Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleTheDude
is waiting forthe peak

Carter: Bush exploited 9/11
    #3274627 - 10/25/04 08:36 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Carter Says Bush Exploited Sept. 11 Attacks

Sun Oct 24, 9:57 PM ET

Politics - Reuters

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=st...paign_carter_dc

LONDON (Reuters) - President Bush (news - web sites) has exploited the Sept. 11 attacks for political gain, former president Jimmy Carter said in an interview published on Monday.

Asked in an interview with Britain's Guardian newspaper why U.S. polls were split over the war in Iraq (news - web sites), the former Democrat president said:

"I think the basic reason is that our country suffered, in 9/11, a terrible and shocking attack ... and George Bush (news - web sites) has been adroit at exploiting that attack and he has elevated himself, in the consciousness of many Americans, to a heroic commander-in-chief, fighting a global threat against America."

"He's repeatedly played that card, and to some degree quite successfully. I think that success has dissipated," he added.

"I don't know if it's dissipating fast enough to affect the election."

The Nobel Peace Prize winner described the invasion of Iraq by U.S.-led forces as "unwarranted" and "a completely unjust adventure based on misleading statements."

Carter also accused Bush of neglecting the nuclear non-proliferation work carried out by his predecessors.

"All of those long, tedious negotiations that were done by Dwight Eisenhower, John Kennedy, (Richard) Nixon and me and (Ronald) Reagan to control the spread of nuclear weapons have been abandoned by Bush," he said.
-----

no shit....

--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFrankieN
Stranger

Re: Carter: Bush exploited 9/11 [Re: TheDude]
    #3274636 - 10/25/04 08:43 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Bush exploiting peoples fear for votes? Those crazy Europeans will say anything.

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
Re: Carter: Bush exploited 9/11 [Re: FrankieN]
    #3274719 - 10/25/04 09:13 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Jimmy Carter has a lot of credibility on nuclear proliferation. He met with the North Koreans during the Clinton Administration and funneled money to Kim Il Sung. I would love to see a reporter tear him a new asshole, but don't expect that from the Guardian. I think it is funny that people still quote Jimmy Carter, or try to attach any relevance or importance to anything he has to say.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
Re: Carter: Bush exploited 9/11 [Re: JesusChrist]
    #3274721 - 10/25/04 09:16 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I think it is funny that people still quote Jimmy Carter, or try to attach any relevance or importance to anything he has to say.

i think the same thing about bush. It's mind boggling isn't it?

OfflineSpongerock
Stranger
Re: Carter: Bush exploited 9/11 [Re: JonnyOnTheSpot]
    #3274915 - 10/25/04 10:49 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Well if jimmy carter said it!!!
Lets just pray he gets alzheimers soon.

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Carter: Bush exploited 9/11 [Re: Spongerock]
    #3274920 - 10/25/04 10:50 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Jimmy Carter is far from alone on this one

OfflineMirth
`'{*;*}'`
 User Gallery

Re: Carter: Bush exploited 9/11 [Re: ekomstop]
    #5437340 - 03/24/06 06:58 AM (18 years, 27 days ago)

Frankie _ I agree, Europeans havent evolved intelijent enough. Bush hates terrorists like I do and he kill those Iraqi scum and got them back for 911 .

EDIT : *(It seems my humour is a little to dry for some north americans, I'm just messin wid ya . I am joking at the crazy fools who actually beleive bush.

Hee hee its crazy that people can think I'm serious haha !)*

--------------------
The ineffable is not always intangible !

Edited by Mirth (03/26/06 07:03 AM)

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Carter: Bush exploited 9/11 [Re: FrankieN]
    #5437407 - 03/24/06 07:28 AM (18 years, 27 days ago)

> Those crazy Europeans will say anything.

Carter was a US president, not an European.

> I think it is funny that people still quote Jimmy Carter, or try to attach any relevance or importance to anything he has to say.

He was one of the worst presidents we have had in my lifetime, but by far the best ex-president we have had in my lifetime. It is sad that some cannot see past his presidency... unlike our current leaders, Jimmy Carter is a good and decent person.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: Carter: Bush exploited 9/11 [Re: Mirth]
    #5438404 - 03/24/06 01:42 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

"Bush hates terrorists like I do and he kill those Iraqi scum and got them back for 911"  :lol:

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #5438791 - 03/24/06 03:52 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Mirth said:
Bush hates terrorists like I do and he kill those Iraqi scum and got them back for 911 .

:rotfl:

You need to pull your head out of Bushes ass.

Iraq had NOTHING to do with 9/11.

Nothing at all.

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Carter: Bush exploited 9/11 [Re: Seuss]
    #5438795 - 03/24/06 03:54 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
> Those crazy Europeans will say anything.

Carter was a US president, not an European.

> I think it is funny that people still quote Jimmy Carter, or try to attach any relevance or importance to anything he has to say.

He was one of the worst presidents we have had in my lifetime, but by far the best ex-president we have had in my lifetime. It is sad that some cannot see past his presidency... unlike our current leaders, Jimmy Carter is a good and decent person.

What made Jimmy the worst president was precisely what differentiates him from the current president, a complete inability to act. His response to the Iran hostage taking was probably the single greatest element encouraging these nutlogs into believing we were pussies who would never fight back.

As to his being the best ex-president I beg to differ. Number 1. Until him there was an unspoken rule that ex-presidents don't slam current presidents. Your out. You either lost or your time was up. Move on. There's no shortage of people to blast the sitting president. There never has been. To have an ex-president adding to the din is a foreign policy horror. Add to that the fact that he is so bitter about being judged a joke while in office his every utterance is sour grapes. Did you hear Bush bashing Clinton? Johnson, Nixon? Eisenhower, Kennedy? No. Carter has opened a very bad can of worms. Number 2. Habitat for Humanity is a fucking extortionate joke. Those morons are barely qualified to build an igloo with pre-cut pieces of ice and they demand lots from developers as prerequisites for project approval. They are no better than a South Bronx "coalition". Fuck him and the horse he rode in on. He is and was so bad he made Reagan look good.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #5438797 - 03/24/06 03:55 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

That didn't take long, did it?

--------------------

OfflineTurn
Hey Its Free!

Loc: The fabled catbird seat
Re: Carter: Bush exploited 9/11 [Re: zappaisgod]
    #5440157 - 03/25/06 01:03 AM (18 years, 27 days ago)

Wow, what the hell. Hey, I am from Georgia, Carter is a good guy. Hes just a little peace loving old man, go easy on him.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Carter: Bush exploited 9/11 [Re: zappaisgod]
    #5440212 - 03/25/06 02:07 AM (18 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Until him there was an unspoken rule that ex-presidents don't slam current presidents.

"Nixon is a shifty-eyed goddamn liar. . . . .He's one of the few in the history of this country to run for high office talking out of both sides of his mouth at the same time and lying out of both sides" -- Harry S Truman

--------------------

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: Carter: Bush exploited 9/11 [Re: Silversoul]
    #5440241 - 03/25/06 02:50 AM (18 years, 27 days ago)

This isn't really anything new.

Vietnam was started because of an attack on our ships, except it was a fake attack, never happened.

War with Spain started because they blew up our ship near Cuba, except the ship blew up because of a mechanical failure.

Now, when it comes to WWII, Japanese attacked us first, so the President rallied the country and got into the war. The same goes for 9/11.

People said and are still saying that the President allowed Pearl Harbor to happen. If that pres did that, then our current president probably did the same exact thing.

And no, the planes were not fake. If the world can find out about our secret prisons, they can probably find out that the attacks were staged. They weren't, they were just probably allowed to happen.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Offlinebeatnicknick
The Innovator
Male User Gallery

Re: Carter: Bush exploited 9/11 [Re: downforpot]
    #5440327 - 03/25/06 05:09 AM (18 years, 27 days ago)

Vietnam was started because of an attack on our ships, except it was a fake attack, never happened.

Answer: True, it was, and it led up to a great mishap of a war that was continually argued rightful by the administration although opposed by most of the world, as is Iraq's current situation.

War with Spain started because they blew up our ship near Cuba, except the ship blew up because of a mechanical failure.

Answer: Never heard of this, but could be true.

Now, when it comes to WWII, Japanese attacked us first, so the President rallied the country and got into the war. The same goes for 9/11.

The difference is that when were attacked in Pearl Harbor there was no attacking a different country other than Japan like we attacked Iraq although they had nothing to do with it, and the day after 9/11 Bush was already figuring out ways to exploit it and blame it on Iraq.

People said and are still saying that the President allowed Pearl Harbor to happen. If that pres did that, then our current president probably did the same exact thing.

Answer: No, probably not, there is no reason to correlate those two things. I don't know all that much about Pearl Harbor but I do know 9/11 was allowed by the Bush Administration.

And no, the planes were not fake. If the world can find out about our secret prisons, they can probably find out that the attacks were staged. They weren't, they were just probably allowed to happen.

Answer: The conspiracy is not that all the planes were fake, it's that the person who attacked us were not who the government told us they were. And a lot of people do believe 9/11 was staged, don't go saying the world hasn't noticed anything fishy about it. It just worked out so perfectly for Bush, and he did so, so many things that would lead you to believe he really wanted 9/11 and it helped it a lot.

--------------------
I don't think for myself. I think as though I'm explaining my thoughts to someone else. I'm concerned only for those listening.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: Carter: Bush exploited 9/11 [Re: JesusChrist]
    #5440794 - 03/25/06 11:53 AM (18 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

Jimmy Carter has a lot of credibility on nuclear proliferation. He met with the North Koreans during the Clinton Administration and funneled money to Kim Il Sung.

source?

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: Carter: Bush exploited 9/11 [Re: beatnicknick]
    #5440913 - 03/25/06 12:34 PM (18 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

beatnicknick said:

Answer: True, it was, and it led up to a great mishap of a war that was continually argued rightful by the administration although opposed by most of the world, as is Iraq's current situation.

Answer: Never heard of this, but could be true.

The difference is that when were attacked in Pearl Harbor there was no attacking a different country other than Japan like we attacked Iraq although they had nothing to do with it, and the day after 9/11 Bush was already figuring out ways to exploit it and blame it on Iraq.

Answer: No, probably not, there is no reason to correlate those two things. I don't know all that much about Pearl Harbor but I do know 9/11 was allowed by the Bush Administration.

Answer: The conspiracy is not that all the planes were fake, it's that the person who attacked us were not who the government told us they were. And a lot of people do believe 9/11 was staged, don't go saying the world hasn't noticed anything fishy about it. It just worked out so perfectly for Bush, and he did so, so many things that would lead you to believe he really wanted 9/11 and it helped it a lot.

When did we start attacking Europe? Before or after Pearl Harbor?

People still say the pres allowed pearl harbor to happen to get into the war. It's a very easy way to gain support if your country is attacked and the people are behind you.

Any side can provide enough evidence to support their point. The conspiracy theorists provided some which doesn't really hold up. They take a puzzle, cut the piece to fit and it makes sense, to them. They are fucking luncatics, fuck them.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

InvisibleAlex213
Stranger
    #5441123 - 03/25/06 01:48 PM (18 years, 26 days ago)

He was one of the worst presidents we have had in my lifetime,

Are you fucking kidding? Just this one statement alone makes him the BEST fucking president in the last 40 years:

Penalties against possession of a drug should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself."

-- President Jimmy Carter,
Message to Congress. August 2, 1977

InvisibleAlex213
Stranger
    #5441129 - 03/25/06 01:50 PM (18 years, 26 days ago)

Bush hates terrorists like I do

And we all know what Bush did when his courage was tested on 9/11. He ran and hid in a fucking hole.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order