Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Please Update this forums rules
    #3272401 - 10/24/04 07:38 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DXM is not IMO an entheogen.

So people know not to waste their time discussing other hallucinogens.

Facts should far outway opinions.

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

Edited by Civ (10/24/04 08:11 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: Please Update this forums rules [Re: Civ]
    #3272571 - 10/24/04 08:29 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

let me get this straight. you don't think people should post about DXM on this forum?

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Re: Please Update this forums rules [Re: barfightlard]
    #3272617 - 10/24/04 08:37 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

let me get this straight. you don't think people should post about DXM on this forum?

No, not me - but someone is moving the DXM posts into oblivion. I was quoting whoever was censoring the DXM threads.

--------------------

Edited by Civ (10/24/04 08:41 PM)

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Rotation

Loc: That Way
    #3272687 - 10/24/04 08:57 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

yeah people dont view it as a trip(i know its a trip). so they get rid of it. if only they knew. but dont start ripping people for it cause they have the power to make you go away.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Offlinebarfightlard
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Please Update this forums rules [Re: lemon_lw]
    #3272830 - 10/24/04 09:37 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Thats really unfair. DXM for me is most definatly a trip, just because it doesn't effect another the same way doesn't mean it can't be a trip. Pretty sad when the shroomery would do something like this....

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

#3273242 - 10/24/04 11:28 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

DXM is actually one of the most mind-blowing psychedelics out there.

It's carried my mind further away and given me stronger visuals than just about any drug. I've only done it 3 times but if you take 1200mg, you'll understand.

That said, not a drug I care to use again, but definitely a psychedelic drug.

Offlinequarkyquasar
Happy FluffyBunny

Loc: NorCaL
Re: Please Update this forums rules [Re: Ayrios]
    #3273251 - 10/24/04 11:31 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I was under the impression that it belonged in ODD.
Did they move them over there or are they gone?
I wish I could still do DXM but its just to much for me these days.

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

#3273791 - 10/25/04 01:54 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DXM is actually one of the most mind-blowing psychedelics out there.

Indeed it is.

--------------------

OfflinekLaWsRauGHt
Seeker of innertruth
Male

#3274165 - 10/25/04 04:46 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

ive done dxm two times.. first time 600mg and i nearly had a heart attack.. and i had a few cev's... the second time, i just nearly had a heart attack without cevs.. or oevs.. anything what so ever..
(pure dxm)

--------------------
"I love the expansiveness of thought, i detest the morbidity of the mind"

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Re: Please Update this forums rules [Re: kLaWsRauGHt]
    #3275043 - 10/25/04 01:44 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

first time 600mg and i nearly had a heart attack..

Thats like giving someone a 1/4oz of fungus for their first trip, a little overboard for a first time.

I don't care what drug your doing, you CAN give first timers TOO MUCH of any drug

Any DXM faq you wil find advises against first timers taking a tripple dosage. What if your allergic - 1 out 10 people in america are allergic to penicillin, if you are and you take DXM you will have a very unpleasant reaction.

--------------------

Edited by Civ (10/25/04 01:52 PM)

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #3275131 - 10/25/04 02:08 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

This discussion is an important one to have at this time.

Admittedly, I do not know a lot about DXM. IE: I have read, but I have not swallowed much. Just enough to feel it.

Let me explain why I do not feel DXM should be discussed in here, even though it has hallucinatory properties.

Here is the first, foremost and most important reason:

Seeing things is not tripping. If you get drunk, you see double. People daydream while sober.

DXM is easily obtained, and can be purchased over the counter by minors. If they buy the wrong stuff, or if you have a reaction, it can be VERY harmful. DXM must be pure. Most kids, minors are most likely to use this stuff, don't properly research everything they take. Hell, neither do most adults.

Let's face it, once you can drink alcohol legally, people usually stop sipping the cough syrup. It is more of a replacement for drinking than drugging. It always has been.

As a Trip Tips moderator, I am interested in tripping. Tripping for spiritual reasons. Tripping without physical risk.

I do not want to be responsible for all the 14 year olds who can view this forum without even registering.

I can not guarantee they will use the right DXM. I fear, they will use whatever they get their hands on. What if they have a bad reaction? What if they take too much? What if they tell mommy?

I am not willing to bear this responsibility.

It is my goal to help the Shroomery Tripping community find SAFE, POSITIVE, SPIRITUAL (and sometimes illegal) ways to trip. DXM is infinitely more dangerous than Shrooms or Acid.

People who take DXM do not talk of their "Trips" like DXM is a real entheogen, and everything I have read at Erowid leads me to believe it is a "Downer" that also, causes some hallucinations.

This is not my area of expertice, nor do I really want it to be. I do not condone taking physical risks, just to trip... nor do I wish to babysit those people who do.

There are better places than the SHROOMery to discuss DXM. There are many better places to get your information about DXM than the Shroomery.

Please feel free to continue this discussion, I would love to hear your opinions, but please address the issues I have brought up.

These are the reasons I do not want DXM talk in here. My rules will not change unless my issues with DXM are convincingly addressed.

Please keep this discussion civil. I am more than willing to have a proper discussion of this topic and I may be willing to bend. Please do not take my oppinions about DXM personally, I do respect your opinions.

For now, DXM threads will still be locked or moved.

Cervantes

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Re: Please Update this forums rules [Re: Rose]
    #3275261 - 10/25/04 02:46 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I don't really care about DXM, like I said before I am on the shroomery to discuss mushrooms. But now people went and stated some things that I cannot let go, its the Crass in me...

Quote:

DXM is easily obtained, and can be purchased over the counter by minors. If they buy the wrong stuff, or if you have a reaction, it can be VERY harmful. DXM must be pure. Most kids, minors are most likely to use this stuff, don't properly research everything they take. Hell, neither do most adults.

I did not know the shroomery was a hang out for 14 year old kids?

Quote:

let's face it, once you can drink alcohol legally, people usually stop sipping the cough syrup. It is more of a replacement for drinking than drugging. It always has been.

Its illegal for minors to purchase cough syrup were I am.
It only contains 45mls of alchohol.

Quote:

As a Trip Tips moderator, I am interested in tripping. Tripping for spiritual reasons.

I have shaken hands with god while having OoBE's on DXM. Talked a bit about the world then went on and bounced around other planets and talked to their gods. Discovered new introspective views on life, that stayed with me after my experiances.

Quote:

Tripping without physical risk.

Damn, wouldn't that be grand?

Quote:

do not want to be responsible for all the 14 year olds who can view this forum without even registering.

I can not guarantee they will use the right DXM. I fear, they will use whatever they get their hands on. What if they have a bad reaction? What if they take too much? What if they tell mommy?

I feel the same way. Little kids shouldn't do drugs- good point.

Quote:

There are many better places to get your information other than the Shroomery.

All I am saying is if you don't like it being talked about, then officialy censor it then, include in the forum rules that you do not like DXM.

To say DXM is = to DAYDREAMING is crazyness.

I prolly wont ever do the stuff again, 100 or so trips under my belt in 7 years. I have danced with the spirits and conversed with the gods and my fix was satisfied. I don't enjoy drugs for their feelings as much as ther crazy trips that follow.

People have been eating dxm since 1960's.

Only trips I wil take now are of the fungus sort.

Quote:

Please keep this discussion civil. I am more than willing to have a proper discussion of this topic and I may be willing to bend. Please do not take my oppinions about DXM personally, I do respect your opinions.

A lot of what you said it right, and some of it is wrong. This is your forum and what can be said and whats to be censored is your choice. I was just stating that it should be included into the forums rules so people don't waste time.

Many non LSD/Psylocibin drugs get discussed here -

I looked at this forum as it was "Trip Tips" - people we're tripping and wanted tips to make their experiance better and safer so I spoke.

--------------------

Edited by Civ (10/25/04 03:21 PM)

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#3275444 - 10/25/04 03:37 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

All I am suggesting is this:

You are crying over spilled milk.

There are other places where you can discuss such things.

You don't see cocaine, opium or other drugs that are arguably entheogenic in this forum. Why do you think that is?

As for asking you to keep this discussion civil, it is in your best interest to do so. This is an off topic discussion as far as I am concerned but I am allowing it. This forum has rules, rules that must continue to be respected in this thread. It is in your best interest not to be offended by my position on this. Getting upset will get you nowhere, giving a positive argument might.

As for 14 year olds. They should not be here, but this forum can be viewed by anyone.

I don't want new Shroomerites coming to this forum to discuss drugs better suited for other forums.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinebarfightlard
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3275468 - 10/25/04 03:44 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I think you should take a good dose of pure DXM then make your decision.

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#3275493 - 10/25/04 03:52 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Why do you think we don't talk about opium in Trip Tips?

Opium is arguably hallucinogenic.

This forum is for Physically SAFE substances. LEGAL drugs are NOT ALWAYS SAFE. Not all ILLEGAL drugs are safe either. There are other places for such discussion.

Nobody really posted about DXM in here until recently. Why's that do you think?

After a search, I see less than 50 posts containing, "DXM" in this forum, all from the last month. Before that... NOT ONE POST ABOUT DXM IN THE TRIP TIPS FORUM... EVER!!! Weird huh?

Tussin' sippers are nothing new, discussion of DXM belongs elsewhere.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinebarfightlard
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3275547 - 10/25/04 04:08 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Any substance can be physically harmful if your not careful with it. I don't see a good reason why DXM users shouldn't be able to give trip tips to others.

--------------------

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

#3275558 - 10/25/04 04:11 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

There is another forum on the shroomery for these drugs to be discussed I have found out.

They are in a forum with drugs that are considered more risky. Drugs like this are based off dosage and experiance (and many other factors) - and from what I see, I agree here fully that it is much safer for us as a community to have prerequisites before just letting anyone give/receive information on these drugs.

--------------------

Edited by Civ (10/25/04 04:12 PM)

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#3275568 - 10/25/04 04:15 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Civ said:
There is another forum on the shroomery for these drugs to be discussed I have found out.

They are in a forum with drugs that are considered more risky.  Drugs like this are based off dosage and experiance (and many other factors)  - and from what I see, I agree here fully that it is much safer for us as a community to have prerequisites before just letting anyone give/receive information on these drugs.

:smile:

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

#3276065 - 10/25/04 06:34 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Forum description: "What do you do to help make your psychedelic experiences enlightening and enjoyable? Post your suggestions and ideas here, or use the existing information to help plan a trip."

If you talk about tripping on opiates, you'll be laughed at. That's closer to delirious dreaming. If you talk about tripping on DXM, people who don't blacklist it for being OTC but have actually done it will understand. DXM is a psychedelic. All there is to it. Maybe not so much at 300 or 600mg but very much so at a gram.

It could be worse... Atleast Wiccan_seeker isn't a mod in this forum.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#3276117 - 10/25/04 06:46 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Then why, Ayrious, have there been 0 posts about DXM in this forum before last month?

Certainly people have discussed it here at The Shroomery. Why not in this forum?

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience