Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHappyNappy
Stranger

possible contam?
    #3275109 - 10/25/04 12:03 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I have 4 PF cakes that have been fruiting for almost a week. There are some fatties, however, most of them are covered around the base and stem with a fuzzy, white growth. I've been looking on the contam forum and it somewhat resembles cobweb but it's not gray enough. I'm thinking it's just overgrown mycelium, but before I make any decisions I figured I might ask a few second opinions. FYI: i use 6/18 fluorescent lighting, mist once or twice a day, fan 4 times a day, temp. is 75 F, and the cakes are sitting directly on a half-inch perlite layer in a dual-chambered terrarium. Sorry, no pics. Any help or information about this kind of growth would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------
Everything I post in this forum is entirely false.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSilven
Male

Loc: El Mexicano
Re: possible contam? [Re: HappyNappy]
    #3275133 - 10/25/04 12:08 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, I'm almost positive it's just mycelium.

I have seen this in pics of other people's grows before, one person even had a mushroom growing off of another mushroom!? 

Anyway, I think it was chalked up to being too high of humidity or something.  Mycelium on your mushrooms will cause absolutely no harm, and if anything increase your potency by the amount that is in the mycelium :wink:

If you had a picture it would be great :frown:

I still think you're fine.

- Silven

--------------------
What do you bring to the table?

OfflineHappyNappy
Stranger

Re: possible contam? [Re: Silven]
    #3275149 - 10/25/04 12:11 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

sounds good, that's what i figured. thanks for the supportive info.

--------------------
Everything I post in this forum is entirely false.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder