Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineoggleman
Stranger
Male
Loc: Chicago
another thread about a chica!!
    #3274116 - 10/25/04 04:23 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Alright check this one out...

Little bit of background info: I work in a bar/ music venue.

I've been working with this girl for like the past month or so, and been totally into her. I get off work and hang out for like 2 or 3 hours after I get done to chill and talk with her, yet I never asked her out or anything, cause I'm kind of a wuss when it comes to girls, but thats a whole nother story.

So tonight I decided I wasn't going to let myself NOT ask this girl out. So I got off work, saw a KICK ASS show, (The Changes, from chicago, check em out if you get the chance) then I sit there for awhile talking to her, other co-workers, regulars, drinkin, and so on. When she says she's gettin ready to leave, I was like "would you like me to walk you to your car?". You know, thinking it would be a good chance to be alone so I could tell her whats up. I think she thought I was gonna grope her or something cause she said ok, but she seemed kinda nervous about the whole thing. So I walk to her car, and she offers me a ride home, cause I was planning on walking home. I was like sure.

So we ride home, makin small talk or whatever and when we got to my place I said to myself, "alright this is it, you aint gonna see her again for a week."

So I got kinda nervous and said, to paraphrase, I don't know if you've noticed but I like you, and I don't know if youre seeing anyone, but I'd like to call you sometime.

And guess what, she has a boyfriend!!! All this time spent talking to her she never once adopted the rather slick strategy girls always use of slipping in a mention of "my boyfriend this" or "my boyfriend that". She was even talking about her boyfriend, and referring to him as "her friend".

She gave me THE MOST adorable smile and said "ooohh you're so sweet, but that guy I was talking about, he's my boyfriend" She also gave me the old "if I was single I would totally want to hang out, and you never know what will happen in the future..." I don't want to dismiss that as total bullshit, but it's nothing to hold my breath for. That wasn't all that was said, just the important stuff.

So I get out the car and start flippin! I RAN into my house, and proceeded to pace, well, more like a a walking run, around and say to myself, "omg omg omfg what was I thinking?!" and a bunch of other stuff along those lines. My cat was staring at me like I was crazy. 15 minutes later I'm on the shroomery makin this post.

Well thats my story, don't really need any advice or whatever, just thought it would make for a good story. However, I would enjoy reading your reactions.

Wooh! I feel like I'm the dorky supporting character from a bad 80s movie.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
Re: another thread about a chica!! [Re: oggleman]
    #3274126 - 10/25/04 04:27 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Wow, it does take some guts to tell someone you like them, especially if you aren't sure how they're feeling about you.
Sucks how things worked out...

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

InvisibleSuper_Blunt
Candyman
 User Gallery

Re: another thread about a chica!! [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #3274134 - 10/25/04 04:31 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

yowzaazzz  :projectile:

--------------------

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: another thread about a chica!! [Re: oggleman]
    #3274145 - 10/25/04 04:36 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

too bad this time it didn't work out, but at least you got over the point to tell her that you liked her.  :thumbup:

Quote:

she never once adopted the rather slick strategy girls always use of slipping in a mention of "my boyfriend this" or "my boyfriend that". 

that sucks, they should always use this strategy!
if not it's probably  good idea to ask if she has a boyfriend after a while wich can save you a sucky moment.

girls are weird  :smirk:

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
Re: another thread about a chica!! [Re: stefan]
    #3274169 - 10/25/04 04:49 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

stefan said:

girls are weird  :smirk:

nuh uh  :tongue:

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub