100 grams of B. cappi and 56 grams P. viridis. Bouncing bear botanicals is the online store I bought from. I ordered the McKenna strand cappi witch I would not do again largly because you cant get it from them shredded and it took me two hours to shred all the cappi with pruning shears.

--------------------
Life is a snuff film.

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Re: Ayahuasca - your method? [Re: Antar]
    #3274115 - 10/25/04 02:23 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks guys, good info there. Another question - how fast do the alkaloids degrade after you make the tea? I'm assuming it would be allright to store if you freeze it, but what about unfrozen? Say if I wanted to make some then hike a couple of days into the forest would the brew still retain its potency?

InvisibleLifenergy
Yo Mama

#3274772 - 10/25/04 09:42 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I've had one day old ayahuasca. The potency was the same, but the taste was even more awful (try imagining that!). I would think it might be okay if it stayed cool, otherwise it might start to ferment and get nasty. Someone else probably has some experience with storing it, but generally I don't make more at one time than I know will get used.

--------------------
Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3274985 - 10/25/04 11:14 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I think it would get moldy after a few days.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Ayahuasca - your method? [Re: Vvellum]
    #3277330 - 10/25/04 09:51 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Ayahuasca is the foulest tasting medicine that there is. I get chills just thinking about it's taste. The worse it tastes, though, the more it kicks.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Re: Ayahuasca - your method? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3278418 - 10/26/04 05:58 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Heh, OK I'll be sure to keep that in mind...will be impressed if it tastes worse than pedro tea, but won't be surprised!

You reminded me of a quote I read in this book called 'Breaking open the head'...it was from a south american indian. He said:

"White man medicine makes you feel good first, bad later;
Indian medicine medicine makes you feel bad first, good later!"

OfflineOOKLA
Mr.Slippyfist

#3281001 - 10/26/04 07:00 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

doesnt passiflora do the same thing as cappi, just in smaller doses.

OfflineTailChaser
TC
Re: Ayahuasca - your method? [Re: OOKLA]
    #3281434 - 10/26/04 08:14 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Zee Werp, I've done a torch brew and several Ayahuasca brews....nothing is worse than the torch brew. Using similar amounts as in the other posts.

TC

Offlineboiboy
=:o-|-<3E>-|-o:=
Re: Ayahuasca - your method? [Re: TailChaser]
    #3338515 - 11/09/04 06:08 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

If I were to make the brew then freeze it, then put the frozen material into gelatin pills, and keep them frozen, would that work??? Also Is there any other way to take Ayahuasca, (Pills, smoking a mix of b. capii and p. viridis in a J or something) Jus because I don't wanna hafta make the brew and then drink it right away, I'd be VERY curious as to know wether there are other ways of takin it so if any of you know or can lead me in the right direction, please let me know. thanks =)

--------------------
Life - gl, hf... lo3ing:
Live .
go

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: Ayahuasca - your method? [Re: boiboy]
    #3349355 - 11/11/04 10:25 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

>>If I were to make the brew then freeze it, then put the frozen material into gelatin pills,

Freezing's easy, but how would you put frozen material into capsules?

>>Also Is there any other way to take Ayahuasca, (Pills, smoking a mix of b. capii and p. viridis in a J or something)

Pills i suppose if you were to boil it down to dryness and scape it up, but smoking a mix of foliage is a no go.

You can freeze your ayahuasca until you're ready to drink, that should be fine, fridge keeping isn't good though. You can boil your brew down to a dry crusty powder and take that, but you'll probably still throw up once it takes effects due to S3 agonism, but the up side is you won't taste the nasty brew on the way down.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: Ayahuasca - your method? [Re: neuro]
    #3351302 - 11/12/04 11:43 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Why not just make jello shots in a regular ice cube tray? Once you cook the juice down to a cup, just add the package of jello. Cook as normal but with half the liquid. 1 cup unstead of 2

You could use mabey cherry or grape jello. You'll end up with very stiff black jello cubes. No taste if you are swallowing them whole.

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Re: Ayahuasca - your method? [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3351316 - 11/12/04 11:47 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

But the vomitting that is to come, makes me leary about the jello.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3351378 - 11/12/04 12:04 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

True and you may puke up big chunks of jello that never got digested. So mabey it may be a bad idea.

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Re: Ayahuasca - your method? [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3351400 - 11/12/04 12:09 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

heh yeah, i don't really see that as being too pleasant, though maybe it's just another straw on the back, cause the puking isn't too great to begin with anyway.

Invisibleshymanta
Mad Scientist
 User Gallery

#3943622 - 03/20/05 10:36 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Just thought I'd add something. I was listening to a Terence McKenna mp3 and he said him and a friend had some ayahuasca that was in the back of the fridge for a while. He couldn't remember if you were supposed to always shake it, or never shake it. So he shook it. He said they had the most intense trip from it, though.

That doesn't say how long it can be stored, but it seems that it can be for a while, anyway.

I got the mp3 from this page http://mckenna.psychedelic-library.org/ last time I check the page was down. I hope that's only temporary. It has a lot of McKenna's lectures.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules