Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGabrielKnight
I can eat moreshrooms thanyou!
 User Gallery

4 questions from a newbie...
    #3270614 - 10/24/04 04:22 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hi,

I ordered a Golden Teacher prepared kit (take the lid off, spray with water, leave in humidity etc) from Monkey Magic and it said on the lid that I should keep refridgerated and start as soon as possible. However, I left it with the lid still on, at room temperature for 4 days and in the fridge for a furthur 3. Am I likely to have killed the spores?

I've settled my shroom kit in the same cupboard as cannabis plants, in a covered propagator under a 400W Sodium Lamp. Even with the cupboard open, and all the windows in the room open, the temperature can reach as high as 38*C and of course there is a lot of light. I tried covering the propagator lid to block out some heat and light, but it just seemed to make the shrooms hotter. They have been like this for 24 hours, but is this too hot and bright?

Is there a danger of the shrooms contaminating the cannabis or vice versa if they are in close proximity?

I want to use a small ozone generator to kill some of the smell of the cannabis, but all of the info says that ozone generators are good for killing odours and mold. Would they kill / damage my shrooms then?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineaussieone
shroominator
 User Gallery

Loc: QLD, Australia
Re: 4 questions from a newbie... [Re: GabrielKnight]
    #3270636 - 10/24/04 04:31 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

1. no, only if your room temp go beyond 41C
2.i would move them somewhere else, that temp can slow down growth alot!
3.no
4.your gonna have to ask someone else :smile:

IMO i would move it somewhere else :grin:

--------------------

OfflineGordoSmith
Fatty

Re: 4 questions from a newbie... [Re: aussieone]
    #3270685 - 10/24/04 05:19 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Agree with aussieone..

The ozone generator wouldn't affect the shrooms, as long as the shroom lid is sealed correect?

--------------------
Wow, those are some fat ass stems.

Offlinediscman1
journeyman
    #3270711 - 10/24/04 05:48 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

1) No.

2) 38?C is 100?F. WAY to hot for cannabis, let alone mushrooms! Get them out of there! And get those temps down for your plants man! Above 85?F the leaves' stomata close and the plant can't breathe as efficiently, which results in slower than optimal growth. I only hope you haven't killed your spores/mycelium.

3) No.

4) It doesen't matter since you're not going to be able to grow your shrooms in there. :wink:

OfflineGabrielKnight
 User Gallery

Re: 4 questions from a newbie... [Re: discman1]
    #3271300 - 10/24/04 12:15 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Okay, thanks for everyone's help!

I've moved the shrooms out of the light cupboard and put them in a heated propagator a meter away from the light source and they've settled at 28*C. I don't have any ventilation in the cannabis cupboard so I probably need to look for a couple of fans. In the meantime, I have left the cannabis 30cm in front of the cupboard with the cupboard doors open, so they recieve indirect heat and light from the 400W sodium lamp. They have settled at 32*C.

I am still keen to use a quite high powered ozone generator - my flatmates have told me they will leave if they get the faintest whiff of weed. There will always be a lid on the mushrooms in the propagator but are you sure that a machine that is designed to 'kill odors and mold' won't somehow damage my Golden Teachers? The ozone generator will have to be near the shrooms because they are in the same indirect light source as the cannabis, and I can't afford any more light sources... unless would the natural light coming through a window at the other end of the room be enough?

Many thanks.

Offlinediscman1
journeyman
    #3271346 - 10/24/04 12:32 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, light comming through a window is plenty.

You definately need to get some fresh air to those plants. Even a circulation fan would probably help a lot.

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
    #3271973 - 10/24/04 03:27 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

hey gabriel - in your other post you worried about flatmates discovering your shroom grow op. i can definitely and unreservedly tell you that your cannabis grow is far far more likely to be a danger -

. it's illegal, but the shroomgrow is legal in UK
. bright lights (and expensive leccy bills, and suspicious leccy providers)
. smells
. leaks, floods, electrical shortouts etc.....

--------------------
buh

OfflineGabrielKnight
 User Gallery

Re: 4 questions from a newbie... [Re: shirley knott]
    #3275615 - 10/25/04 02:27 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!

Please do not delete / move this post. It is an emergency!

When I said I was trying to grow cannabis under this very bright 400W sodium lamp at temperature up to 40'C for the last 48 hours, I meant that at this point, I have only been trying to germinate the seed.

I got home tonight and reread the info and now realise that I was supposed to germinate in COOL, DARK, DAMP conditions. How did I f*****g miss such a thing? Trying to start too many projects at the same time.

I realise that this is a shrrom forum, but I'm having a major panic here and hope that someone will be able to help.

I'm really pissed off now because I've spent ?50 / Pure, ?15 Skunk1 seeds and can't afford to buy any more for ages. Will I have f****d them up for ever under these conditions?

The maximum ever temperate was 40'C, for 2 hours. The average temp for the rest of the 2 days was 35'C, under a huge amount of light, comparable to direct sunlight. The seeds are a tiny bit under the surface, some of them practically on the top. I have watered quite a lot because despite having a lid on the propagator all the time, there has ineviatably been a lot of moisture loss from the surface. The compost has dried out quite a lot from time to time, but the conditions have been damp and humid 80% of the time.

After 48 hours, I can see some of seeds, but they are doing nothing. Have I cooked them to death?

OfflineZeroArmy27
I didn't go to work for a month.

Loc: Middle of nowhere
    #3275712 - 10/25/04 02:50 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

this is probably going to get moved after you asking that question, but i'll try to help you out.

get a small plastic bag and put a damp paper towel in it. but the seeds inside of this in a dark place for about a week and then check on them. If the sprout is around 2-3 cms, plant it very carefully.

If you want to grow pot, my suggestion is a membership to another board, overgrow.com. Those guys are pot wizards... they also have some nice ways to conceal your grow with micro grows (my personal choice, no loss in quality, just quantity :smile: )

--------------------
"a monkey would fuck you up if you tried to put it in a autoclave" - Psychoslut

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

OfflineGabrielKnight
 User Gallery

Re: 4 questions from a newbie... [Re: ZeroArmy27]
    #3275731 - 10/25/04 02:56 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks Zero Army! YooDaMan!

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #3275761 - 10/25/04 03:06 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

hey, I'm moving it with a link to its new location... you'll get more answers

OfflineGabrielKnight
 User Gallery

Re: 4 questions from a newbie... [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3279800 - 10/26/04 02:15 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

The shroom kit in the meantime, after about a week, has stopped looking like frogspawn with a bit of fur, and is now filling the whole area of vermaculate (or whatever), with cotton wool type material padding out the original frogspawn. There is nothing growing above the surface yet, but is the activity below the surface normal at this stage?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale