Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineinsanity_420
Beginner
mycelium syringe over spore syringe
    #3273302 - 10/24/04 11:48 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

hey what are the benefits of using mycelium syringe over a spore syringe. Also how is a mycelium syringe made. Thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Loc: dx/dt
Re: mycelium syringe over spore syringe [Re: insanity_420]
    #3273311 - 10/24/04 11:49 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

spores must germinate, this adds 4-5 days to your colonizing time. read about karo water or honey water. click the search button and you will find tons of answers.

--------------------
better living through chemistry

OVERGROW the government!!

it's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, ok, thats what it is.

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Rotation

Loc: That Way
Re: mycelium syringe over spore syringe [Re: derx]
    #3273359 - 10/24/04 11:59 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

hey insanity i just posted today exactly how i did it it shouldnt be to far back.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Offlineinsanity_420
Beginner
Re: mycelium syringe over spore syringe [Re: derx]
    #3273411 - 10/25/04 12:11 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

ok so the jar u use to make your mycelium syringe, can that jar still be cased and grown after you put in and take the water out or does that screw it up

Offlineinsanity_420
Beginner
    #3273413 - 10/25/04 12:12 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

k thanks lemon ill go check it out

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
    #3273679 - 10/25/04 01:16 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

If you use that method yea you can still use the cake... I don't like that method though I just inoculate honey water or agar with spores.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: mycelium syringe over spore syringe [Re: kronnyQ]
    #3274375 - 10/25/04 06:59 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Benifit is not only taking 3-7 days off colonization time because the spores don't have to germinate but makeing a liquid culture you can make hundreds of mycelium syringes from just 1 cc of spores (I do suggest 2cc's per culture though :wink:).

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlineinsanity_420
Beginner
Re: mycelium syringe over spore syringe [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3274567 - 10/25/04 10:09 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

yah i got a feeling i should defelitaly do this. what tek do u use when u make em Scat. i got me a empty syringe and a colonizing jar. actually my syringe may still have a drop of spore solution in it, is there a way i could try to use that first or am i stuck poring water into one of the jars and bla bla bla. i got my one quart jar still colonizing and i have 5 new 1/2 pint jars 5 days old today and im afraid to look in my tub in tub cause i dont want to be upset... That ever happen to you guys

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3275573 - 10/25/04 04:17 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Get two jars and do this to them: 100ml water in 1/2 pints. Add tablespoon of light Karo syrup to each. Stir until disolved. Add lids with two holes in them, add peices of tyvek over lids, add rings. PC for 15 minutes at 15 PSI, but don't go over that and let it heat up slowly. Let cool for a few hours until room temp. Inject one jar with 1-2cc's of spores (depending on how many I have left of that culture). Incubate for 2 weeks, swishing it around every other day (to introduce air to the water and break it up a bit). The other jar should be stored somewhere room temp. After you have a nice cloud of myc in the jar you knocked up, take a syringe (I love the 50-60cc ones for this stuff) and suck up some of the fresh karo. As much liquid culture as you want to use. Squirt the fresh karo into the liquid culture jar using the water jet (from the syringe) to break up the myc chunk into smaller peices. Then suck up what you just sucked in. Put a bandaid over both and store them the same way. They should be kept in the fridge for long term (meaning a few months) storage once it consumes the nutes in the water, unless you inject some new karo water back in, then it goes back into the incubator to consume the new nutes.

If theres even 1/4 cc it should work, it just may take longer.

And I always look in my incubator, I love it..never really have reason to be upset though  :smirk: :cool:

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlineinsanity_420
Beginner
Re: mycelium syringe over spore syringe [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3276620 - 10/25/04 09:07 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

thanks scat. Syringe is empth though..
couldnt i just get the karo jars sterilized and just put a small piece of mycelium in the jar and let that colonize the rest would that work or no.
i dont want to wait for shipping and all and if i can do this it would be earlier and better. I just checked my jars and 2/5 are showin small signs of growth. Hopefully more will be soon. my quart jar has 2 big pieces of mycelium that would of filled a 1/2 pint jar by now.
so is it possible to case what is in the quart jar and cut a small piece off and put it in the jar while casing the rest
thanks for the help guys

OfflineRubbermaid
2nd Timer

Loc: United Kingdom
    #3276899 - 10/25/04 10:12 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Would it be possible to make a spore syringe from a sterile spore print in a jar with water to suck up everything in a syringe, and then inject this syringe into the Karo or honey mixture? Then could I mix the colonized Karo mixture with brown rice flour and Verm, or possibly other substrates to do some 1/2 pint jars, and after the jars are colonized, go mix the crumbled cakes with more BRF and verm in larger jars?

Also, could I simply avoid spore-printing altogether by using a coonized PF cake and throwing it in the blender/food processor with some pressure cooked BRF and verm? I have heard one can mix a fresh mushroom with some mycelium with rye in jars and perpetuate the culture, but would this work with cakes and substrate? Im assuming so because cycelium in the tarranium will colonize my casings as well as a bit of perlite. Any help appreciated!

--------------------
"Rubbermaid" is a curious purely fictional character and does not exist, and would never do anything illegal.

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: mycelium syringe over spore syringe [Re: Rubbermaid]
    #3276933 - 10/25/04 10:17 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

um.. that defeats the purpose of sterilizing the jars after you seal them, doesn't it?

You can use tissue to grow a culture, but I don't think that's what you are looking for.  Easiest way to keep your crop going is to use spores and liquid culture jars. :wink:

Good luck!

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Offlineinsanity_420
Beginner
Re: mycelium syringe over spore syringe [Re: Sam1912]
    #3277045 - 10/25/04 10:41 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

something like this right http://www.shroomery.org/index/the/default/par/8002
thats the same basically as taking it from spore solution right. anyone ever used that method and have any tips for me

OfflineAhronZombi
AhronZombi

Loc: NY
    #3277199 - 10/25/04 11:16 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i love myc cultures they are super fast, plus you use way way less spores. and its easy just make a jar with water and 1 tspn of honey , mix it up good, microwaver. let it kool off for a day or so sealed, then inoculate with some spores. in just days your water will be full of white shit

--------------------
[url=http://kratom.tcotu.net Low Priced, High Quality Kratom[/url]

OfflineRubbermaid
2nd Timer

Re: mycelium syringe over spore syringe [Re: AhronZombi]
    #3277280 - 10/25/04 11:37 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

thanks for the info everyone, I think Im just gonna get a big bag of birdseed and wash/strain it out to get the desirable seeds, and then cut up a good stringly cake for some honey/water colonization, and/or make some myc syringes. Ill post some pics when I see results. My casings are doin real well, but I just got alot of contamination on my PF cakes, and tosed about 4 out of 12 cakes this morning, I had brown mold on the botton of some of them. Think I aired the terranium out too much.

--------------------
"Rubbermaid" is a curious purely fictional character and does not exist, and would never do anything illegal.

Offlineymhrswrider
Butthead

#3279889 - 10/26/04 04:29 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

You know you don't have to PC it, right? I did the honey tek but added boiling water to the jar with honey already in it. From there I put the lid on with polyfil in the hole. I threw the whole thing in the microwave and nuked it until a good boil was going in the jars and steam was shooting out the hole. This took about 2 minutes and I had no prblem with the metal lid in the microwave. I don't know if this will work with all microwaves though. From there I let it cool and shot her up with spores. Then, just cover with tinfoil wiped down with alcohol. I saw growth withing 36 hours and still no contams. I think the PC thing is a little overkill for this. Newbies should be able to do this without buying a PC.

--------------------
Flashbacks are God's way of saying, "This one's on me".

OfflineRubbermaid
2nd Timer

Re: mycelium syringe over spore syringe [Re: ymhrswrider]
    #3301565 - 10/31/04 06:02 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah I see now... had to reformat the computer. Then it possible to just inoculate a few quart jars with a few mycelium syringes? I plan on taking a stringy cake from my terranium, and theoring in a jar with glass and water and hydrogen peroxide to chop it up. Then Ill just add 2/3 of a full syringe into each quart jar through one hole in the top and swirl it a but so spread it around. Then Ill seal the top with a sterile aluminum foil lid and let sit. Im guessing as long as the cake is not contaminated, the mycelium syringe will work with hydrogen peroxide to kill and minor contaminants not yet seen.

--------------------

OfflineMushroomFriend
Vargen ska fanleva!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
    #3301770 - 10/31/04 07:17 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Very interesting stuff!!! :thumbup:

Me is lurking and spying and sucking information! :laugh:

Cool lots of luck with teh growing,

MF

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation