Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
just got my first contam
    #3270085 - 10/24/04 01:09 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i just checked my jars and 3 out of 8 were contaminated. the strange thing is it was only in my B+ jars at the inoculation site. is that usually the first place to get contams. next, does this mean i have a dirty spore syringe or can i hope for a dirty needle and if it is the spore syringe is there any way to save it.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblenoxy
Dr
 User Gallery

Loc: its more a time, not a pl...
Re: just got my first contam [Re: lemon_lw]
    #3270105 - 10/24/04 01:14 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i would guess dirty needle if you didnt flame sterilize it before/between injections
what do the contams look like?

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Re: just got my first contam [Re: noxy]
    #3270127 - 10/24/04 01:18 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

they were a dark green, i already trashed the damn things i was pissed, but your right now that i think of it the very first one i inoculated doesnt have a problem but the three thereafter did. ok so next question how do you clean dirty jars im gonna boil, soak in bleach, then boil again to be safe.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Invisiblenoxy
Dr
 User Gallery

Loc: its more a time, not a pl...
    #3270133 - 10/24/04 01:20 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

you got it

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Re: just got my first contam [Re: noxy]
    #3270143 - 10/24/04 01:22 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

cool thanks noxy for helping me see something so obvious.

--------------------

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#3270149 - 10/24/04 01:25 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Don't be pissed. Contams are a part of nature and don't throw them away, Flush them.

In the sewers mold finds itself a paradise

--------------------
Agent 727

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Re: just got my first contam [Re: MAGnum]
    #3270157 - 10/24/04 01:26 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

good perspective magnum, im good now.

--------------------

Offlineiluan
Keep your stickon the ice.
Male User Gallery

Loc: lookin at crazy in the re...
    #3270251 - 10/24/04 01:50 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

One mistake i made when starting out.. when i had a syringe i didn't have room to suck air up into it.  I squeezed off some into a jar then sucked air thru a flame to shake.. big mistake... my first jar was fine, but i musta sucked up some contams when i drew air.  If your sure your jars are PC'd good and contam free, then suck the air right back from the jar you first noculate.  :cool:

--------------------
Remember..if the women don't find ya handsome,they should atleast find ya handy!

I do what i can with what i don't have!

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: just got my first contam [Re: MAGnum]
    #3271674 - 10/24/04 02:13 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MAGnum said:
Don't be pissed. Contams are a part of nature and don't throw them away, Flush them.

In the sewers mold finds itself a paradise

Molds are a part of nature but us aiding in the cultivation of them (albiet accidental and unwanted) is not a part of nature. Jars should be PCed or injected with bleach before cleaning them to help yourself out killing off the mold so you don't have problems when you dump them. Not to mention, I'll be damned if any open air contams are going in my house ANYWHERE let alone down the toilet in the bathroom which is where I do all my sterile work. If you empty your jars out in the house, your asking to lose your whole grow.

To clean the jars..after dumping them outside, the jars go in a bucket of bleach and soap water I bring down. Then carried up..rinsed out very well..no chunks or spots so they look clean then go through the dishwasher. That thing has to get up and/or over 200 degrees from what I can tell when I open it. Then they end up getting rinsed later right before anything goes in them and then PCed once loaded. I rarly have problems with contams, but they do happen, no matter how sterile you are. The goal is to minimize it happening.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Re: just got my first contam [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3271688 - 10/24/04 02:19 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

good thinking iluan,thanks

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract