Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Coir, Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinexShrooMBoX
Stranger
I NEED HELP
    #3275639 - 10/25/04 04:31 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

Hello i am wanting to farm some shrooms and thought i would ask some questions because i need
some help with alot of things. First the temperature of my house inside is 60-65 degrees 24 hours
a day.Below is a list of objects i will be using so feel free to tell me all i need to know about
growing mushrooms and tell me what all i need to do if something is a bad idea do i need to steralize
it or really nething that i dont include that you think i should know.

Qty.
2 3 foot wide/3 foot long/10 inch depth sliding bins that slide out from underneath my bed.
12 4-5 inch deep/10 inch long/9 inch width Metal or Plastic treys ??which would be better?? Or should i use
something else.
2 Hair blow dryers so i can keep humidity in the giant bins. ??good idea or bad?? If good
How long should i keep them on for a day. I also have school.
2 Clear plastic wrap, wrapped ontop the two giant bins to trap the humidity inside. ??Good or bad??
?? It is dark underneath my bed so do i need lighting to help the shrooms grow if so what should i use
a small lamp light or what. Also how long should i have it on for a day. (Have School).
5 Syringes of spores. If i am buying 5 syringes of spores for how i will be growing what will be the best
type of strains. You can pick the same one more than once or hell if there good as hell pick all 5 but here
are the ones i am looking at and nothing else. B+ ... Blue Meanie ... Cambodian ... South American
... Z Strain ... Tasmanian ... Texas so please tell me what you think i should do. I will be buying from
Spore-Syringe.com
?? How many bags of Spawn/Straw Substrate/Casing Soil Should i get for 12 bins as listed above. And what is
The best kind to get i will be buying from www.mushbox.com with there straw substrate is 5 lbs a bag.

Well thats all i can think of what ill be using. For the questions, what all should i do before starting
to grow my mushrooms. Before putting in the spawn and injecting and everything do i have to steralize nething
what all do i have to do. Ive heard things about stuff being dirty wont work. And what is the stuff about mold
what are things i can do to stop that also. How much spawn should i put in each of the small bins. Then after
the spawn is in do i pack it tightly or just lightly put it in there. When i have my syringes how far do i stick
the needle into the spawn and how much do i inject into each place and how far apart from each other. How much
water do i put in each of the small bins do i put alot of water in there or none at all if i do. Do i put water
in before or after i inject the spores if after how long after do i have to let the spores settle a little.
Also i will have a spray bottle full of bottled spring water to spray in the bins. How much do i spray and is
bottled spring water a bad idea. If it is what is a better thing to use. Is there nething else i need to put
on them or nething i need to add etc.I will also have a small temp guage in each of the giant bins to check
the temperature from time to time. what should i be keeping the temp at. (also have the hair dryers blowing
warm/hot hair in there all day with plastic wrap over the top of the giant sliding bins. How much lighting
should i use. just enough for light or actual high watt. That is all i can really think of if there is anything
else that i should know or i have to do while maintaining them or any information at all that i will need to
bring my little babies to life please let me know and you can email me at XxDjStrobexX@msn.com if you do not want
to write back. So please if you see this respond cause i need all the help i can get. Thank yall hope to hear from
you.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinehydroguru
Stranger
Loc: dark side of the moon
Re: I NEED HELP [Re: xShrooMBoX]
    #3275672 - 10/25/04 04:39 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

read the teks most ans. are there . i use tubntub submersable heater coir and popcorn . not doing the best i can but still on the learning curve. you need to be as clean as you can and i recomend a pressure cooker

Offlinefuzzybudz
Stranger
    #3275676 - 10/25/04 04:40 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

You really should consider looking at the grow FAQ and cultivation sections of this. Start with the PF-tek or something similar and read, read and read some more. good luck ... fuzzy.

OfflinexShrooMBoX
Stranger
Re: I NEED HELP [Re: fuzzybudz]
    #3276028 - 10/25/04 06:23 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

ty for replying but what should i start off with if im gonna go lower i really would like to start off like that but just need your help to tell me what i need to do but thanx all for responding :smile:

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #3276036 - 10/25/04 06:25 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

this is *advanced* mushroom cultivation... either post in the regular cultivation forum or take the time you took to write such a long post and search through the FAQs on the site

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

Invisibleshobimono
Why?
Re: I NEED HELP [Re: Psilygirl]
    #3276216 - 10/25/04 07:14 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

You need to READ information on this site before starting.
Do not use hair dryers, they are hot and a fire hazard. They do not add humidity, and they would cost a fortune to run (they are like 1500 watts).
READ.

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
    #3276480 - 10/25/04 08:25 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

your joking right? you must be joking.

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

OfflinexShrooMBoX
Stranger
Re: I NEED HELP [Re: amyloid]
    #3276559 - 10/25/04 08:48 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

why whats funny about it ???

Offlinereve
Stranger
    #3276589 - 10/25/04 08:56 PM (13 years, 27 days ago)

You can spend 15 minutes reading and all those questions will be answered.

I mean, the teks tell you exactly what you need to know.

And dont double post your question.

Offlinefloydguitar
smooth guitarist

Re: I NEED HELP [Re: reve]
    #3284550 - 10/27/04 03:41 PM (13 years, 26 days ago)

Read the teks that is all you have to do. the time you took to write this short story out you could have read the teks.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Coir, Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation