Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
I saw THE GRUDGE yesterday
    #3273491 - 10/25/04 12:27 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I didn't like it. The storyline (what mangled palty storyline there actually was) really blows. All the scares felt contrived and cheap. Blah.

Anyone else seen it yet?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: I saw THE GRUDGE yesterday [Re: MOTH]
    #3273510 - 10/25/04 12:31 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Not yet, I was thinking about downloading it though.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: I saw THE GRUDGE yesterday [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #3273531 - 10/25/04 12:36 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, download it. I wish I had. After seeing it in the theaters I felt sort of annoyed that I had wasted time and money on it.

InvisibleSubGen1us
 User Gallery

#3273547 - 10/25/04 12:38 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Just spend some money on a home theater system like me, never have to goto the movies again.

I just got a 9 foot screen thats amazing, im so friggen happy.

the price to goto the movies is so damn expensive now and it always seems like
theres someone thats always doing something so annoying the whole time or a phone
goes off ever 5 minutes, or theres a whiney little kid crying.

i dont like the the cinema btw.

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: I saw THE GRUDGE yesterday [Re: SubGen1us]
    #3273571 - 10/25/04 12:45 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

A nine foot screen, wow.  haha, maybe one day.  :smile:

I don't like going to theaters because of the GERM factor.  It's the same problem I have going anywhere where huge volumes of people have come and gone. 

Once, I went into an empty, dim-lit theatre and sat down.  Well, all of a sudden the lights came on really bright and what I saw absolutely disgusted me.  The chairs (originally a bright purple) were ENCRUSTED with grease and grime.  Right at the neck area, none of the original purple color could be found, it was entirely GRAY and BLACK, the fabric stiff and leathery from thousands of germy contact with thousands of people. 

The lights are kept dim in a movie theatre for a reason, folks.  I ran out of there fast.  Now everytime I go to a theatre, I'm squeamish, and ultra careful not to let any vital part of my anatomy touch those gross chairs. 

Anyway, that is my horror story.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: I saw THE GRUDGE yesterday [Re: SubGen1us]
    #3273716 - 10/25/04 01:28 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

NINE FEET?! Holy crap, that's huge.

Offlineunbeliever
Yo Daddy!
 User Gallery
Loc: Gallifrey
    #3273772 - 10/25/04 01:46 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:

I don't like going to theaters because of the GERM factor.  It's the same problem I have going anywhere where huge volumes of people have come and gone. 

Once, I went into an empty, dim-lit theatre and sat down.  Well, all of a sudden the lights came on really bright and what I saw absolutely disgusted me.  The chairs (originally a bright purple) were ENCRUSTED with grease and grime.  Right at the neck area, none of the original purple color could be found, it was entirely GRAY and BLACK, the fabric stiff and leathery from thousands of germy contact with thousands of people. 

The lights are kept dim in a movie theatre for a reason, folks.  I ran out of there fast.  Now everytime I go to a theatre, I'm squeamish, and ultra careful not to let any vital part of my anatomy touch those gross chairs. 

Pampering your immune system too much will just weaken in. Take polio for example. It wasn't until after the turn of the century when sanitation efforts started taking effect and polio started to sweep the nation. This was mainly because kids were no longer picking up the anti-bodies from breast milk when they were babies. The same anti-bodies their mothers had built up by living in unsanitary conditions.

Now, that's not to say you should roll around in the sewer ever day, but being a freak about germs isn't that healthy either. And this coming from someone who's OCD about that kind of shit too. It's something I have to work against.

:smile:

--------------------
Happiness is a warm gun...

InvisibleGeordi_La_Forge
Home Wrecker -DBK
Female User Gallery

Loc: African Confederation, Ea...
    #3273886 - 10/25/04 02:41 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: I saw THE GRUDGE yesterday [Re: unbeliever]
    #3274179 - 10/25/04 04:55 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

unbeliever said:
Quote:

EllemyshShade said:

Pampering your immune system too much will just weaken in. Take polio for example. It wasn't until after the turn of the century when sanitation efforts started taking effect and polio started to sweep the nation. This was mainly because kids were no longer picking up the anti-bodies from breast milk when they were babies. The same anti-bodies their mothers had built up by living in unsanitary conditions.

Now, that's not to say you should roll around in the sewer ever day, but being a freak about germs isn't that healthy either. And this coming from someone who's OCD about that kind of shit too. It's something I have to work against.

:smile:

Yeah, I'm not really a germ freak except in extreme situations, like Walmart and movie theatres.  Even then, my aversion isn't that bad...just makes me feel nauseated.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub