Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
FAQ 34. What are hallucinations really, and what do they look like?
    #3275179 - 10/25/04 12:21 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: FAQ 49.What are hallucinations really, and what do they look like? [Re: Rose]
    #3278624 - 10/26/04 08:32 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Come on... chime in... People are obviously looking at this thread.

What is a Tripper's FAQ without discussion of hallucinations?

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinearbalest
wut kent?
Male

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Re: FAQ 49.What are hallucinations really, and what do they look like? [Re: Rose]
    #3278739 - 10/26/04 09:12 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Are hallucinations very realistic? If so, are they the sort of things that you can just say "I'm only seeing this because I've taken mushrooms" and can you make them disappear by telling yourself that? Or do you just think theyre real and cant tell yourself to forget?

I guess this would probably vary, but hopefully it gets some posts from people.

InvisibleNewfoundFreedom
Manure whore

Re: FAQ 49.What are hallucinations really, and what do they look like? [Re: arbalest]
    #3278773 - 10/26/04 09:24 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

You really shouldn't try to controll your trip. It's better to just go with the flow. Generally, they're not going to make you see what's not there, but they will distort what's already there or even help you notice something that was there before that you just didn't ackknowledge.

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
Re: FAQ 49.What are hallucinations really, and what do they look like? [Re: NewfoundFreedom]
    #3278990 - 10/26/04 10:29 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Hallucinations are not what you expect. It's coutnerproductive to try and describe them becaue hallucinations will be influenced by descriptions. If I say you can look at trees and it will look like persian or mayan art, and you read and internalize that, then thats what you will see. Better to have them without having expectations in your mind.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

OfflineDistortedPhlight
Stranger
Loc: Seattle,wa
Re: FAQ 49.What are hallucinations really, and what do they look like? [Re: NewfoundFreedom]
    #3279010 - 10/26/04 10:36 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

ok well here goes my shot at describing mushie hallucinations

i will look at my "screaming man" painting and notice things i wouldnt notice. like seeing eyes in the painting. they arnt real eyes but the colors make them look like eyes. Colors seem more vibrent. for expample most of my apartment is a green color(my fav color) but my BMX bike is bright bright red looking at my bike i notice how red it is. i meen sometimes i wont be able to stop looking at it.
ok i was watching Oceans 11. and near then end of the movie the mushies i had taken started to kick in. i looked at george clooneys face. i could see every minisclue detail on it. then i went to my computer after the movie was over and listened to some beastie boys while playing some Call of duty. out of the corner of my eye it would look like my bed would be breathing i would then look at it and realize it was breathing. then look at my monitor and it would look as if it was shrinking. well there ya go i tried.

....just my two caps worth

--------------------
"The world is full of choices and doors. the choices you make open and close certain doors. By choosing your own path, you will open the doors to your inner self, and inner peace."-me

Anonymous

#3279485 - 10/26/04 12:54 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

my avatar. or an indian tapestry.

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#3280543 - 10/26/04 05:04 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: FAQ 49.What are hallucinations really, and what do they look like? [Re: jux]
    #3280562 - 10/26/04 05:08 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

http://www.ua.es/dfa/agm/upua/UPUA0304/rotsnake.gif

Wow. That is a LOT what its like to see stuff while yer trippn' a very good example of the eyes fucks you can receive.

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: FAQ 49.What are hallucinations really, and what do they look like? [Re: Civ]
    #3281685 - 10/26/04 08:54 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

For most of the time for me, hallucinations are just subtle things. Colors, waving things, objects looking different how they should.

But that ONE time, when I took 3 hits of acid. I pretty much lost my ability to determine what was real or not (ESPECIALLY the auditory hallucinations. I had no idea if I or anyone else was talking, but lord knows I heard them). It can get pretty intense at high doses.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

InvisibleTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

Loc: In a Van Down By the Rive...
Re: FAQ 49.What are hallucinations really, and what do they look like? [Re: Civ]
    #3281751 - 10/26/04 09:08 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Civ said:
Quote:

http://www.ua.es/dfa/agm/upua/UPUA0304/rotsnake.gif

Wow. That is a LOT what its like to see stuff while yer trippn' a very good example of the eyes fucks you can receive.

yup... if you look at sheets of wood you will get very good kaleidoscope hallucinations like that... and like the post just above me speaking about waving objects, i can say yes on that because especially when i take pretty large doses of shrooms its like the whole earth moves like the ocean, its so wild... and everything has a shine to it, like i said once before i feel like a disco follows me everywhere i go... acid is abit different, it kinda distorts everything you see, pretty bad in big doses, stuff kinda melts and breaths when it shouldnt, and since you dont SEE stuff you hear, you never really know if what you are hearing is real or not, but for sure the larger part of sounds you hear is not really there, its just you... hallucinating to me is more of the description of what HAPPENS on HALLUCINOGENIC drugs, it doesnt really mean you time warp into another world that isnt there, you just see stuff way differently...

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: FAQ 49.What are hallucinations really, and what do they look like? [Re: Tremor1127]
    #3282018 - 10/26/04 10:18 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Anybody have any "Official" Hallicination links?

Why do they happen?

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
    #3282968 - 10/27/04 03:44 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

You should mention in the FAQ on this question that at least some people feel looking for hallucinations is counterproductive. When I take hallucinogens, I do it not to see shit but for the spiritual experience it provokes. I feel like trying to focus in the hallucination is going to be counterproductive for most people, and the way to have them is to unfocus and relax, allowing the experience to overcome you, rather then get some "Are you seeing stuff" thought loop where not only will you have a bad time, but you will also miss out on the increadible profoundity of the psychedelic experience.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

Offlinemushroomman23
Re: FAQ 49.What are hallucinations really, and what do they look like? [Re: tomk]
    #3283058 - 10/27/04 05:15 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

on low doses of shrooms its easy to tell your self what u are seeing
is just hallucinations however on high doses the things you see are can be very very real

Offlinescape
II
Loc: somewhere but not where y...
Re: FAQ 49.What are hallucinations really, and what do they look like? [Re: mushroomman23]
    #3283252 - 10/27/04 07:38 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I have had a real visual hallucination before. My first time on shrooms. I was at a local univeristy with a friend. We had purchased 10.5 grams of shrooms and ate them thru the night. The bag we had was 10.5 grams with 7 small shrooms that weighed maybe 4 grams and the remaining 6 grams was made up of 3 very large shrooms. one that weighed in acess of 3 grams. We had been muching down the small ones as we felt like it enjoying our selves. we kept going thru this all night till around 10:30 pm. we decided to order some pizza becuase we had been tripping since 3pm and were kinda hungry and tired. so the pizza man came. we ate felt good. both of us were definately still tripping but not very hard. at that point i decided to pull the bag out and grabed the one that was in acess of 3 grams i said, "dude, i wonder what would happen if i ate this right now?" my friend said DO IT! so in my mouth it went. i couldnt eat it all in one mouth full it tasted terrible and was just too big. so i broke it in 1/2 and ate the top half then the other half. at that point we decided to watch some futurama on his girlfriends laptop. Sitting their watching, i had decided i wanted the light on. so my friend turned it on. Now i was feeling very trippy again. i looked at him and his pants were shimmering with light. like a reflective surface blowing in the wind and diffrent angles were reflecting light back at me. I was so amazed i had to look at every thing else. then i found the carpet, which was amazing, dacing with color and power. That was really awesome. Next thing i remember was watching the carpet come alive, Snakes and worms were comming out of the carpet. now these wernt really looking like snakes and worms, they didnt retain color of their own, more like a "magic eye" type of thing where their shape and movement was defined but they were the color of the carpet. one snake rose up looked right at me and tryed to strike me. I was freaking out. i remembed at that point i was on mushrooms and it wasnt real it was all in my head. As soon as i told my self that they all vanished. The next thing i remember was wanting them to come back becuase i thought it was the greatest thing i had ever seen. So i looked very closely at the carpet, amazed it was still moving in rivers of color and organization. So i moved closer and closer till i "fell into the carpet" where their were these "giant ants" that were carrying chunks of food or somthing, some were red some were green. they all moved very tightly packed in so that nearly one group was touching the other group, they all moved in opposit directions 1 body wide. then i had an OEB where i was in the highest farthest corner of the room looking at my self laying on the carpet with my eyes closed and seemed to be unconsious.

sorry so long
pretty cool story of my first mushroom trip. by far was that the best, and i have yet to dose that extreme again. the end of the night between both of us the 10 grams was gone however my friend had only eaten maybe 3.5 on his own the other 7 grams i had eaten.

--------------------

EVERYTHING I SAY OR DO IS FAKE, IM A COMPULSIVE LIAR, sorry for any confusion this makes.

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

Re: FAQ 49.What are hallucinations really, and what do they look like? [Re: scape]
    #3284922 - 10/27/04 03:00 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: FAQ 49.What are hallucinations really, and what do they look like? [Re: jux]
    #3285270 - 10/27/04 03:56 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Does anybody have any links to info abouy WHY Hallicinations happen?

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Loc: Passing through the bulk Flag
    #3285908 - 10/27/04 06:03 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

They look real to me! It's shit that you're seeing with your own eyes, patterns that just melt out of the surface and crawl at you, or the entire room morphs into itself in a fury of cascading fractals that make up the walls and everything around you. And yeah it's all a hallucination, but i'm seeing it and most certainly feeling it, seems pretty real to me.

And here's why we see pretty flutterbys!:mushroom2:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/2064691/an/0/page/0#2064691

--------------------
Will all the big boomers please unveil, please unveil, please unveil.

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
    #3285955 - 10/27/04 06:12 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

They happen because your brain bleeds, I thought that was obvious!

But seriously; I don't have any links no, but I do have lots of words to trade.

People get vibrations. Ear drums vibrate to give us hearing. Retinas vibrate to give us sight. Skin vibrates to give us touch.

You put these little molecules in your body and they bind with receptors that are gathering vibrations. Those molecules act like bunny ears on a tv. They are antanae to gather vibrations which we are normally unable to accept.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

Offlinejustin85
Bubbles
 User Gallery

Re: FAQ 49.What are hallucinations really, and what do they look like? [Re: recalcitrant]
    #3287992 - 10/28/04 02:20 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

when I've taken mushrooms I will see things but then look away and shake my head and think about how its not there and it will be gone.  But one time I took LSD and I wanted the things to go away but when I looked away and shook my head they were still there! It was nuts. I think ill stick with shrooms :shroomer:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies