Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Peat, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMittsWaQ
Tall ass Redhead
Loc: Lawrence, Ks
wtf casing
    #3275764 - 10/25/04 05:06 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Right now Ive got 2 casings in my incubator. 1 is 1.5 BRF EQ cakes cased with jiffy mix on top, and vermiculite on bottom. The substrate depth is about 1 inch, and I tried to get the casing layer to be only about 1/4. It might be a bit thicker as It was hard to eyeball and this is my first casing. The other is 1qt of B+ with rye as the substrate. The first casing has been in my incubator at 84 degrees for 7 Days now, and no mycelium has broken through. The B+ casing has been in the incubator for 5 days now. Should I try and take a little of the casing layer off in case it was too thick? The jiffy mix I got is 50/50 peat and vermiculite with no chemicals or anything. That is the correct kind right? Also, My rye jars have been colonizing for over 3 weeks now. Within the first 1.5 weeks they were nearly completely covered with mycelium, but since then growth has been very slow. There are jsut a few berries that are not completely covered in a few spots in nearly all the jars. Im sure this has something to do with water content. It stumped me though because they just took off from the start. Should I try and case these and just not put in the small not completely colonized parts? Thanks for the help!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: wtf casing [Re: MittsWaQ]
    #3275774 - 10/25/04 05:08 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

give it a little more time, make sure you fan it, and it should be completed in
just a few days, sometimes, patience is your best friend

OfflineZeroArmy27
I didn't go to work for a month.
 Arcade Champion: Asteroids 2000

Loc: Middle of nowhere
Re: wtf casing [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3275786 - 10/25/04 05:11 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Like prisoner said, just wait, patience is a virtue... and the #1 thing needed in this hobby. :smile: good luck.

--------------------
"a monkey would fuck you up if you tried to put it in a autoclave" - Psychoslut

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Peat, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation